Burning Volts.

"President Obama’s pipe dream of having a million electric vehicles on the road by 2015 did not pan out. Further, no reasonably priced electric vehicle is available today. Tesla, the only all-electric vehicle company, cannot make a profit on its vehicles that only the wealthy can afford, but must get its income from billions of dollars in federal and state subsidies paid for by American taxpayers."

Obama's Electric Vehicle Dream Dies - IER

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
"President Obama’s pipe dream of having a million electric vehicles on the road by 2015 did not pan out. Further, no reasonably priced electric vehicle is available today. Tesla, the only all-electric vehicle company, cannot make a profit on its vehicles that only the wealthy can afford, but must get its income from billions of dollars in federal and state subsidies paid for by American taxpayers."

Obama's Electric Vehicle Dream Dies - IER

While Tesla may be the only 100% all-electric car company, the other players are numerous and many are quite afordable:
Best - Top 10 Electric Cars 2015 | Gayot

Chevy Spark with 400 lb ft of Torque would certainly be a contender at the stop-light Grand Prix! :thumbsup:

I'm no Obama lover or "greenie" by any stretch, but these cars are here to stay methinks and I am just fine with that..

If an Australian Billionaire needs $4.9 Billion in USA subsidies to exist, for a car that only rich people an afford, how viable are they? God only knows how much the government is pouring into Chevrolet.

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies - LA Times

While Tesla may be the only 100% all-electric car company, the other players are numerous and many are quite afordable:

Chevy Spark with 400 lb ft of Torque would certainly be a contender at the stop-light Grand Prix! :thumbsup:

I'm no Obama lover or "greenie" by any stretch, but these cars are here to stay methinks and I am just fine with that..

" But the Spark's dreadful design and weak engine aren't what landed the littlest Chevrolet in the 2013 edition of The Bad 8. Chevrolet's own Sonic did that.

A basic Sonic 5-door is only $1000 USD more than a mid-grade Spark. The Sonic has 55 more horsepower and is widely regarded as one of the best-driving subcompacts on the market. The Sonic hatchback has 5% more passenger volume, 67% more cargo capacity with the seats up, 53% more cargo capacity with the rear seats folded, 7% more shoulder room in the rear seat, and 7% more hip room up front.

What reason is there to buy a Spark? Fuel economy?

Nope. Depending on engine and transmission, the Sonic can actually be more fuel efficient, the EPA says. More likely than not, because you won't be driving it like you stole it just to keep up with traffic - as you would in the Spark - even the least efficient Sonic will end up being about as miserly as the most efficient Spark.

With no redeeming features, it's hard to think of a reason for any buyer to accept the sacrifices a Spark inflicts."

2013's The Bad 8 - Chevrolet Spark - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bite me with the fuel economy and politics BS.....

I have an electric motorcycle that would flat out make you wet yourself if I turned the controller up to 450 amps.. Zero to 60 in under four seconds with a 180# rider on it.

You cannot grade HP of ICE and Electric motors - they are not comparable. But torque on the other hand is another matter. Electric motors will deliver 100% of their torque at zero RPM.
Compressed Air-Power is another... A distant relative to steam power... Exciting stuff if you let it actually take hold of your imagination a moment and step out of that friggen gray cloud you're in right now...
Seriously -- Just like me, you're entitled to your opinion.
My opinion is that you need to start looking at the subject of alternative power sources without shoving that green BS and politics up every nose and down every throat..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Whoa. Well said.

Someone "alternative power" became "Democrat" in Fox News land, and thus hated, when it should have nothing to do with politics, and more about what works and what doesn't.

Bite me with the fuel economy and politics BS.....

I have an electric motorcycle that would flat out make you wet yourself if I turned the controller up to 450 amps.. Zero to 60 in under four seconds with a 180# rider on it.

You cannot grade HP of ICE and Electric motors - they are not comparable. But torque on the other hand is another matter. Electric motors will deliver 100% of their torque at zero RPM.
Compressed Air-Power is another... A distant relative to steam power... Exciting stuff if you let it actually take hold of your imagination a moment and step out of that friggen gray cloud you're in right now...
Seriously -- Just like me, you're entitled to your opinion.
My opinion is that you need to start looking at the subject of alternative power sources without shoving that green BS and politics up every nose and down every throat..

Witnessed a leccy bike the other day.http://www.gt40s.com/forum/paddock/42566-anyone-out-there-still-riding-motorbikes-7.html#post471158

Bob

10 June 2015

Team Mugen rider John McGuinness set a new lap record for electric bikes to claim his 22nd TT win and move within four victories of Joey Dunlop's record.
The Morecambe racer completed the one-lap sprint of the 37-mile (60km) course at an average speed of 119.279 mph.

"This race may not be everyone's cup of tea but the technology is so impressive and the bike is really fun to ride," said McGuinness.
"You used to be able to keep your flask and sandwiches handy on the tank but not any more. You really have to be on it and make sure you get your racing lines right.
"We are not a million miles from breaking the 120mph barrier, which is crazy."

Back