At Home in Good Company

Keith

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's no comparison. It's the Ferarri's that look like kit cars. Yours looks more like the real McCoy.

Tod

[/ QUOTE ]

Expecially that tarted up F40 or F50, whichever it is. Add on pieces abound on that thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks quite a standard F40 Ron and I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder (I agree though, it does look as if a boy racer has bolted some bits on from that angle). But comparing apples with pears as some folks are doing on this post is a lost cause and a waste of virtual ink. There's over 30 years between these marques and personally I think they're both fab cars but for very different reasons and as the French say - "Vive la difference" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Nice find Colin! The F40 is stock aside from a Tubi exhaust and titanium shift knob. It's owned by a local with a rather nice collection of F-cars. Bloody thing belches flames when going through the gears. Interesting piece of engineering. Fit and finish are odd as you can see carbon weave through the paint and adhesive where panels are bonded together.

Neal

I got the impression Ferrari went out of their way to make
the F-40 appear as a track-only car...so fit and finish were comensurate with what you'd find in the pits..not in a showroom. A little too far out there for some.

MikeD

Wasn't it Enzo Ferrari that said "I sell you the mechanicals, the body I throw in for nothing" or something along those lines. Regards

I remember reading an article where they did a comparison between the F40 and an orignal GT Spyder (maybe GT108). It was years ago when the F40 came out and not being so studied on the GT40s I figured the F40 would blow away the old GT. It did out handle the GT, which had skinny tires and wire rims. But I remember being surprised that the GT out accelerated the F40 and was at least a tick better in several other areas.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Jeremy Clarkson (yeah, yeah, I know....) did a back to back comparison of an F40, GT40, XJR, XJ220, Bugatti EB and maybe a couple of others some years back. The F40 came out on top, but only just ahead of the GT40, which came second. Clarkson was surprised how capable and how much fun the much older 40 was....

Back