Barber Motorsports Museum

I am proud to say that Mr Barber chose RCR to manufacture and supply some awesome automotive pieces of art for his Museum walls..plus one for him to drive on track.

We built a 917 in the famous Gulf orange and blue livery, a GT40 in the '65 Daytona colours and a P4 .
All of the bodies are mounted on a steel frame to enable them to be hung on the wall. The pieces are also only in polished gelcoat with clear top coat and vinyl graphics to give them a deeper luster and try to stop some of the static dust cling.

Not that I need much of an excuse to visit the Barber museum but now I have another reason to go.
If you have not been and you are a motorcycle guy or a lover of all things with engines and wheels its absolutely a superb place to live the Walter Mitty dream...

Attachments

• DSCF4943 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4943 [640x480].JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCF5000 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF5000 [640x480].JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF4950 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4950 [640x480].JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCF4947 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4947 [640x480].JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF4951 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF4951 [640x480].JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Cool. Been there sort of - I was in the area before the whole complex was finished and not open for business. I offered the kid at the gate every bribe I could think of to let me past :) To no good end :( If I ever get back to Alabama I won't miss it for sure.

Its awesome....I am looking forward to racing there later in the year on my sidecar too.
Mesa,
How was your Phillip Island race BTW.

I have raced vintage motorcycles there numerous times. The track layout is great and I love the giant insect sculptures placed throughout the grounds. Facilities are top notch and the museum is absolutely awe inspiring! You feel like you are looking at life sized match-box cars and cycles. Its a must see if you are ever around that area. First time I race there, I felt like a formula one team pulling into the grounds.

I have a couple of bikes I plan on racing along with the wheelbarrow too.

As you say the facility is absolutely world class and one of the cleanest I have ever been to, but having Cadwell Park in the UK as one of my local tracks for years its not hard to shine in comparison.

Ahhh the Mini! I really wanted to export one to the US when I moved here!

Also, not to derail a thread but

ABOUT.

DAT.

CARBON FIBRE.

CHASSIS.

Time to spill the beans yet? You keep teasing us :D

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Ben
If you buy it, he will have more room for more toys! or build something else.

Back