California vs. Texas

Howard Jones

Supporter
In which direction are people moving? From Calif. to Texas Or Texas to California. I think this just might tell us something.

I Know, lets see a chart on that!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well Howie,

People are moving in both directions, and both states are growing.

Succesful Texans are moving to California and the Folks in California who just can't make a go of it, are moving east.

This is the percentage change in estimated population for the 27 month period from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012, the most recent estimates available from the United States Census Bureau.[1]

Texas gained +3.62%
California gained +2.11%

It sounds like there are more folks who cant make it in Paradise than there are succesful Texans:)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You know Sparky, if taxes are your concern, you really should not be living in The Bay Area....

Like alot of good things in life, if you have to ask, you cant afford it.

But I bet the bundle you make selling that house of yours will go along way in Lubbock:)

Last edited:
A political "discussion" turning into a territorial dispute, Wow!
You shouldn't piss in someone else's corn flakes.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You guys don't know anything. Texas has the Iditarod race and California has the Alamo. I have to remind you all of everything. Jesus. Clueless prats.

And California has graphs. They're all in Jim's house. Every now and again he shares them with us.

Well, let's see. A Fashion model more interested herself, a VERY high mortgage, horses,
taxes, high food prices, gas prices. You get the drift. Was living in a beautiful part of NOCAL, Point Arena. Much happier now! Did I mention horses...

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Well you DID threaten to go by his house and show him how your gun works... Does that count?
I did say I would be in Houston this month didn't I? Maybe an Iron Maiden is on order?

Just kidding. 1. ammo is still expensive. 2. definitely a waste of time. 3. I hate Houston.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Can't get ammo shipped from out of state to my county in Calif.

I don't even know what legal here anymore, so I don't go to the range anymore either.

Electrical power in Calif is twice the cost of TX.

Water too

Gas is shitty 91 octane 10% alcohol, and I bet it gets worse.

income tax is 10% I think, and headed higher, TX = 0

Sales tax is double

Roads are bad and getting worse by the day

We're out of water pretty much

Can't hunt anymore, too many people unless you ride a horse in a day or so.

Boarding horses cost as much as a house payment in TX

Car in insurance is stupid high

Car registration is 10 times or more as TX. Might be 20 or 30 times if you have nice stuff

Home owners insurance is nearly double, F#@&%g lawyers

Schools are the worst in the country, with the exception of Arkansas and Hawaii.

democrat veto proof legislature

Jerry Brown

They didn't even run a Republican for congress in my district last time.

Housing costs are beyond reality and going higher.

Unemployment is a third higher going towards double

Can't hang killers anymore

Can't afford cops anymore

The weather is cooler 5 months a year

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Howie, you have convinced me, that Texas is way cool!

Hope you enjoy it there.

Just one thing, among many other irrational statements you said this:

"Schools are the worst in the country, with the exception of Arkansas and Hawaii".

You may not be aware of this but two of the top four US Universities are not only in California, but they are both only few miles from you.

Now as for High school, this is from US News/World Report

How States Compare in the 2013 Best High Schools Rankings

California performed the best in the latest rankings of public high schools.

April 22, 2013 RSS Feed Print

A state-by-state breakdown of the 2013 Best High Schools rankings shows that California is this year's leading performer, with 27.8 percent of its eligible schools earning gold and silver medals.

Maryland came in second with 25.7 percent, and Connecticut was third with 18.9 percent.
The gold and silver awards reflect which schools are most successfully preparing students for college, based on students participating in and achieving passing scores on Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests. For a school to be eligible for a gold or silver medal, its students must also do well on the appropriate statewide tests, as explained in the 2013 Best High Schools rankings methodology.
When it comes to the total number of gold medal schools, California had the most – 94 – followed by New York with 65. Only 38 states had at least one school that earned a gold medal, and six of those had only one such school within their borders.
Bronze medals did not count in this state-by-state analysis.
This year's rankings covered 49 states and the District of Columbia. Nebraska did not provide enough assessment data for its schools to be eligible for a medal.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
And you think this one is any better? Not that I care this is about CA vs TX, We have the Cowboys (with less drug addicts) and Texans that just fired their coach. You have the Raiders who live up to their name and get more penalties than the entire league. And where have the 49ers gone? Chargers used to actually be a threat(roid threat).
Most important we have COTA and you have Laguna Seca I mean Visteon Raceway, I mean Mazda Raceway, I don't know what they call it now.

It's interesting, you say you don't care about CA vs TX..........

But you still go on anyway. In an effort to show just how wonderfull Texas is you go on to bad mouth CA Fooball, because after all you have the Cowboys........and racing, really?

Just to set the record straight.

Super Bowl Records:

Texas.......................8 total appearances, last appearance 1996
Wins........................5

California.................13 total appearances, last appearance 2013
Wins........................8

Current 2013 NFL records

Cowboys. 7 wins. 6 loss
49rs. 10 wins. 4 loss

And yes you do have a wonderful new F1 track.............

F1 races in Texas. 3
F1 races in California. 10

World Champians:

Texas. 0
California. 1

F1 Grand Prix Wins:

Texans 0
Californians 10

Hell even the great Texan Mr Shelby built his Cobras in California..........

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I like to keep Jim going. He's a good guy....... really! But he does need a fencing partner now and then.

So.......Jim I said schools. Not the best two collages or high schools either. Just the entire public schools systems. 47th baby...........or in BOB math 56th.

Now PARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back