Aus. Comp '06

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Aus. Comp \'06

Murry Carter? Are you sure it is not his son? Murry was an old bloke when I was running a bug eyed Sprite about 40 years ago!! If it is the original Murray he is about 90!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Geez Pete your avatar is a bit overpowering
Any way, another glorious 2 days of super sprints at Morgan Park this weekend for a few GT40s and the usual amount Cobras--I know Greg has been practiceing extensively lately to establish some lap records.
Spectator entry is free, great excuse for the million dollar mens cruise--go on you know you want to

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
With "Mothers Day" this Sunday is a premier event for the season here in south east Queensland, known as the "McLeans Bridge classic sports car show"--prizes at noon for the best vintage, veteran, classic, modern and even facsimilies -- be early! Its big and proudly hosted anually by the Triumph owners club.
If you don't know where it is-- just follow the smoke trail on all roads leading to North McLean

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
From about 500 well presented sports cars the DRB XJ 13 took out the peoples choice prize and closely followed by a DRB Cobra, a credit to their owners and Mr DRB (mystifying the traditionalists)

Saturday afternoon sprints at QR will see a couple of GT40s at full practice
and this Sunday the "top gear" event will be in full swing-- well worth a look if you're a local

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hey Pete aren't there gates at the entrance to hell? yes that is the senior Murray Carter he looks a lot younger than you though, how is that possible.Ok I'm only joking. I am pleased to anounce I have found the reason for my lap times slipping away.Full story in the engine thread soon. Chris I see your a full time secretary for QLD events, surely you deserve a car by now.
Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Well Ross, thought I'd live up to the reputation of Qld reporter and grab some pics of '40s getting cained at the track --- this's all I got when the F'ing battery went flat -- try again next weekend at the super sprints, (Morgan Park) where I've been told if I don't show up with the Cobra (fully repaired )for hers to use, there could be a divorce

Attachments

• 40ii@ QR.jpg
    40ii@ QR.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 664

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I believe the Ferreri club is having a half day "practice" at Morgan Park this Sat.arvo 15/7/06 --- any local GT40s care to go for a peek ??

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The entries are now open for the Cobra nationals at Wakefield Park,Goulburn NSW Australia . 29-30/9 and 1-2/10/06
Friday practice,show'n shine then timed everything Sat and Sun ie:- Super sprints, drags, go to whoa, hill climb and thanks giving.
Need to book accomodation now!

So aah, how 'bout it Ross ?

Here's something to chase he he.

Attachments

• gt40@pace 013.jpg
    gt40@pace 013.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 655

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
A major event in Qld (Aus) for those that would like to see some old timers, as in their glory daze

Attachments

• ipswich06_webflyer.jpg
    ipswich06_webflyer.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 596

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Chris
I'm being a rockstar at an old band reunion in NZ on the 30th September so I'm out for the Cobra Nationals. Would be good though, wouldn't mind giving George Vidovic a run for his money with my new motor in. Think I'm on target for 500hp ooh goody.

Ross

ross nicol said:
Chris
I'm being a rockstar at an old band reunion in NZ on the 30th September so I'm out for the Cobra Nationals.
Ross

That's a bugger Ross. Would have been great to have at least one RF there to compete against the DRB GT40's on the track. Last year we did get an RF, first one I have seen at this event, but he didn't do any track events. Don't know why, with Hill Climb, Sprints, Go-to-whoa, 1/8th Mile Drags...there is an event for everyone.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Craig
That sounds like fun those events.I really enjoyed the Heathcote drag day we did at the Shelby Fest even though Steve beat me.I'll get to do a head to head with you Q'land guys one day.Maybe I'll get up to one of the factory's
Sat BBQ's, where Pete and I can compare our photos of lovely girls and we can talk all day about our cars.Time really flies when your having fun.Mental note (leave Cheryl, wife,hand brake,financial controller) at home.
Ross

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
ross nicol said:
.Maybe I'll get up to one of the factory's
Sat BBQ's, where Pete and I can compare our photos of lovely girls and we can talk all day about our cars.Time really flies when your having fun.Mental note (leave Cheryl, wife,hand brake,financial controller) at home.
Ross

Whoa, brave words young Ross, you had better hope that Cheryl is not like Di
who logs on from time to to see what I spend so much of my time doing..

Anyway when you get out of intensive care we look forward to catching up again.

Good to see Melbourne kicks off next years F1 season.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hey Pete
I think I'm ok Cheryl's not in to cars like Di is. You were a bit quiet after the All Black/Wallabies rugby on Sat night.Someone should tell the wallabies coach not to leave the training till after the Haka. Bloody good game though.Yeah F1 first race of season but no V8's, takes a bit out of the show when Aussie premier race catagory is missing. What support races does it leave celebrity crash dummies and go kart corp challenge. I suppose on the plus side you get more time to frequent Pete's bar.
Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Leyburn Sprints are on again this weekend--- commemerating the first Australian Grand Prix way back in '49 on an old air field that was used during WW2.
A number of GT40s have competed here over the years and this year Peter Ransom will be debuting his factory demo 400+ rwhp rocket to a customery class victory --- I hope.
A great place to visit for the locals who need to blow out some cob webs

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Peters GT40 certainly commanded attention at Leyburn for a 3rd outright.

Now he's at it again at Pittsworth this weekend--plenty of action here for southern Qeenslanders.

The Cobra nationals next weekend 29/9/06--1/10/06. Its BIG(for Aus.)they're oversubscribed and have knocked back several disappointed applicants.
Gearing up for the epic 2500Klm round trip from Qld are 16 Cobras, 3 Gt40s and a Daytona coupe--- looks like a clean sweep in trophy tally for Qlders--again.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Good score for 3 GT40s at the Cobra nats -- they took turns at coming 1st 2nd and 3rd in everything (very gentlemanly)

Ross, will you be entering the Island Magic , Phillip Island this year 25-26/11/06 ?? as I've got meself a seat in an MX5 again for the 1 hour enduro and aiming for a better result this time.
The lead up to this will be a shake down at QR 4-5/11/06

Back