Aus. Comp '06

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hope you last longer than last year Chris. No I still have a fuel shortage problem to enter the 1 hour race. I have a 30 litre tank and I reckon I would need 100 litres to last an hour. I suspect the new motor is consuming more now too. I will finish the year off at the Sandown historic meeting and that's in November too. I'll be looking forward to the christmas break, been a fairly hectic year.
Ross

Malcolm

Supporter
flatchat said:
Ross, will you be entering the Island Magic , Phillip Island this year 25-26/11/06 ?? as I've got meself a seat in an MX5 again for the 1 hour enduro and aiming for a better result this time.
The lead up to this will be a shake down at QR 4-5/11/06

You guys also race MX5's? On 1st Nov I am taking two guys to see Ron for the VIR 13 hour enduro where we shall run one of Ron's MX5s. So how about next year (2007, bit late for 2006) we have an Aussie team, a UK team and a USA team? May the oldest country win? It would be a hoot.....

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Great minds think alike Malc. Need to know dates,licencing etc etc .
Dental records show that Australia maybe the oldest country | RaceCarRentals.com.au |
This black one on the trailer is the campainer and is as quick as most of the cobras

Attachments

• Picture 010 (Small) (2).jpg
    Picture 010 (Small) (2).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 479

Malcolm

Supporter
Cool, NZ - Aus, so close together it makes no difference! Now guys, don't rise to that bait! But a down under team is good although you will need a third driver. Also we need to tell Ron! Gently, as getting all the cars prepped keeps him busy.

His emails to me now tell me our car is all up and ready and improved upon from last year, possibly up to 3 secs a lap quicker. Can't wait.....

Malcolm

Supporter
See Ron's post on SCCA License and VIR thread just started, so maybe a seat for this year now available after all. If I can get a license waiver you down under guys should be able to too! Ginny will make it happen if you want to be there.

Ron Earp

Admin
It is possible to do, no doubt. If you have a competition license in your country the SCCA will accept it if we grease the wheels a bit. Our Max5s run with tops on though and we run with race tires instead of streets as in the UK, but fundamentally the same series. Bring it on! We could easily setup a US, AUS, and UK team event with three cars. We are entering five this year with RTP Racings and one other fellow throwing his car in for us to seat, so there are enough.

Ron

Ron

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We're off to see the wizard --of "Island Magic" Phillip Island this W'end for the sports car enduro,I'll be partnering with Greg in his MX5 (a powerful team developing here,watch this space for the Aussie world assault contingent) We had mild success in the recent event at QR with a second in class and 14th from 33 starters -- due to a very cunning driver change strategy (thanks to a safety car period)and it was a great relief to actually finish a race.
Aaah, we'll be available for autographs during the weekend if any members care to visit.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
How did you go at Phillip Island last weekend Chris? I hear mr Logan was floating around.I didn't make it down and I'm still angry they made that race the last round of our State Championship.Denied me points considering I couldn't run.Don't think Island magic is on next years calendar. Funny how events are structured to suit Porsches though isnt it.
Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Thanks for asking Ross, had a really great weekend--weather was excellent,socially -- adequate. (schoolies week and all) We were set for a podium finish in class(E) but an intermittant misfire caused a couple of extra pitstops during the enduro and unfortunately blu our chance,all in all very pleased with our performance for a couple of first timers, love that track just can't go fast enough. Spent most of the 30 laps dicing with some bloody 944s and a couple of stodgy 911s, we could out brake and corner 'em then they would just get passed us on the straights and then watchout for the 360 ferrari every 5th lap and then a couple of quick GT3s etc etc
Must say that the MX5 is a brilliant little car and although lacking punch out of turns its braking and handling is fenominal. Big thanks to Greg and his well oiled team for it was a pleasure to part of
Maybe the Lo-la, Lola and GT40 next year ?

Back