Cav#131

very nice car Johan, I love the color and style all complete...only the RHD version is a shame :thumbsup:

would love to see a car looking like yours in that color and LHD and a 500+ hp engine, in my garage within a year or 2 I hope, but not "new" I'm not to rich sadly...but it has to be a buildnumber above the 100 with the updates done please :idea3:

would also love to see some interior shots

en ow...wonderful how you did your windows and lenses headlights etc...impressive, looks so good, best I've ever seen on a GT40

Last edited:

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I have to agree with the consensus, it's a beautiful car. I ask a more mundane question than some...I also noticed the original date of the thread start. It was my understanding that CAV built vehicles much like the SPF ones...complete minus engine and transaxle..turnkey minus. Are they supplied in component pieces like yours or was that a special order/ SA only option??

Here you go GTrene , Johann was kind enough to share his paint codes . This is a BDR GT built by CAV & it's car # 153 . Oh Yeah , LHD and HP by Jack Roush ! It's not for sale but Johann / CAV USA can get you one when your ready :idea:

Thx RMH, that is indeed a lovely color/car yesterday I went through almost 400? pictures of the build of your BDRGT its very nice and fine to see all those pictures and details.
Also read the 153 thread, it has also aircon and a 451hp Roush and yours is a WB where the 131 is a SB though I love the way 131 did his windows and lenses it almost looks like real glass.

Bdr gt # 153

thx GTrene . I'm working on doing my side windows also as a winter project. Johann did a great job with that & it does look good . The Roush is an awesome engine ! You can only imagine the sound when you hit that start button ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the compliments on the car. I am still enjoying her very much. Herewith some more pictures. I promise I will keep on posting more.

Attachments

• ANEVB8822.jpg
    ANEVB8822.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 579
  • ANEVB8951.jpg
    ANEVB8951.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 619
  • ANEVB9094.jpg
    ANEVB9094.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 700
It almost looks black metallic with that light...

How was the ride on the circuit compared to say "modern" road sport-cars, how is the handling...

She goes like a train on tracks. On the track she really comes to life, and she loves the corners. Great car to drive.

good to hear Johan, thats the answer I was hoping for, cause when I would own one (hope within a view years) I would do a few track-days too, not make it a trackday car only, but a lovely car which also does great/good on occasional trackdays and say the Nurburgring (not to many but a few times per year)

I changed the colour of the rims because they got stained by a solvent. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG00171-20100129-1331.jpg
    IMG00171-20100129-1331.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 748
the picture is not that sharp but I think it looks good, though I think a sort of anthrazite colored hart would be a bit better...

Today we had a track day at Kilarney where we took some kids around the track. What a stunning day with more than 40 cars and 4 GT40s.

Attachments

• DSC_5006A.jpg
    DSC_5006A.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 480
It is close to three years that I have the pleasure to drive my GT40. Yesterday I took the car for a roundtrip on some of the most scenic routes in Cape Town, WOW what a drive, just make me realize why I built the car in the first place. Nice tight corners on a smooth road!!!! Fantastic, Here are some pictures I took along the route.

Attachments

• DSC00580a.jpg
    DSC00580a.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC00584a.jpg
    DSC00584a.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC00591a.jpg
    DSC00591a.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 482
Back