Best ECU available in the US

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Le Vea:
Wayne,

My ~$3000 price for the TEC3 includes

1. TEC3
2. MAP
3. MAT
4. Trigger wheel and sensor
5. water temp
6. narrow band O2
7. knock sensor
8. coils
9. harness and terminations

Does your $2650 cover all those items?

Mark
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does.

In response to the question made by Maxwell S. Fischer, I'd like to know just exactly you expect here? WHAT exactly do you consider a complete system? When I entered this discussion/forum at the request of a friend, I did so to remark on what I read as being the topic here, i.e. "Best ECU available in the US." I thought I did a reasonable job of explaining what it is that I bring to the table, and exlplained where a guy could read more if he's a glutton for details. I've talked to a number of folks as a result of them reading this thread and appreciate the sales it has brought me. I've given a pretty substantial chunk of time and energy to this topic, but am beginning to suspect that a few people expect to have the whole thing served to them on a silver platter. Well, with all the variables envolved in this type of system, much of it needs to be purchased a la carte. The ECUs themselves are largely universal, but depending on what you do or do not already have, the combinations of parts and their cost are nearly endless. I'll mention again what these systems sell for, but I'm not going to try to get into a bidding war with another dealer. Do your homework and select a system that does what you need it to do, as well as what fits comfortably within your budget. Do business with a dealer who is as interested in your project's success as you are, and always remember that there's always lots of people with lots of advice, but you have to excersize diligence to be sure you heed only the best.

E6K~$1150
E11~$1500
Termination kit (connectors)~$75

Good luck with your projects, and have a Happy Holiday Season.

BK

When I think of a complete system this comes to mind:

1. ECU
2. Harness
3. Trigger Wheel
4. Magnetic Sensor
5. Mag sensor mount
6. MAP sensor w/termination
7. CLT (coolant) w/termination
8. MAT (manifold air temp) w/termination
9. HEGO (heated O2) w/termination
10. Fuel Injector connectors (8)
11. Knock sensor w/termination
12. coils

There could be more. Ignitors for the coils IF you need them. TPS if you need it (I have one already)

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark,

Just curious. . . what ECU did you end up using in your car? I've broadened my offerings to include the Autronic lineup since we last spoke, and I was curious to see how your car has developed. What system did you settle on, how much was it, and why did you choose it?

Basically, I'm trying to learn about what it is that folks building GT40 replicars are looking for in an Engine Management System. I see some guys opting for the Edelbrock and/or SDI systems (low-end) and others going with MoTeC and EMS ECUs (high-end.) What I bring to the table is VALUE. I don't sell the cheapest or most expensive ECUs. I sell value.

Anyway, if you haven't looked into Autronic, you should. Had I known as much about Autronic then as I do now, I'd have never bought my MoTeC system for that price.

Brian Kennedy
BMEP Fuel & Tuning www.bmepfuelandtuning.com

Brian,

I've purchased the Electromotive TEC-3. I guess the main reasons were because I was interested in closed loop O2 and timing control plus they had a solution for a problem I thought I might run into. Mainly trying to idle an 8 stack EFI unit with poor vacuum signal. This and the factory is 30 minutes from my house. Oh and the multi-coil distributorless ignition. It was about $3K with ALL THE GOODIES. All sensors, harnesses, termination kits, coils and hardware. Cept I had to design and make my own trigger wheel sensor mount.

I was not into traction control or the mutitude of extra cost options from other manufacturers. Some guys like plug and play ala Edlebrock. I've always been an integrator. Knowing my 8 stack EFI and my ECU should play together and making them do so in harmony is so very rewarding. Others could be befuddled by a Holley 4 barrel.

So yes you will meet the full spectrum.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Brian - that's a good price for the Autronic! Their "Autotune" function is fantastic. Here in Australia, the Autronic SM2 is more expensive than the M48 Motec, but your Autronic price is well below the M48 Motec price....

Craig Marsh

Back