COMMENTS ON SHO V6 (YAMAHA) ENGINE IN A GT40

I HAVE 92 SHO WHICH A TREE FELL ACROSS DURING A STORM. THE
CAR IS 5 SPEED.THE YAMAHA POWERPLANT IS AWSOME AND I CAN
JUST THINK HOW IT WOULD PUSH A FIBERGLASS GT40 DOWN THE HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS OF EAST TEXAS.ANY COMMENTS FROM ANYONE

I've always had a fondness for the old sho v6. Never really liked when they went with the v8. The 6 was a stronger performer across the board. Now, isn't the old V6 mounted crossways under the hood of the car. If so, throw out the 5 speed that came with it. Call Kennedy Eng. and see if they could make an adapter plate to bolt up an Audi transaxle. I'm sure that the Audi would more than hold up behind a high revving v6. With the lower amount of torque, the transaxle would most likely hold up forever. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some hop up parts, or chips for the motor to add a little kick also. I'm going to be importing some Audi 016 type 3U transaxles from the U.K. in a few months. I'm taking requests for those interested. It's got a .68 fifth gear and a 3.89 ring and pinion.

Good luck,

Jim Downard

JIM,THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT,I LOVE THAT LITTLE ENGINE,AND
SENCE I HAVE A COMPLETE CAR,THOUGHT I WOULD US IT.I WILL
KEEP YOUR SUGESTION ON THE TRANSAXLE ON HAND. I MAY HAVE TO BUILD A ADAPTER PLATE, BUT I WILL CONTACT KENNEDY
BOB(SHO40)

Back