R31 (Re) Build Update

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete - is that Kendells - the cider? Seems like things are looking up.
Unable to trace it here in the UK but sooner or later it will happen. If they can import XXXX, Tueys, and Fosters, they can import anything.
By the way, the Rum Runner may just be looking for a Victualling Officer (Liquids) if you are interested?
No it is actually Hendricks a very nice gin. I have no idea where Kendells was dredged from, way too many reds when I posted my reply.
Victualling officer (liquids) sounds like good gig. Who would be Victualling officer ( Tarts)?

Last edited:

Keith

R31 UPDATE:

Rope Fender now on - boat signwritten..

RRport.jpg

Stern Signwriting:

(PS Roger the Cabin Boy thinks he hasn't been spotted doing something with Master Bates)

RRStern-1.jpg

LAUNCH TODAY!

After satisfactory engine service, system checks and Sea (Harbour) Trials being in All Respects Ready For Sea, the Victualling Officer will attend and develop an Inventory. Probably as many as a dozen bottles!

Keith

As bin briceing the sprainsplaice shince Black Tot Day 31st July 1970 wich wash as all Brits will recall - a day that will live in INFAMY!

Jush a 'lil break and then UP SHPIRITS for me again at the eekwend. Yesh.

Then, when in cupsh, load grape, canister and more Grog and go an attack Frensh.

The Good Ship Bum Rummer will shail at shunrise!

Capt. Hardy, do you have a suitable "Plank" to egress ne'er-do-well's? Required equipment for a "Rum-Runner"!

Keith

Jack, Walking the Plank infers that you have let a miscreant on-board to start with. I assure you our Press Gang techniques have been honed over the past 300 years and only females will be able to make their mark (apart for the seriously vetted permanent hands that is).

Ne'er do wells will not get past my ships Bulldog at the main gangway and is always always hungry. For various reasons, I have named him "Morton".

Well, then, Morton will cull those not fitting. The rejects are sure to float though!
It is those seriously vetted "hands" that I'm worring about.

Keith

Well there's only me (I always vet myself as no-one else has ever let me play) and the Victualling officer. To be fair, he has an exemplarary record and can procure (or magic which ever you prefer) suitable vittles such as lemons, limes, ice and good English cheese, which as you know, form a vital part of any ships comestibles.

So I would fear not for us Jack, as although we have a number of Somalis living amongst us, they will not succeed in pirating our ship - we have a secret weapon to repel boarders (in fact anyone really) called PERKINS which can lay a fearsome smoke screen thick as any London smog and as noxious as Jane Fonda's underwear.

The Perkins will perform as a terrific smoke screen given the opportunity! I have personally experienced this phenom. Carry on old mate! IMO, there is NOTHING as vile and noxious as JF's underwear!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apart from the standard spirits I will requisition 51 or Sagatiba (Brasiian rum) and then we can get totally wrecked in the mid Solent. Keith - can we go foreign and claim duty on fuel and booze?

David, I fear that with sufficient quantities of Sagatiba all navigational aids would be lost. I agree, like that stuff!

Keith

David, in a word why? We take the boat to Portsmouth Harbour, raid the Bonded Stores and Bob is your uncle. I already get fuel at commercial rates which is very low duty and cheaper than the Grenouille variety.(Shhhh you never know who's watching).

We have to get past what is left of the British Navy and the Harbour Police though (I think the Harbour Police now outnumber the British Navy which is somewhat ironic).

I would also like to correct any misperceptions vis a vis my earlier comments about Somalis, as we have many living here and wonderful people they are too. Of course, a tiny minority engage in piracy in their homelands and apart from the odd Benefit scam I'm sure that their UK based cousins are model citizens, just like them, who after all, are only doing what they can to feed their families. Acquiring the rich western fat cats' wealth via seizing ships is a marvellous way of redistributing wealth and so they only make $50 million per ship seized, so what? Do you know the price of Carnation milk and Milton Sterilizer these days? They mean no harm and of course they are blessed Muslims.

Thought not, so not all Somalis are pirates of course, just as not all crazed psychopaths are Norwegians. Glad to have put the record straight.

Mr Morton, I need your vitals to procure your uniform from stores, but rumour has it that you have indented for Legs Wooden Replacement Two for the Use Of. Can I be assured that if true, you will be issued the same length as your current ones? Else I fear matters will be at half mast and you will have to sail sans cullotte.

Keith

And you will have to supply your own Parrot. May I suggest a Norwegian Blue? They seem very much en vogue lately....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Allergic to parrots. Psittacosis. We once had a consignement of Parrots and day old chicks to fly on a jumbo and I declared I would not do it. They were three day old chicks by the time they arrived, and the parrots went with another airline..

After my recent holidays (in doc) I am temporarily immuno-compromised and therefore any parrots and ships cats are a no no. I don't mind having a stuffed toy one, even if it has a sqwawking sound system embedded , but the real life defacating variety no chance.
Must dash. Horlicks beckons.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Parrots? YAAAAaaaar, they be plenty seagulls out there to do THAT job! HaHaHaaaaar:laugh: A fine cask of grog to you Cap'n Greybeard n yer Victualling officer of the highest rank, n here's hoping ye don't have to repaint yer sloop with seagull repellant fine ship that she is! 'n when ye launch and her hull kisses the water for the first time, remember the fine words of G&S 'Oh better far to live and die, under the brave black flag I fly --'

YAAAAaaaarrrr!

Back