Cav#131

My youngest son with the GT40 on Saturday. The car is now starting to look like the real thing.

Attachments

• DSC_0910A.jpg
    DSC_0910A.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,274
Hi Jim
We as Auto Futura supplied the kit to Johan. The body was pre-shaped and sprayed. The centre section was attached, and the doors, front and rear clip was opperational. All the other bits are then supplied in boxes, with everything down to the last washer and nut. There is no need for welders, angle grinders or similar. It is a pure assembly project.
We supply the same components my assemblers use to put together a car every two weeks in the factory.
Johan also ordered the engine and gearbox through us, and we have been asked to please install such, which is happening within the week. Once up and running, we do a factory inspection and suspension set-up.
Please shout if I can help with any other questions.
Regards
Jean Fourie

:pepper:After working mainly on weekends, my car is finally on the road. Firstly: It has been a fantastic experience building this car. The backup & support from Jean and John at Auto Futura has been incredible. Sorry that I did not put it on the builders forum, but I enjoyed it so much and forgot to take photos. Herewith some pics taken on Saturday. Will keep on posting more in the weeks to come. Thanks again Jean!!!!:)

Attachments

• gt404.jpg
    gt404.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,282
  • gt401.jpg
    gt401.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4,698
  • gt405.jpg
    gt405.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,413
  • gt406.jpg
    gt406.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 13,771
...some more!

Attachments

• gt407.jpg
    gt407.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • gt408.jpg
    gt408.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,138
  • gt409.jpg
    gt409.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,211
  • gt4010.jpg
    gt4010.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,273
I Love the CAV cars. Some of my favorite cars on the forum are CAVS (I am talking to you Bob Childress), Then again, I have lots of favorite cars on this forum (Sorry Bob!). Anyway, your car looks awesome. I really like the Ford door sills. Definitely a good idea to add to the list.

Regards

Jack

I didn't see any screw heads on the headlamp covers - what did you use to hold them on?

And did you actually put Armor-All on the treaded surface of your tires? :squint:

Nice looking car!

Johan R,

Abosutley stunning.

I decided a year or so ago that I will paint my DRB in very similar colours after seeing a documentry on the new AC Cobra. As it was rolled out for public viewing for the first time there was a GT in the background with this scheme.

I have been looking to see if some one had already done it to see if my minds picture was as good as the real thing.

You have confirmed this!!:lol:

JM

Last edited:
I didn't see any screw heads on the headlamp covers - what did you use to hold them on?

And did you actually put Armor-All on the treaded surface of your tires? :squint:

Nice looking car!

Same screwless look goes for side windows too. I would be very interested to know more about this.

Cheers again

jack

Well done Johan!!!!
The car looks SO beautiful, and having driven it, I know she will give you much joy....
Looking forward to the next breakfast run.

Best regards

Jean

Attached some detail around the screwless windows and lenses. Headlamps can be set from the rear. Just looks smoother than with all the screws.

Attachments

• gt4011.jpg
    gt4011.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Detail1.jpg
    Detail1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,448
Hi Johan

Great information regarding the windows. Not only good info, but an excuse for another picture no less! Ross is right it looks awesome. Another question if I may - your side windows also look very cool. Are they standard CAV issue or have you snaffled them from somewhere else?

Kind Regards

Jack

Hi Jack
Another photo just for you. The windows were made for me by
the factory that makes the windows for CAV. I selected a 6mm tinted Acrylic that gets used to make aircraft windows. I then made it fit and took it back to the factory to get the edge routered to 3mm thickness. The thicker opening window also looks better than the standard 3mm.

Attachments

• gt4012.jpg
    gt4012.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,308
Just some of the pictures taken yesterday. As it was a public holiday we took the time to drive through some of the most scenic areas in Cape Town. What a beautiful place to stay. Paul just installed his new Weber carbs. Mine is on order.

Attachments

• DSC_0966A.jpg
    DSC_0966A.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC_0983A.jpg
    DSC_0983A.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 868
  • DSC_0988A.jpg
    DSC_0988A.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 886
  • DSC_0999A.jpg
    DSC_0999A.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 781
Johan I never get tired of looking at your car. Sooooo Sweet. Feel free to post pictures. Many, many pictures. Regularly. Video would be nice too!

Cheers

Jack

Hi Johan

One thing I really like the look of are the mirrors. Do you know where they come from? donor car may be, CAV exclusive? Thanks Johan.

Back