Common Sense from a Polititian What Ever Next!!

SRF#42, Be careful mentioning "The Messiah's Name (Idiot George)" here. The local "Nazis" will get VERY PISSED when his name is brought up in vane :) You are either "with him" or "against him", reservation has already been made for you at Guantanamo :):)

I'm with Mick on this one.

I once did a study on Crusader Castles to compare the application of the technology of the day for both attack and defence.

Aside from the conclusions directly associated with the topic, I drew two other conclusions;

1. It is most certainly true to say that Mechanical Engineers build weapon, while Civil Engineers built targets.

2. All belief is based on a lie, and Religion is a club. (I think I got these from a U2 video, but can't remember now). The places you find these things is stunning.

Later, when I became involved with a Psychologist, I put these things together when she made a comment along the lines of; Fundamentally, humans require a fixation upon a concept in order to achieve anything.

In days and places when survival was a daily struggle, it's easy to see how religion took hold as a means for people to get through their lives and prosper. Now that in the west, daily life isn't a grind, the mysteries of how and why are progressively being resolved and we can shape our own destiny, the clash between those who don't need religion and those who do is inevitable.

In the same way those who believe have taken it up for themselves or been indoctrinated by their elders, they can and eventually will be released from the yoke, but it might take several generations. In the meantime, there could be a rough ride.

Now I'm off to worship a P4, a 40, a T-70 and some photos of a Breadvan.:)

I hope Hillary or Obama wins the presidential election. That I can be more like you two! That is sit around and bitch and offer absolutely no answers! Thank God you guys are in the minority! Go ahead say something witty or trite. That's about all you have. What a great role models you two are. You don't have to respect the person but you should respect the office of President. If you study your history you would know that the Nazi's where all about government contol. That sounds a lot like a democrat to me!

I would love to walk away from this thread but I just can't.

What does the Oklahoma and Atlanta bombings have to do with anything? Were they done in the name of religion? NO. Did all of our political leaders condemn the bombers? YES. Do the muslim leaders condemn the terrorist when they kill innocent women and children? NO. Does the religion (Chritianity) that 85% of Americans follow condone suicide bombing? NO. Is there a Muslim country that has " liberty and Justice for all"? NO. I believe that everyone should have a chance at this freedom. Our soldiers fight everyday to help this dream come true for those that have never known freedom. I am sorry if I don't share your enlightened sense of global multiculturalism. If you want to come to America, act like an American. If you want to know what that means, march on down to the local VFW and ask a Veteran, I'm sure they will clear things up for you.

By the way, my grandparents are from Germany and they fought the Nazi's. Alot of my family died there. If you want to use terms like that then you better damn well know what they mean.:mad:

Very well said Mr. Beer!! Dean thank you for not walking away and posting your last comment. You can love or hate our politicians but you've got to love our country!

My “sincere” apology,,,

Repeat after me PLEASE,,,,,,,

IN GEORGE WE TRUST.

Democrats = Communists and traitors

Never criticize the office/orifice of the President.

Zealots (Christian ones only) are NOT idiots,,, they are just patriots on a mission from GOD. The “rest of the Zealots” must be condemned to hell. (Please repeat this one THREE times)

If you are an American (I am one, if it is OK with you?!) you MUST NOT criticize the “Orifice/Office” of the president. The wrath and furry of righteous men will seek vengeance upon you’re a$$:):)

Perhaps a ride on our Plastic 40s will calm us all down 

Just for the record,,, I like John McCain. He “no Chicken Hawk”, is he?!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone think a thread like this and the points of view expressed in the debate that is occurring would be allowed in A Muslim country that is under Sharia law? I think not.

Faili F I enjoy most of your posts and certainly your sense of humour. And the great news is in my country and in yours we can criticise our leaders without being thrown in gaol unlike most Muslim Countries.

We do not have to respect the incumbent, but when we stop respecting the office of the President and or the Prime Minister the next step is anarchy.

Do I have a solution? No, but I do lean towards Mick's point of view. Most atrocities man has perpetrated on his fellow man have been done in his Gods name, whichever God that is.

I wonder if any can say what an American, Australian or a Pommy (sorry Englishman) or any other person is.
Two hundred years ago where we spanish, english, french or Indian or even roman. Seems to me we forget how we became "Australians" or "Americans". Dean I believe like you do that if you choose to live somewhere perminently then expect to behave the same way or stay where you are, however sometimes there is not always a choice for some people. My family where migrants, I have english greek and jewish blood in my veins a bit like a mongrel dog (generally the most loyal and dedicated freind you can have), but Im Australian and that where my heart is. If you where to put yourself in someone elses shoes and you had to leave your country where would your heart be (think honestly) even given that you where to become a citezen of your adopted country. After 1 or 2 generations the children "PROVIDING THERE NOT INDOCTRINATED OR BRAIN WASHED" will be natives.
I believe the most dangerous thing facing us is fundimentalism whether its political or religious.
I'm like Pete I have no answers, I wish I new what to do.
Maybe this sort of banter helps to enlighten us or perhaps when you can you get your arse downunder so I can shout you a coldie and talk about important stuff like our cars.

Ok Im going to shut up now..

Mick

Dean

I do respect the office of the president. Even more I respect the Constitution of the United States. Since I am not religious, it is the closest thing I have to a religious document. It says we are all equal before the law. That we have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from state sponsored religion, and that a persons religion is safe from meddling by the government.

The President swears to uphold the constitution. This current punk that occupies that sacred office and his crew of lackeys have done every thing they can think of to destroy the rights and freedoms they swore under oath to uphold.

The Presidential Oath
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

That is why I do more than disrespect them, I revile them. I would support impeachment, and if that doesn't happen, I would support criminal prosecution after they leave office.

There are plenty of "christian" countries in the world, but there is only one America. We are not who we are because we are christian, we are who we are because we have the Constitution and the body of laws that flow from it. The day we become a christian or any other kind of theocracy, America is no more.

Dean, I think you have confused my emnity of the current administration and it's policies for a hatred of America. It is the exact opposite. I love America, and I love the ideal our country is based on. Thats the reason I react when I see people trying to subvert it.

Pete, Thanks for your comments on my twisted sense of humor.

Here is the Irony of it all,,,,, My sense of humor would have gotten me beheaded in the country were I was born :) Criticizing the office of the leader or "religion" would have been unthinkable.

I LOVE USA because you CAN and you MUST criticize the President, Congress, Senate, Police, Army,,,,,etc. This is what is special about this country. When an individual on this Forum or anywhere in this country tells me DO NOT insult the President (or his orifice), I would want to tell him stop acting like a "FRIKING MUSLIM", this is the land of the FREE:):)

When Bill Clinton was in office, I use to tell my Democrat buddies, "your president is a pedophile and a male prostitute, but a good politician". It pissed them off, but they would not rant and tell me "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU COME FROM".

IMHO. A true patriot is in love with the country,,,NOT Repooplican Party, Democrapic party, Christianity, Islam, Judaism.

Zelots, never see themselves as Zelots!!! I would love to sit with someone who is against abortion and joke with him about all the ugly fat people, with bad acne that could have been "helped" by abortion, but we both know he would self explode and take me with him :):)

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Dean

I do respect the office of the president. Even more I respect the Constitution of the United States. Since I am not religious, it is the closest thing I have to a religious document. It says we are all equal before the law. That we have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from state sponsored religion, and that a persons religion is safe from meddling by the government.

The President swears to uphold the constitution. This current punk that occupies that sacred office and his crew of lackeys have done every thing they can think of to destroy the rights and freedoms they swore under oath to uphold.

The Presidential Oath
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

That is why I do more than disrespect them, I revile them. I would support impeachment, and if that doesn't happen, I would support criminal prosecution after they leave office.

There are plenty of "christian" countries in the world, but there is only one America. We are not who we are because we are christian, we are who we are because we have the Constitution and the body of laws that flow from it. The day we become a christian or any other kind of theocracy, America is no more.

Dean, I think you have confused my emnity of the current administration and it's policies for a hatred of America. It is the exact opposite. I love America, and I love the ideal our country is based on. Thats the reason I react when I see people trying to subvert it.

srf#42

Just curious as to your opinion on the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

He was impeached because he committed the crime of perjury concerning getting oral sex.

He committed a crime, was impeached, was found not guilty, or whatever the equivalent is in an impeachment proceeding.

The law worked as it should have.

Should he have been impeached? IMO, yes, he broke the law. Were the events leading up to his impeachment a politically motivated witchhunt? IMO, yes, but he still broke the law.

He was a jerk for not just admitting he had sex. That would have been the end of it. I'm afraid he, Hilary and many other politicians have a way to big weasel gene. I do not find weasels attractive.

Did his offense(s) hurt this country anywhere near as much as the current administrations assault on the Constitution. IMO, no, not even close.

Boy this got off topic. If Oklahoma isn't relavent, how about abortion clinic bombings, arson, etc??? Those are perpetrated by christian nuts who forget their own religious teachings and think they should pass judgement, not god.

Do you even know about Mr. Bush's ramming through the "Faith Based Initiative" as soon as he first got into office? What's all this democracy stuff he's spouting about when he ignored democracy and writes a Executive Order to take money out of my paycheck and give it to churches? Sure, it's for soup kitchens, but we all know that the finiancial bottom line for the churches is MORE MONEY and less of their own money they now need to put into those soup kitchens. Now they have more to "spread the gospel".

Look, if you think religious material should be put up in public places, why not just require people to attend church?

If this country was founded by christians, then can you explain to me where in their good, christian hearts they found the gall to forcefully take the land away from the natives?

Don't forget about the witch hunts. Don't forget about how the church literally put a complete STOP to scientific development for centuries, threatening people's lives if they even spoke about science in a way that contradicted the bible. Don't forget the Crusades. Don't forget that Jesus is a martyr just as Muhammad is. The problem with any religion is that it leaves no room for free thought or interpretation. Just look at the stem cell issue. We already lost many years in disease and other biological study, largely (but not totally) because of religion.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Common Sense from a Politician What Ever Next!!

Chris P, I wish I had said that.

Faili F. If you ever get to Australia I'd be happy to buy you a beer. Er...you do drink don't you?:eek:

We are closer than you think on this. I think we would disagree on our politics but I really do agree that most trouble in the world over the last 2000 years is because of people trying to impose their religion on others. I am not suggesting that we all become Christians or anything else for that matter. I honor and respect the values offered in Christian principles which at their root is not that different than many other religions. Its when we interpreted these principles that we get in trouble. Be what you want to be but don't force it on me. I really believe that most people in America feel the same way. I think we are at risk of losing who we are as Americans. That is what I hear coming from Australia.

I believe that the Muslim countries have a very different idea of "liberty and justice for all". It won't be long in some European countries until the Muslims will be able to seriously effect change in the governments. I don't want that to happen to America or any other free democracy.

When it comes to respect I will always respect the leaders of our country regardless of what I think of them personally. I think there is a serious lack of respect given to leaders today. That starts with parents and teachers and runs all the way up to the office of President. If you ever wonder why kids today don't have respect for their elders, look at their role models. We are those role models. So when someone says they disrespect the President, I learn something about that person and their values.

Finally let me say that sometimes my emotion runs my typing. I am just trying to create a great place for my kids to grow up and preserve the traditions created by my parents and grand parents. That's it.

Last edited:
Pete, I would love to have a cold one with you. That's the type of Muslim I am :):)

Dean, I am with you on 90% of what you have said in your last post!!

The only thing we agree to disagree on is that Politicains anywhere on the plant deserve no RESPECT what so ever. With the exception of Nelson Mandela, Ghandi, Martin Luther King,,etc.

BTW, some of my most heated (explosive arguments) are with my "brothers" in the Muslim world. I don't just piss off white people :)

Back