another

Attachments

• 75281-DSCN0460(Small).JPG
    75281-DSCN0460(Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 398

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: Aus. Comp \'06

Fantastic! Pete, I was hoping someone would post pics and finally we get some RFs on a run looks to be about 50/50
The million dollar men are on a roll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Morgan Park will be hosting it's first super sprint series for the season this weekend, at least 3 GT40s will be at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif(old cars,new drivers)along with a smattering of quick cobras amongst a variety of other sports cars.All having fun while I manage pit head quarters for catering and the dishes---all sympathy greatfully received /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Are the dishes of the Female variety?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

How do I get to Morgan Park? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

You could use that nice shiny new GT 40 -- and be sure to set the cruise control to the speed limits (heavily patrolled)as it's about a 1.5-2 hour trip.Morgan Park is the centre for Aust.Polo Crosse(that equestrian stuff) it also has a drag strip,a large dirt bike venue, a gun club as well as the race circuit with wineries near by---perfect!
Now take the cunningham highway to Warwick(from Bris.), continue through town till Maccas then next left at the "lights"(wood st) then R @ T, L over railway line,next R and straight on to 2nd L @ roundabout (old Stanthorpe Rd)--look for the gate on right(aprox 1 Klm) as you go past, then back up and enter the gate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif just follow the tarmac till you come to the circuit entrance--then enter that ,then follow your nose to the beer tent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifthats where I'll be, looking after the dishes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lurk.gif-- you know country towns --think I,m about 40 years too late

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gifJust a reminder for competitors using road registered cars here in the state of Queensland Australia ,You will need a third party extension certificate from your compulsory third party insurer -- basically a permit to allow you to use your vehicle for competitive activities /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
and a fresh one for each event, stating name of event and date, present at scrutineering--no cert. no start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Chris, I hope to be there Sunday.Re TP insurance cert
what if you took the plates off and told the scrutineers it wasn't registered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

The pit lane and car park are public roads, so another form must be completed--to satisfy insurers, until said vehicle is on the circuit which becomes CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motorsport) resposibility. Its a duty of care thing to appease relevant insurers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Although a mountain of paper work is involved to go racing, working with the system is OK instead of working against it until our national personal ID card can contain all this relevent info,then we must cross the "T"s and dot the "I"s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Yes! a 2S min. -- suits hillclimbs, sprints,motorkhana etc
contact local cams office or apply online. If you're over 40 you may need a medical incl.a heart performance test.( if you pass the heart test then the psychology test becomes irrelevant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
QR has its own licencing which can only be used at AASA insured tracks which you will need to race there as well. If you have a NC (national circuit) licence ,then its universal .
THEN you need FIA approved shoes,suit,gloves and helmet.The car must have FIA approved seat belts and fire extinguisher.
All the above is "lifed" for 5 years, so when purchasing check for current date. (so you have 5 years use)
CAMS has a comprehensive manual that covers all your questions --a need to read
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Pete. You will always be under 40 with a GT40 in the garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Good thinking Norman, bye the way the GT has been joined by
a new FFFriend in the garage..Only problem, I have to get some razor wire to put between them to stop them fighting.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

28/5/06 The Qld 500 www.queenslandraceway.com.au/ Gee a couple of GT40s would look good here. Its a 3 1/2 hour team enduro and goes into the night ( a good excuse for a break up north Ross )

Also the Roma classic is off! (strike three)

Attachments

• 78112-100_2407.jpg
    78112-100_2407.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 426

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Saturday Arvo Sprints at QR saw 3 quick DRB GT40s workin' overtime as their owners grappled with the power and handling characteristics -- While watching them go by just gave me a lump in the throat -- instead of a lump in the pants if being in the cock pit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 78684-bncproducts.png
    78684-bncproducts.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 385

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

"Top Gear" racing at QR this Sunday 22/4/06 -- I know there's a few cobras entered-- that need a hurry up, Greg ?
4 track configurations, standing starts door t'door,all day--a test of fitness,bring plenty of fuel

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gifHandling characteristics counteraction ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Attachments

• 80247-racetech.jpg
    80247-racetech.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 477

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Watch it Pete, you'll get "Ollivered" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
Racing at Sandown, where Ross is chipping away at some stiff competition,also Paul debuting in his DRB cobra --all trying to keep up with with a 6L Corvette of Murray Carter--an old timer --god! he must be nearly 90 years old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Good luck chaps!

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Yep just got home at 10pm Chris been down at Sandown working on the car.It dropped onto 7 cylinders
during qualifying and I did that ist race on 7 as well.We tracked it down to a bent or stuck open inlet valve on #1 as compression was only 30.You can also hear the compression puff back through the trumpet too.I could only hear it when I took my helmet off inside the car post qualifying.The head will have to come off so I've pulled the pin on running tomorrow.Paul on the other hand is having a great time and had a great first race.He was with me in my garage, nice guy too.
Ross

Back