California vs. Texas

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

I Googles "state spending per capita", this is what I found:

View Table in New WindowLocationPer Capita State Spending (2011)
Nevada $3,150
Florida $3,482
Texas $3,796
Illinois $3,827
Missouri $3,858
New Hampshire $4,056
Indiana $4,070
Georgia $4,176
Idaho $4,212
Alabama $4,398
Arizona $4,399
Utah $4,591
South Dakota $4,676
Tennessee $4,743
South Carolina $4,797
Michigan $4,915
Washington $5,000
Kansas $5,147
Ohio $5,227
Virginia $5,291
New Jersey $5,362
North Carolina $5,362
Nebraska $5,370

United States $5,385

Pennsylvania $5,442
Oklahoma $5,688
California $5,791
Kentucky $5,861
Maryland $5,863
Minnesota $5,920
Iowa $5,925
Colorado $6,148
Maine $6,229
Montana $6,230
New York $6,851
Louisiana $6,882
Arkansas $7,025
Connecticut $7,259
Rhode Island $7,450
North Dakota $7,461
Mississippi $7,490
New Mexico $7,494
Wisconsin $7,534
Vermont $7,767
Massachusetts $8,141
Hawaii $8,249
Oregon $8,729
Delaware $9,368
Wyoming $10,874
West Virginia $11,440
Alaska $19,603

Last edited:
California $5,7912. spending per capita with unemployment @ 8.7%
Texas $3,7965. spending per capita with unemployment @ 6.2%

This makes the figures look a bit more interesting. Is California`s overspend purely from benefit and social program overspend rather than loose purse strings from government??

Bob

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
California $5,7912. spending per capita with unemployment @ 8.7%
Texas $3,7965. spending per capita with unemployment @ 6.2%

This makes the figures look a bit more interesting. Is California`s overspend purely from benefit and social program overspend rather than loose purse strings from government??

Bob

Bob, California is 25th out of 50, are you saying that the median is over spending?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Increase in National Debt by President

Kennedy +8%
Johnson +13%

Ford +47%****

Carter +43%

Reagan +186%****

BushI +54%****

Clinton +32%

BushII +101%****

Obama +44%

Since Kennedy the debt increase by Party:

Democrats have raised the debt approx.......................140%
Republicans have raised the debt approx......................422%

The best Republican Ford, in only 3 years still raised the debt a higher per cent than the worst Democrat Obama in 5 years.

Yet these same Republicans are outraged that President Obama after inheriting a crashed economy and huge unemployment raised the debt a measly 44%.

The Consevative Entertainment Complex has convinced the gulible right that 422% debt increase from the Republicans is not really a problem, even good for the economy............

....but a 140% increase from Democrats will destroy America............

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo

(1) He did make a good point, at a time when the highest tax rate was close to 90%, perhaps a cut was warranted. But cutting them to where we cant pay our bills (See below).

(2) Kennedy never cut taxes.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
OK Larry,

What about this?

Since Kennedy the debt increase by Party:

Democrats have raised the debt approx.......................140%
Republicans have raised the debt approx......................422%

The best Republican Ford, in only 3 years still raised the debt a higher per cent than the worst Democrat Obama in 5 years.

Yet these same Republicans are outraged that President Obama after inheriting a crashed economy and huge unemployment raised the debt a measly 44%.

The Consevative Entertainment Complex has convinced the gulible right that 422% debt increase from the Republicans is not really a problem, even good for the economy............

....but a 140% increase from Democrats will destroy America............

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
No, how about answering the question.

DID KENNEDY'S VIEW(S) MAKE SENSE TO YOU OR NOT?

Do you think he knew what he was talking about or not?

(Edit) BTW, Lyndon Johnson signed the Kennedy tax cut proposal into law after JFK's death. The top marginal income tax rate was brought down to 70 percent.

Aaaaah, nuts. I edited on the wrong post. Who cares. Figure it out. Or not.

Now, I'm done for the night.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, what part of post #29 don't you understand?

Was I not clear enough for you?

I said, at that at that time with the highest tax rate close to 90% a tax cut was probably warranted. But cutting taxes until we cant pay our bills and running up huge debt is a mistake.

Larry is running up huge debt a mistake?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Pete, you seem to be implying that Governer Brown is only in it for the money.................

You could not be more wrong!

California Governor Jerry Brown shrugged off the pay cut that's soon to lighten his wallet.

"I'd run for governor whether it was a paid job or not," the 74-year old, two-time governor told the San Jose Mercury News. "I derive a lot of psychic income."

Hopefully the 120 members of the state's legislature (as well as a small handful of other top elected officials) share his characteristically zen outlook. This week, the California Citizens Compensation Commission agreed to reduce the pay of the state's top officeholders by five percent, this most recent new cut comes in the wake of the privious 2009's 18-percent salary reduction.

Gee Jim, no I wasn't, if you had asked me who the Governor of California was I wouldn't have known without a Google search, it was just my feeble attempt to humorously get the thread back on subject.
What did you think of what JFK said?

Keith

To be honest, I glanced over this thread and just before my eyes glazed over I have to say I really enjoyed the classic soft shoe sideways shuffle there. It was masterful....

To be honest, I glanced over this thread and just before my eyes glazed over I have to say I really enjoyed the classic soft shoe sideways shuffle there. It was masterful....

Colonel I nearly fell off my chair laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: . Anyway my question was never answered so I will try again. Is California`s increase in spending per capita due to the higher rate of unemployment ??????????????? Is there a graph that could display this?

Bob

California should devolve from the USA. Lets face it. California is odd, full of oddball people who still think it's cool to loop your jumper around your neck in combination with white shoes and slacks.

Very connected............! I find it super ironic that most of the 'reality' shows are paid for by Californians. They wouldn't know reality if it hit them in the nuts.

Last edited:
Back