B.O. Supports Mosque near ground zero.

A BALANCED VIEW also serves to educate those with less knowledge of a situation.

Domtoni,

Graham has a very valid point and one I aspire to.

With the gratest of respect, I don't think anyone whos own website states "Who is Bob Livingston? Bob is an ultra-conservative American". Is going to post information or articles on it that are of a "Balanced View", or provide anything constructive that would help to resolve the situation.

Nick,

No disrespect to you or your opinion. I don't think you represent a balanced view for yanks, except those who subscribe to the EU vision. And we have had several make their statements.

Remember US democracy is different from EU democracy. The first is based on one's ability and the government providing this freedom, while the second is based on entitlement.

As you know, I live very close to large populations of this ethnic/religious minority, and encounter them in the gym every night. These people keep to themselves, and rarely communicate with us western european type people.

When you have a loss of communication (which is not my fault), then I have reason to be concerned and that is why Bob Livingston's script makes more sense to me than your vision.

Remember US democracy is different from EU democracy. The first is based on one's ability and the government providing this freedom, while the second is based on entitlement.

Domtoni,

I'm not sure I follow. When a US citizen is born, they are free and one's ability is irrelevant surely? This is exactly the same as in the EU.

Can you elucidate please?

Cheers,

Graham.

Graham, let me try to explain, and I am not sure I will do the best job at it.

A Yank typically thinks about what he do on his own. In the USA, aside from unemployment compensation and two weeks holiday, one doesn't have the same set of entitlements that we have here in Europe. This was fine when the economy grew and jobs were plentiful. The USA was always the place where EU people could make their fortunes. My grandparents emigrated from Italy, and their kids did very well. In Europe they would not have had this possibility. (class warfare etc). Your UK forefathers emigrated because they didn't like the structure emposed by the king of his time. Others came because of famine (Irish) etc.

A European thinks (now I am using some examples from my university days when I spent two years in Rome) about securing a place with 5 weeks holiday, his pension etc. The social structure is different. Jobs more difficult to find. Those who stayed were more willing to accept the social circumstances as they were, which led to a greater development of social thinking. Remember the German Karl Marx, and his writings. He had significant influence in the USA as well as here, but most Yanks did not accept his thinking.

If one looks at the difference between different news sources, the BBC is pretty good about being neutral, but one of the local jokes as to what BBC stands for Bum Bumping Company. This gives one the impression that a particular group has a lot of influence in that particular media organization. No disrespect to them, they have to live just like those who are of a different persuasion. You also recognize on BBC that the news providers are often of an ethnic persuasion, and not British in origin.

What I think this translates into is a skewing of the news to their editorial content. I can't blame them, each news provider does the same.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Keith

Graham, let me try to explain, and I am not sure I will do the best job at it.

A Yank typically thinks about what he do on his own. In the USA, aside from unemployment compensation and two weeks holiday, one doesn't have the same set of entitlements that we have here in Europe. This was fine when the economy grew and jobs were plentiful. The USA was always the place where EU people could make their fortunes. My grandparents emigrated from Italy, and their kids did very well. In Europe they would not have had this possibility. (class warfare etc). Your UK forefathers emigrated because they didn't like the structure emposed by the king of his time. Others came because of famine (Irish) etc.

A European thinks (now I am using some examples from my university days when I spent two years in Rome) about securing a place with 5 weeks holiday, his pension etc. The social structure is different. Jobs more difficult to find. Those who stayed were more willing to accept the social circumstances as they were, which led to a greater development of social thinking. Remember the German Karl Marx, and his writings. He had significant influence in the USA as well as here, but most Yanks did not accept his thinking.

If one looks at the difference between different news sources, the BBC is pretty good about being neutral, but one of the local jokes as to what BBC stands for Bum Bumping Company. This gives one the impression that a particular group has a lot of influence in that particular media organization. No disrespect to them, they have to live just like those who are of a different persuasion. You also recognize on BBC that the news providers are often of an ethnic persuasion, and not British in origin.

What I think this translates into is a skewing of the news to their editorial content. I can't blame them, each news provider does the same.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Just like that eh? No further questions :blank:

How about mindset examples..

EU = "We can't do that, there must be a rule about it"

USA = "Get 'er done!". No obstacles...

Keith

Oh dear...
If ever there are two topics not to discuss with friends it's religion and politics.

As Confucious say: "Gung Ho Cookee Boy, If no discuss - how can solve? With bullet & bomb only?"

It's all very cordial on this forum - we love a dig or two :)

Anyway JonnyBGoode mate, I am seriously worried about our American friends - right now their trumpets are so loud that I'm fearful that it will be their walls that will come a tumbling down, that and the fact that the "random error" in their GPS satellite system is off the clock.

Keith

Very true Jack very true. Just in case then, I shall retire to a neutral corner for a session with the "magic sponge" mate :)

And we know we'd be speaking German, Russian, Japanese and probably Serbo-Croat without you guys... anything but that whiny nasal Oz stuff. :laugh:

Nick,

No disrespect to you or your opinion. I.

Domtoni,

The reason I posted the opinion of Amnesty international was precisely because they were not my opinions but those of impartial balanced observers. Again the salient points.

World Health Organization (WHO) trucks of medical equipment bound for Gazan hospitals have repeatedly been turned away, without explanation, by Israeli border officials.

Israeli soldiers also continue to shoot at Palestinian farmers, fishermen and other civilians when they venture near Gaza’s perimeter or approach the three nautical mile limit that Israel imposes on Gaza’s coastline causing deaths and injuries.

The blockade prohibits most exports and restricts the entry of basic goods, including food and fuel. Much of the available food is provided by the UN and other aid agencies, or smuggled in through tunnels running under the Egypt-Gaza border and then sold on at exorbitantly high prices to Gaza’s beleaguered residents

Rather than targeting armed groups, the blockade mainly hits the most vulnerable, such as children (who make up more than half of the population in Gaza), the elderly, the sick and the Gaza Strip's large refugee population.

But whatever its stated justification, the blockade is collectively punishing the entire population of Gaza, the majority of whom are children, rather than targeting the Hamas administration or armed groups

Keith, did you know that during the First Continental Congress of the U.S., the "official" language
was voted to be English, beating German by only one vote.

Keith

Ja mein Freund, verstehe ich vollständig.!

Jackboots in Pennsylvania Avenue?

Gott in Himmel!

Perhaps it was only the language that changed then.. :drunk:

Here is what Margaret Thatcher said about the difference between Europeans and Yanks:

"But the whole history of America is quite different from Europe. People went there to get away from the intolerance and constraints of life in Europe. They sought liberty and opportunity; and their strong sense of purpose has over two centuries, helped create a new unity and pride in being American.” – Margaret Thatcher

Back