Australian Floods

At Obama's "State of the Union" speech the other day, both Democrats and Republicans sat together. The press called it "Date night".

They get to date, but we get screwed!

I'm agreeing with Pete; pissed off with both the main parties and also the Greens. The Democrats died. Can we round up a large group of intelligent Independents? There aré not sufficient options to get us out of this stagnant rut where we're all getting screwed.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The enquiry into the management of Wivenhoe Dam will show that water should have been released before it reached 60% capacity but this was not done because "someone" took the decision to keep the dam at 100%
maybe because of the previous drought conditions. Wivenhoe was always supposed to be used for flood mitigation not drinking water. Someone screwed up big-time.
The scary thing is the flood gates have been shut and the dam is still at 100% capacity with a couple of Cyclones threatening. F%%cking morons are in charge.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Class action anyone?

Recently, I spoke in Queensland Parliament about the Bligh Government's mismanagement of Wivenhoe Dam.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=Arial>To read my full speech or watch the video online, <A href=
click here or to view any of my other speeches, visit my website www.scottemerson.com.au. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
As always, if you have any concerns regarding this or any other State Government matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.<o:p></o:p>
Best regards<o:p></o:p>
Scott Emerson MP<o:p></o:p>
Member for Indooroopilly<o:p></o:p>
Shadow Minister for Science, Research,<o:p></o:p>
Information & Communication Technology<o:p></o:p>
1/49 Station Road Indooroopilly QLD 4068<o:p></o:p>
Phone: (07) 3878 1928 Fax: (07)3378 7072<o:p></o:p>
Email: [email protected]<o:p></o:p>

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I could not think of anywhere else to post this, this Government pisses me off.

Something to think about.

The sad thing about this is, when Ipswich flooded not one of those poor devils were allowed to go to the air force base, it was considered too risky. Keep in mind that no one lives on Amberley base these days, but has huge amounts of accommodation, an officer's mess kitchen ( now unused) a movie theatre, could have helped with the kids. Endless source of water, electricity and room for vehicles.... But NO, they were not allowed to go there, but Muslims that have disrespected our Air Force base in Weipa, are allowed to stay.
WHAT IS GOING ON in this country....

This is from the man who drives the pilot boat in Weipa....

Three hundred boat people have been housed at RAAF Sherger Air Base in Weipa.
All are being accepted into Australia.
All are men.
All receive the pension same as our pensioners – all get the same amount again for hardship payment – this equals twice what our pensioners get.
All receive fifty dollars a day for spending money.
Security staff employed to watch them.
Chefs employed to feed them (one quarter of a tonne of chicken a day alone is cooked).
They won't pick up their own rubbish.
There was a massive dispute because they didn't like the radio station.
Another dispute because batteries were flat for the Nintendo games.
Tents set up for mosque prayers had to be air conditioned.
The Bores/Wells set up to run RAAF Sherger adequately are now dry because taps are left running all day long.
Sewerage systems now blocked with condoms (???) supplied to them (and all of them are men remember)
Dept of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) wants Dept of Defence to pay all the bills so they can hide the costs of allowing three hundred refugees into the country from tax paying Australians.

Australia needs to know.

Congratulations Gillard you fool.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
When she talks on TV she sounds as though she has had a stroke in the broca's area or is brain damaged in some other way. Maybe they all sound like that in Barry, Glamorgan (Wales)

I could not think of anywhere else to post this, this Government pisses me off.

The sad thing about this is, when Ipswich flooded not one of those poor devils were allowed to go to the air force base, it was considered too risky. Keep in mind that no one lives on Amberley base these days, but has huge amounts of accommodation, an officer's mess kitchen ( now unused) a movie theatre, could have helped with the kids. Endless source of water, electricity and room for vehicles.... But NO, they were not allowed to go there, but Muslims that have disrespected our Air Force base in Weipa, are allowed to stay.
WHAT IS GOING ON in this country....

This is from the man who drives the pilot boat in Weipa....

Three hundred boat people have been housed at RAAF Sherger Air Base in Weipa.
All are being accepted into Australia.
All are men.
All receive the pension same as our pensioners – all get the same amount again for hardship payment – this equals twice what our pensioners get.
All receive fifty dollars a day for spending money.
Chefs employed to feed them (one quarter of a tonne of chicken a day alone is cooked).
There was a massive dispute because they didn't like the radio station.
Another dispute because batteries were flat for the Nintendo games.
Tents set up for mosque prayers had to be air conditioned.
The Bores/Wells set up to run RAAF Sherger adequately are now dry because taps are left running all day long.
Sewerage systems now blocked with condoms (???) supplied to them (and all of them are men remember)
Dept of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) wants Dept of Defence to pay all the bills so they can hide the costs of allowing three hundred refugees into the country from tax paying Australians.

Australia needs to know.

Congratulations Gillard you fool.

Pete - So sorry to hear of this. It is a situation that we face here too. Unequal rights for those less deserving....

Disgusting. :thumbsdown:

The sad thing about this is, when Ipswich flooded not one of those poor devils were allowed to go to the air force base, it was considered too risky. Keep in mind that no one lives on Amberley base these days, but has huge amounts of accommodation, an officer's mess kitchen ( now unused) a movie theatre, could have helped with the kids. Endless source of water, electricity and room for vehicles.... But NO, they were not allowed to go there

Chefs employed to feed them

Gillard you fool.

Dave,

The bits I've left in are accurate. The rest, to be polite, is burley for the pilot boat.

Freewheel,

Thanks for that.

I found Pete's post disturbing, given that a couple of minutes googling gave the lie to the income these jokers receive.

I am not a party political animal, as I have previously indicated. Our PM is not winning any friends, but the mad monk is totally OTT.

Dalton is on the money. Where are the politically competent? This crowd of self serving turkeys (and I include the current lower house) seem to ricochet between the various opinions of the radio shock jocks. The Greens do not bear consideration.

What a way to run a seriously magnificent country!

Clive

Keith

Is it true that your Julia was given the name "Walking Eagle" after visiting a Native American site in the USA?

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Probably should be "Screaming Eagle" named after a well known motor bike exhaust system. (All noise no performance)

Keith

Ah, OK. I was given to understand that she greatly appreciated the Native American name given to her without realising that it meant something like:

"Walking Eagle - so full of shit it cannot fly"

Back