Australian Floods

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Pete/Di, I went back to my roots found break & enter came back to me just like it was yesterday. Had to break into the double hung window next to the laundry (smallest window) only to discover after we broke the glass it wasnt locked, could have opened itcheck twice smash once (bugger). All cars safe, Brett & I moved them to higher ground. Decided to take the TV of the wall and the amplifier along with the photos in the garage and put them up stairs. Computers and electronics form the study all with us. Only thing I couldnt get out where the bikes, water was closing all exits out of Westlake and had to move fast. while I was there the water climb up to the patio level from the pool height, it is rising really fast.
Organised a glazier to replace the window just not sure if he will get there before there is no access. Otherwise it should be all over by friday unless it pisses down again. I will go back and check as soon as I can and let you know what has been affected.

Thanks Mate, I really appreciate that, we owe you.:thumbsup:
We will be back as soon as we can organise it.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nice to have a friend (?) :) like Mick to come over and put all your stuff in a 'safe' place. I watched some of the video from Tooooumba (sp?) where do you come up with these names? But what's the worry, you're probably getting snowed under in Steamboat!

Good onya Mick

Toowoomba is an Aboriginal word meaning shit Brudder watch out when it pisses down here mate!
Yep Onya Mick and Brett.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-brisbane-floods/story-e6freon6-1225986010728

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Boys I have to let you know what a good bloke Mick is. He has a chain of Gyms, one in particular in Milton is already inundated. He has spent the last two days moving his stuff from the Milton Gym to a safe place, but still found time to look after my stuff and move it out of harms way. (I hope God will decide.) Once more thanks Mick you are a good mate!:thumbsup:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi All

Given the state of the floods in queensland I figured the women could use some new shoes in keeping with the conditions.

Dimi

Attachments

• high-tide-heels[1].jpg
    high-tide-heels[1].jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 184
Boys I have to let you know what a good bloke Mick is. He has a chain of Gyms, one in particular in Milton is already inundated. He has spent the last two days moving his stuff from the Milton Gym to a safe place, but still found time to look after my stuff and move it out of harms way. (I hope God will decide.) Once more thanks Mick you are a good mate!:thumbsup:

Move stuff from a Gym is a very HARD work.I did it many times,helping friends and it was a very hard (and fast) training.

Crossed fingers for u all guys.

Sorry to hear that Pete, but at least you are OK and the house is still standing. I'm in Sydney, of course, but our Brisbane office in the CBD has closed so that people can attend to their personal emergencies and because it is too hazardous a trip for some to get to work. The scale of this flooding is incredible.
On a lighter note, if anyone would like to bring their 40 down to Sydney for safe-keeping, I can look after it and will keep it in good running condition.

Damn Pete, sorry to hear that! So glad that Mick could help out. Best mates are hard to find, and this forum abounds with them!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Good luck Pete and Di. In the coming weeks I think Queensland has a task of incredible proportions and the world is watching and hoping. I know there is nothing we can do to help from here but we all wish you the best when you get home.
Dave M

Hi Pete, took some snaps of the house today do you want me to upload them. Good news & bad only about 500mm on the ground level didnt get to the garage.

Some pics Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0524.jpg