they cut off the body
first photo
rearbody in place
notice the gap

Attachments

• 73714-Resized_IMG_1902.jpg
    73714-Resized_IMG_1902.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 395
Hi Frank,i presume you are adding fibreglass to the rear clip to centre the rear wheel.Looking at your rear clip it looks the same as others.Are you sure its not the centre clip and front that are wrong.Only a thought could be wrong,
all the best,Kevin.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Frank - there is something seriously wrong with the body line up.
I would stop and try and work out where things are going wrong before , possibly, you ruin a rear clip and add to the expense.Even if it means taking the body off completely and starting over again, it has to be cheaper than what you are planning.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Frank

Looking at the sill to rear clip line (near the rear wheel) this does not loook correct s they do not line up either.

Could it be that the hinge mounting points for the rear clip are too far back and need adjusting forward?

What other reference points are there?
Perhaps if you post measurements of "front of clip to rear of window opening" this could be confirmed / rejected by an owner of a similar brand

Perhaps also measurement of rear of spider to axle center - it could be that your engine and box / drive units are too far rearwards.

Just my /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Ian

Morning
i've measured the lenght of the side sill's from gerard's gtd
and measured it back on my car
the preowner did cut off the edge of the back(corner)
the lengthening of the back is at the left 2,5cm and right 1,3cm
they did cut it of in an angle
if i want to move the spider and fronthood backwards i need to chance the front see picture

the measurement of the backwindow to trhe spider is now about 10,5 cm
the first picture of the gap is not right after the last measurements from the gtd the gap is smaller

Attachments

• 73799-Resized_IMG_2021.jpg
    73799-Resized_IMG_2021.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 352
That's the beautiful thing about working on these cars...even if you really screw something up, you can usually make it right again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks good, Frank.

Back