Building a 1/24 kit

I was bidding on Denis's car last month but someone bought it off line so I am going to build models till I find another. I also bought 10 books on cars from that era and found P1045 in Spain's book with the license HOJ111. Does any one know where I can find a colored picture when it had that license. Loaned Spain's book out. Does any one know what color it was as that time. Metallic light green? No garages available for a build will have to buy a used on.

Nice to see some modellers around here. Someday I'll get through my 200 plus kits. I'm actually planning to build a Fujimi GT40 using HRM's transkit to build what I hope will be my future GT40. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very good work Doc,
having never time to work on my gt40 i love to see your progress (I am scheduled by alfa romeo historic dept.for the next 3 years in producing scratchbuild airplanes and submarine models..).
Just about the engine:there are several Revell-Monogram kits(also old boxes) providing very good 302 and 351 engines.
U just need to add some wires and cables, but they look very very good(i should have one somewhere,with full drybrush and rust effects on it).
Also from Fujimi kit i personally do not like so much the wheels,and i already have found some nice (and larger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) tyres and wheels for my gt.

just dunno at today if i will finish the car in historical paint....or just keeping ispiration from the nice ones i see here(and honestly Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif paint scheme is terribly nice for me....)
...also i keep apart a nice figure in 1/24 very very similar to Hersh, wearing the same hat and with Photo etched glasses.
Just hope soon to have the time to start work on it.

Paul-Italy

[ QUOTE ]
I am scheduled by alfa romeo historic dept.for the next 3 years in producing scratchbuild airplanes and submarine models..).

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds like a great job, but why does Alfa want a submarine model?

eh eh Ben,
U right and also to me sound strange i had to scratchbuild a small submarine named "Sommergibile Sassaroli" coming from a secret project (of this one only we have few drawings coming directly from their archieve).
It was Alfa developing it during 1944 (almost all the models i build are mainly from second world war..or racers ones, cause i prefer them than modern ones)and at web page address u can see my work on that.

this piece was done probably in the same way of the small german fast subarines of second world war ,but the italian one never see real production.
Build it was a challenge and also i decided to finish it in a small Diorama to keep this alive (including a fat worker near it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif),cause i do not like just finished models, but prefer "tells a story" ones..

From the news i know now, seems alfa Romeo want to prepare a travelling around the world museum, using all my models,this due to the great number of Alfa romeo collectors in canada, Usa and rest of Europe (consider the historical "Museum of Portello" doesnt exist anymore....damn.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)
I probably will finish all the models scheduled for the end of 2006 or early 2007 (i still have about 100 models to make,several of them to scratchbuild)

The last work i finished for them is a boat racer "Idroscivolante" used in 1927 for Pavia Venezia race, povered by Alfa romeo airctaft engine HERE

Paolo

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Got some of the front end sorted out.....

Doc Watson

www.gt40.cc

Attachments

• 62680-chassis08.jpg
    62680-chassis08.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 335

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Doc, your F35b model is a "tour de force" in terms of both modelling & RC innovation - any updates on progress ?

I am building an 8ft scale RC model of a 1915 Herreshof schooner (Mariette) which has been "slightly" delayed by the construction of the GT40 - soon to be resumed. And I thought that figuring out the sail control on this was a challenge !!

Good luck - the F35b is a stunner !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Hey guys I am attepting to build LeMans Miniatures '67 Mirage. A real dog of a kit, the biggest problem is that there are no pictures anywhere I can find of inside roof. Was this the outside color of Gulf Blue or was it as some have told me flat black? By the way do not purchase this model unless you really want one or just have a couple of years to waste. Here are some pictures of my Fisher Models Chaparral 2E
http://www.planetkc.com/rkjweber/chaparral2ept1.jpg
http://www.planetkc.com/rkjweber/chaparral2ept2.jpg
http://www.planetkc.com/rkjweber/chaparral2ept3.jpg

Back