California vs. Texas

marc

Lifetime Supporter
california has oil, washes up on the coast of Santa Barbra. The indians used it to waterproof their canoes. They used to drill out off the coast but, you tree hugging bastads couldn't see the sunsets so they made them leave.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Marc,

If you really care about oil production and this isn't just another cheap shot taken at "tree hugging bastards" then this should really make you upset. Alaska who has one the largest oil resurves in all the US in the Prudhoe Bay oil fields. The production there has dropped dramatically and is still dropping. Why?

Marc, Its not because of tree hugging liberal "Bastards", nooooooo!

Its Republican law makers have TAXED the oil companies until they no longer want to to business in Alaska. Infact Alaska oil production has fallen to the point that "tree hugging" California has passed them in total oil production!

throughput.
NorthSlopeProductionGraph012313.jpg

From Fox News

"There's definitely a hit to the state pride," said Alaska Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Joe Balash. "There's a certain amount of embarrassment that a place as over-regulated and over-taxed as California is eclipsing Alaska."

So why aren't the oil giants Conoco Phillips, BP and others going after it? Here's where the great Alaska debate begins.

"The state of Alaska put together a very unfavorable tax structure," said Sarah Erkmann, a spokeswoman for the Alaska Oil and Gas Association. "For many years, Alaska was not an attractive place to do business."

So Marc what do you think about the drop in Alakan oil production and the huge Republican Corporation TAX increase that caused it?

Last edited:
To return to the subject:

A Californian gets bitten by a coyote, goes home and starts fundraising for a "Jogger-Safe State" & "Let the Chips Fall Where They May!" candidate. The candidate is elected and introduces bills providing bllions for new, safer trails, wild animal preserves, children's educational programs, and finally, free medical care and lifetime pensions for anyone who was, or thinks they might have been, physically or emotionally harmed by a wild (expanded by amendment to include un-wild but angry) animal while jogging (later expanded by ADA lawsuit to include fast walking).

The citizens of Orange County, who protest the bill for being (allegedly) unsustainable, are characterized by the media as extremist Tea Party climate denyers and are shouted down by crowds chanting, "Hey, hey, let the chips fall where they may!"

The bill passes amid much rejoicing and self-congratulation, and Orange County is subsequently renamed Fenackertibben County in honor of Eustace Fenackertibben, the first Californian to die from a coyote bite-- allegedly while jogging across the border.

Five years later an ex-Orange County (now Texas) resident visiting LA during a riot between the Homeless People's Police and the Coyote Benevolent Society over pay cuts, is asked what he thinks. He replies: "I think chips are falling."

When we vote ourselves largess from the public treasury, we can't blame the politicians for the butcher's bill.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
John,

Thats absurd satire..............

Unfortunatly this is true

University of Texas Conservative students hold anti-Affirmative Action bake sale, which went terribly wrong

October 1, 2013
By Anomaly
Worst idea ever. A group of Conservative students at the University of Texas at Austin held a bake sale on campus last week, charging different prices for brownies based on the customer’s race to make a point. Or something. The group explains they were trying to point to affirmative action as a terrible policy.
The group’s efforts have been deemed as ‘tragically stupid’ and ‘deplorable’ among other things.
TxBacksale-350x233.jpg
Image: Huffpo

The affirmative action bake sale, held Sept. 25, was sponsored by the UT chapter of the Young Conservatives of Texas. Lorenzo Garcia, the group’s president, said he wanted to demonstrate that affirmative action is “demeaning to minorities” and creates “reverse discrimination.”
White people were charged the most for bake sale brownies, and Native Americans were charged the least.

Gregory J. Vincent, the university vice president for diversity and community engagement, called the bake sale “inflammatory and demeaning,” as well as “deplorable.”

Tragically stupid: Texas campus Conservatives to hold a mock immigration sting

November 18, 2013
By Anomaly
The ‘tragically stupid’ group of Conservatives who hosted a racist bake sale in October have hatched another plot. At the University of Texas at Austin this fall, they will be hosting a mock immigration sting. What this amounts to is a game pretending to hunt down undocumented workers.
This is about the most offensive thing I can think of. Well, since their bake sale.
Univ-texas.jpg

The Texas Tribune reports, “On Wednesday, the campus chapter of Young Conservatives of Texas will offer students $25 gift cards if they can “catch” an undocumented immigrant.”

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Texas GOP gubernatorial candidate wants gays to be put to death

December 12, 2013

Republicans are becoming so extreme. Case in point: Texas gubernatorial candidate Larry SECEDE Kilgore, who had his middle name changed to promote secession, says he believes that, in accordance with the Bible, gay people should be put to death. He explains that their deaths should be handled according to the Bible, because GOP Jesus said so.
But he’s putting that aside for now.
Kilgore-232x350.jpg

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
Away working on cars. "Bastads" was deliberately misspelled as a poke at CA. I had lived in SoCal where the latest mayor, a Democrat, was fired for sexual misconduct. I have a bone to pick with tree huggers. As one of those that lost almost everything a wildfire, including my beloved ZR1 in 2007, Though the cause was determined to be human failures, the wildfires were accentuated by dead trees killed by bark beetles that ravaged the state. The county should have cut down most of those trees and planted new. But NO. Local tree huggers demanded that nature will take care of itself.

As for oil production in Alaska, which by the way is a Democratic State, the people that live there get incredible govt subsidies from the oil production. And If you were a oil business man you would use other oil reserves first that are easier and cheaper to get. Why do you think we have been using OPEC oil? The price was too good to pass up. Same with South American oil. Texas produces the most light sweet crude which by the way is the cheapest to make gasoline due to the nature of the oil. Heavier Tar Oils require more work to crack and make the fuels we use. If I was running Exxon or who ever, I would want to hold off using the natural resources which I can then charge more for in the future. We still have hundreds of years of oil in the ground on US soil and are learning new ways to get it. Don't think oil companies are stupid. I was part of Mobil's new campus in Spring TX and the Labs and Data Center there rival any of the NSA's new Utah campus and all the countries cancer labs put together. The campus is the size of Disneyland.

California vs Texas
CA has better taxes on property.
CA has better climate.
CA has mountains.
CA has better sushi.
CA has no morals.

TX has better people, always nice (except Doug(just kidding))
TX has more land.
TX has better beef.
TX has more lakes.
TX has better looking gals (until they go to Hollywood and coke themselves to death)
TX doesn't believe marijuana should be legal.
TX has better schools that cost less.
TX has religion that helps children learn morals.
TX has better Mexican food.

and
TX has me, what more do you want?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I definately need better Mexican Food!

Say Marc,

You said: "Alaska, which by the way is a Democratic State"

You may want to check your facts................

* Voting Age Population includes all persons over the age of 18 - including some not eligible to vote in U.S. elections.
national.winner.gif

bar.ak.2000.gif
spacer.gif
bar.ak.1996.gif

grey.gif

bar.ak.1992.gif
spacer.gif
bar.ak.1988.gif

grey.gif

bar.ak.1984.gif
spacer.gif
bar.ak.1980.gif

dk.grey.gif

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Marc,

Do you really think that Alaska voted for Kerry & Obama?

Replacing a dud Governer with one from the other party...................this is a suprise?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
And you think this one is any better? Not that I care this is about CA vs TX, We have the Cowboys (with less drug addicts) and Texans that just fired their coach. You have the Raiders who live up to their name and get more penalties than the entire league. And where have the 49ers gone? Chargers used to actually be a threat(roid threat).
Most important we have COTA and you have Laguna Seca I mean Visteon Raceway, I mean Mazda Raceway, I don't know what they call it now.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Yall are so full of yourselves its funny. Jim you quote charts and graphs as if they are the gospel. And Doug I still wonder where you think I was a bully somewhere else.

Just because I don't check all the facts, big deal. Coyote is dead. How many tests have yall taken where you answered 100% correct?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Just because I don't check all the facts, big deal. Coyote is dead. How many tests have yall taken where you answered 100% correct?

Marc,

Yes, we can tell that you do not check the facts before you post, I appreciate your honesty.

You can do that, its the Fox News method, they present things the way they would like the facts to be or the way they want people to believe that they are................hoping that no one notices.

Fox gets away with it because virtually all their audience would like the facts to be as Fox presents them, really does not want to hear a fair and balanced report and there is no method to call them out.

But here on our site, there is a method to call out less than factual posts....

You might keep that in mind, because as you said:

"Just because I don't check all the facts, big deal".

Now getting "facts" correct may not be a "big deal" to you and Fox, but in the real world and here on our site it matters a great deal.

Last edited:
Back