Ford GT to race Le Mans?

Let's go US mates !
If you organise shipping I can organise reception at Le havre for all your cars and then bring those to the circuit on a place where you can have them directly onto the track.
Plus I can organise bed and breakfest during the week on a nice house close to the circuit and then bring you at best places during the week ; visiting the museum , doing some "civilian" run onto the part of the track open all year and organising visits to teams preparing the race with the workshops into the Tecno park on the middle of the circuit !!!
Nicole my wife can organise castles and small nice villages visits for wifes !
As a former Le mans "involved man" I can tell you that you will remember for all you life such a week !!!
Just find the solution for shipping your beasts ......:thumbsup:all following organisation will be done for you with great pleasure and why not .... do a "joint venture" with UK GT40's owners ??

I would do that-!! Lemans Classic is bucket list..
the biggest Challenge is finding hotel/lodging.. places get booked out a year+ in advance...
Shipping is pricey, but not THAT expensive..
Joseph- How much was itto ship to the UK when you did "Around the World"...?
Kurt

Michel, I have seen your offer before and thank you. I think you had this idea on another forum but it did not take off. So thank you once again.
Many know I did it 3 years ago and traveled all through Europe with my 2005 FORD GT.
Kurt ,it could be thrilling "BUT" the world has not been a nice placeover the last 3 years , INSURANCE will be the number one issue.
Shipping can be arranged from NEWARK New Jersey ,Texas or California.
Shipping by plane is 20,000 plus the wheels come off and crated. No one is doing that.
Shipping will be under 10 grand all in but you have to PRAY for 4 weeks each way that it arrives.
There are a lot if" IF's".
I think the Robertsons can give us a corporate ride, but its the car with AMERICAN PLATES that becomes the BIG issue. All other countries must have their duties and taxes paid up front and stickers on the car.
Many in Europe understand that in the EU its like driving from NY TO NJ TO CT. In the EU though an American car with American plates is like an invader in each country crossing the borders.
So If its strickly France is easier, the rest is another story.
Lets me make MANY phone calls and get back to you.
Before I begin......Please if anyone doesn't understand that per person you are at $20,000 grand, don't bother being on this email...........
GTJOEY1314
Bon Joir !

GTjoey is absolutly right on every point !
But this experience is unique and if done well and organised correctly could remain of of the most exiting "souvenir" an Us le mans fan can achieve ; this whyI will be happy and proud to be the guide for some of you to get as much as great and exceptional visits during that week !

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would be interested in the Classic as that is where to see the originals as well as drive the track yes? The new FGT will be running the 24 hours which is not where you will see the originals or drive the track.

Keith

I don't think driving the track is a given - it has to be "re-negotiated" year on year and the ACO can be notoriously stubborn bearing in mind they have many applications from hundreds of clubs, but, given that 2016 is a milestone year for GT40 (or Ford GT to be more accurate), there will be extra leverage if negotiations are started early enough.

I don't think driving the track is a given - it has to be "re-negotiated" year on year and the ACO can be notoriously stubborn bearing in mind they have many applications from hundreds of clubs, but, given that 2016 is a milestone year for GT40 (or Ford GT to be more accurate), there will be extra leverage if negotiations are started early enough.

Yes for sure driving on the entire "closed" track is something very very hard to organise due to very very busy ACO planning and they cannot take any risk to have some too long rails repair in case of an stupid crash"outing" from an inexperienced and foolish club driver
But .... it's always possible to do most of the circuit ( hunaudieres except the 2 chicanes , Mulsanne, Indianapolis , Arnage curves and with some special autorisation inside Porsche curves all this can be done and doing a stop to each important places specially if you have some "guide" to tell you stories about what hapenned in the past to famous cars or drivers !!!!
Effectivly with Ford official return something special can be organised asking to the right person and right office at ACO But again this have to be done absolutly early and urgently because these "people "at ACO are very long to decide and you need long long meetings , phone calls etc as soon as you are asking them something unusual !

Would you also accomodate a Classic Mini somewhere in your ranks, if I could make it?
I would love to see your cars and take part in your adventure (In the future i will hopefully also arrive in a GT40).

(Or would someone let me ride shotgun with him?)

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe the GT40 enthusiasts club has already made soneserious negaotiations to get track time at the Classic LE Mans

But in order to get on the track you need to be a club member.
At £30 a year it is the easiest way to make sure you have the best possibility to get on the full track at unrestricted speeds.

I organised the event in 2010 and got the first half hour unrestricted session, but I am no longer on the committee.

I will be there though for 2016

Ian

Vingt-quatre (?)....although I think Joey and others were talking the Classic..

For my part am talking about "les 24 heures du mans" and not "Le mans Classique" as thread titlle is Ford GT to race le mans ????

or am missing something ??

Michel- good point about the thread title, but I believe Joseph, Mike and I are talking about LeMans Classic
Kurt

I was talking about the 24 hours of LeMans, not the classic, due to Fords return.
Classic is a wonderful event, but I was talking about a get together from old to new.
GTJOEY1314

Charlie Farley

Supporter
If any on the US side are serious about going.
I use a house south side of the circuit.
The next door property is a converted water mill.
They have several one and two bed apartments for rent.
All mod conns and a beautiful location on the Loire river,
upstream.
South side of the circuit is much better, back roads to the
circuit each day, 20 mins door to door.
If you want details just let me know. But don't leave it
too long, as good accomodation goes fast.

Wish I had known that earlier as I just booked and paid for rooms for eight of us today...You are absolutely right about accommodation booking up fast.!!

Back