F1 2007

It seems three F1 teams (allegedly at the very pinnacle of motorsport) can't count. Maybe there is something else behind this??

If not, then as I have to count sometimes in my job and as one of my hobbies requires me to count reliably from 1 to 6 then I have an idea.

I will write to all the teams explaining my counting ability and suggest they all put a small percentage of their turnover (only say, 1%) in a hat and I will count the tyres for them. Obviously this will be on a completely fair and impartial basis as I couldn't possibly undermine my duty to this important position by accepting any bribes or other insults to my professional integrity that may be offered.
Then I can resign my current job and look forward to travelling the world in style, exotic locations, lavish expense accounts, maybe even an interview with Martin Brundle!
When it all gets too much, I can subcontract out the work. I'm sure I'll be able to find a graduate with sufficient numeric skills somewhere. Albania, Rumania, Mongolia? Somewhere ending in "a" is sure to have one.
Eventually, I'll be able to retire in luxury.

Now, where's my pen and paper? How many r's in Ferrrarrri? Who owns Minardi these days? Shall I give Eddie Jordan a try? No, he'll only pinch the idea..................

one of my hobbies requires me to count reliably from 1 to 6 then I have an idea.
I'm sure I'll be able to find a graduate with sufficient numeric skills somewhere. Albania, Rumania, Mongolia? Somewhere ending in "a" is sure to have one.
QUOTE]

Hi David

I'd like to apply for the position as your contractor. I can count from 1-4, which is probably all that is required given the number of corners on yer typical F1 car. I am prepared to travel. I also live in Australia, thusly satisfing your criteria.

I look forward to hearing from you with the outcome.

Richard

Thank you for the interest shown in the position of Assistant Tyre Counter. Please be assured your application has been correctly filed.

However I regret to inform you that as I haven't secured the contract yet and as I would want a few years of the high life myself, the position is not currently available.

Yours etc

Oh Dear!

Maybe the clearance on Hamiltons front left spigot plunger thruster pin bearing housing oil retention seal containment ring was only set to 0.0098 mm.

Better luck next year.

I still think the whole F1 world wants to know why the team left him out on useless tyres for several very slow laps in Shanghai. That was where he lost the championship. In his position you must keep gaining a few points, then it becomes increasingly difficult for the other drivers.

Regards
Dave Tickle

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHrockonsmile:pepper::lol:boomsmile:D:grinf::chug::coolgleam::flameon::lurker::loser::rolleyes::)rockonsmile:Dboomsmile;):D

Incredible really:D cant see the last 10 laps....Too nervous.

and too cool Kimi neither smiles on the podium as world champ.. but anyway:D WE ARE THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAMP!!!

we just missed to see ron dennis face there.. :D

Last edited:
Hey Paolo

You seem to be very happy, I can't imagine why!

You are right, Kimi is the new World Champion Driver, but he isn't the world champion smiler.

I have had a couple of beers and a bottle of local wine. I expect Australian Pete has enjoyed a better quality product!

I still think the F1 world wants to know why Hamiltons championship was thrown away by the team keeping him out for many laps on completely useless tyres in Shanghai. Why on earth did they do that???????????????? At that stage in the championship, all Hamilton needed was a few points, then it becomes increasingly difficult for the opposition to catch up never mind overtake

Congratulations to Kimi and better luck to Lewis next year.

Dave

totally scripted end to the season, strange how Hamilton's car switched off for the first lap, (not happened before) and why 3 pit stops? good job Im not a conspiracy theorist I might have thought that this was linked to the spying scandal, and a secret behind the doors agreement.

regards

Chris.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I like my heros to be smart as well as fast....

I guess Lewis must have skipped that part of his experience dealing with the big picture.

I would have thought that his misadventure in China would have taught him something....I sure hope he is smarter than he is letting on.

Montoya comes to mind - dumb as a post. And a driver I admired until he continually drove with his balls rather than his brain.

Personal reflections on Brazil 2007

1. Max is past his sell by date
2. Kimi is a worthy world champion
3. Ferrari are not worthy constructors champion
4. Lewis dominated Fernando for much of the season. Remember this is his rookie year and many people (me included) felt that Fernando was the natural successor to that fine German sportsman;) who recently drove for Ferrari (OK I know he was bloody quick as well!).
5. Wee Bernie sounded like he'd been taking lessons on logic and plain speaking from John Prescott based on his comments to Martin on the grid walk

And finally I enjoyed the racing at the Goodwood Revival about 3000% more than F1, give or take a few percentage points.

this championship ending was really a miracle,also I was nearly sure Hamilton will win (was expecting a crash in the start of the race..only fisichella did..as usual), but probably lucky started to smile to ferrari and..we got it! (Mike, u see I cant hate ferrari..u know..;).
All the country is in fiesta now..Montezemolo nearly crying on 20.00 pm news.

Cool to know where is Schumacher now....in his house with his family, payed for this by ferrari too:D

Nice season anyway....so hard and so interesting.
Will offer some barolo to u all guys! :chug:

Dave, the older I get the more cynical I become.
However now that we have our new Eastern European workforce here contributing to our economy at least we will all now have a pension, for our cynical old age? (according to news reports this week).

Regards

Chris

I just hope they are joking.
This is the last trial of that Fu**ing Dennis to robber something.
It wasnt enough to create the uglyiest scandal of the last years...it wasnt enought to add shame on Alonso 2007 world championship..it wasnt enough robber in the ugliest and stupid way parts of cars not made in England from his ugly too hated team.

Now he try to say some new BS about fuel temperature in BMWs.

No way..they have lost, is ugly what they are trying to do now:mad::mad:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
BMW Sauber and Williams under investigation

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams are being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over possible technical irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race. The enquiries are believed to relate to fuel temperatures.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, it would move McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton up from seventh to fourth, making him world champion, rather than Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen won the race from team mate Felipe Massa, with McLaren’s Fernando Alonso

Sorry Paolo.:mad:

Back