Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 203
Mick & Pete,

What a mess. Look's like it could of been worse. Pete look's like you will be cleaning up for a while once the water levels start to drop. You will fine things that were deposited by the water. At least you were not in downtown Brisbane. Hope everything go well for you.
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Mick and Dave and everyone else for their kind thoughts. It looks like we got off fairly lightly compared to others. Nothing that a lot of hard work cant fix.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Gees Pete

Just saw this thread, been off to Merimbula for a few weeks and didn't get on the forum.
Hope you didn't lose too much, I'm a bit far away to offer help cleaning up but if there is anything that you need, let me know.
(I can probably organise a slab of beer delivered to you if you'd like :))

Bill

Clive,

Good pic's. One of the draw back's of having waterfront property and living on a flood plain. We haven't heard from Pete lately, he's probably busier than a two headed woodpecker cleaning up. With everyone in the same boat, manpower and equipment will be at a premium.
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Clive my suburb is not mentioned go to PhotoMaps by NearMap. My house is the fifth up from the corner on the riverside. It is a white roof with the solar panels visible on the roof. This was taken two days after the flood peak.

Pete,

Hard to tell does your house have to terrace on the upper level with green carpet. Pool in front also, soar panels on the back half of the roof.
Dave

"Beagle Boys" That's a new one on me. You can see my house on Google Earth and street view. Right now were flooded with water in it's solid white form. More on the way.
Dave

Dave,

Sorry, I'm showing my age.

Circa 1960 Walt Disney comics. Gyro Gearloose's arch enemies.

Anyone else care to reminisce???

Clive

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

Hard to tell does your house have to terrace on the upper level with green carpet. Pool in front also, soar panels on the back half of the roof.
Dave
Dave no green carpet, if you type in the finder Carnegie st Westlake Qld Australia. My house is the seventh house counting form the first corner from where Carnegie st comes in from Westlake drive on the western end.

Pete,

Found it. I hope those Beagle Boy stay away. Of course a nice aluminm baseball bat helps with those types.

I would come and give a hand Pete, but I don't think my wheel barrow and shovel would be considered carry on. I just put in a new gas water heater today. The old one had the tank let go. The more I spend on the house ,the less on the car.
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

Found it. I hope those Beagle Boy stay away. Of course a nice aluminium baseball bat helps with those types.

I would come and give a hand Pete, but I don't think my wheel barrow and shovel would be considered carry on. I just put in a new gas water heater today. The old one had the tank let go. The more I spend on the house ,the less on the car.
Dave
Thanks Dave,
The help I got was incredible not only from Mick and my neighbors but complete strangers, who in my absence helped shovel and hose the mud out of the house. I am told that at one time up to ten people were helping out. A special thanks to Mick who organised moving my cars to safety
and put in at least eight or nine hours of hard work cleaning up the incredibly smelly mud, despite his own business being flooded. Thanks to all.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Today the Prime Minister announced a flood tax! These bastards will use any excuse to raise revenue. Will the flood victims see any benefit from yet another tax? I doubt it, layers of bureaucrats will be put in place to administer this "temporary" tax leaving little for the victims.
The Government could have cut millions out of the overseas junkets they award themselves each year, they could cut billions out of foreign aid.
They could save millions by cutting the bureaucracy across the board.
But do they choose do do any of this? No, lets impose yet another tax.
Bastards!
BTW. The last temporary tax was income tax introduced after WW2 to pay for the war effort. We are still paying income tax.

Last edited:
One of those things Pete, death and taxes. Income tax over here was only supposed to pay for the Napoleonic wars.

Hope your getting your place back in order, and there was not too much damage.

Pete,

From being an ironed on Liberal/Republican/Tory voter for a huge number of years, they are losing me.

Flood Levy Has Plenty Of Precedents

Bitch all they like about this levy, the Liberals have used the principle to raise vast sums in the past, for various programs, all they considered 'essential'.

Just let the current Government (underlined) to get on with the job. If they get it wrong, they will pay at the next election.

Clive

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Clive both sides love taxing the crap out of us, I'm pissed off with both the Libs and Labour and especially the greens. I guess next election I will have to find an Independent to vote for.

Back