Ford GT to race Le Mans?

I was very honoured to be invited as a guest into the Ford pavilion at Le Mans to view the stunning 2016 Ford GT that will race at next years 24 Hours. She is beautiful.

2016 is going to be a BIG year for Ford.

Hmmmm, unsure of that picture though. I would have thought the GT40 MKII should have been prominently displayed AHEAD of the P4. :thumbsdown:

Hmmmm, unsure of that picture though. I would have thought the GT40 MKII should have been prominently displayed AHEAD of the P4. :thumbsdown:

Let the games begin. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

Maybe because in 64/65/66 and 67 . Ford sponsored the car. 1968 and 69 the cars were privateer?
To bad we couldn't have some in private hands by the race in 2016 , it would have been nice to see one at the track in street design and specs.
GTJOEY1314

Maybe because in 64/65/66 and 67 . Ford sponsored the car. 1968 and 69 the cars were privateer?
To bad we couldn't have some in private hands by the race in 2016 , it would have been nice to see one at the track in street design and specs.
GTJOEY1314

I do not understand your response. The MK-II won 123 in Le Mans in 1966 were ford sponsor. The French Blue GT40 MK-II behind the Ferrari was Ken Miles car that should have won but due to Ford 123 finish the McLaren GT40MK-II that started back to Miles car had traveled a longer distance so it won the race (which Shelby was not to happy since Miles had won Daytona and Sebring that year). The poster should have the MK-II ahead of any Ferrari.

68 and 69 Gulf cars were entered by JW Engineering

Here's 100+ photos we took at the race car launch in Le Mans. Awesome time. Raj Nair, Bill Ford, Mark Fields, Dave Pericak, Jim Farley, Larry Holt from Multimatic, George Howard Chappell, Scott Pruett, Chip Ganassi, etc all in the building. The car is incredible. It's a bummer many of it's natural advantages will get taken out by BoP.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaC418Q

Spent a long time with FMC's head of PR and Marketing discussing what will be offered to owners in 16. As soon as plans solidify, will report back. Needless to say, a large number of historical GT40s will be present.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are you making Bud commercials on the side Banister?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OMTryuyHgu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do not understand your response. The MK-II won 123 in Le Mans in 1966 were ford sponsor. The French Blue GT40 MK-II behind the Ferrari was Ken Miles car that should have won but due to Ford 123 finish the McLaren GT40MK-II that started back to Miles car had traveled a longer distance so it won the race (which Shelby was not to happy since Miles had won Daytona and Sebring that year). The poster should have the MK-II ahead of any Ferrari.

68 and 69 Gulf cars were entered by JW Engineering

How about the FORD color Arcadian Blue?

Attachments

• 1966.jpg
    1966.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 226

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It will probably be irrelevant as they are making so few that all are already spoken for. I bet if you wanted to purchase one from a flipper, you are easily at $600K maybe a lot more.

For $600 grande I'd like a car that doesn't need a wooden block behind the rear wheel to make sure it doesn't roll away while parked. That's fine for junker resto projects in my driveway but come on. No parking brake on these things?

That said, it's a beautiful car. More attractive than the 458 or Enzo or McLaren IMHO. Love to see one of these on the track, and on the street. Stunning.

Pat

Supporter
Perhaps an easier solution would be to take the Factory Five GTM and convert it to a new Ford GT look-alike.

Attachments

• gtm_1.jpg
    gtm_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 261

Keith

Brett, I was working for Ford (Briggs Motor Bodies, Croydon Airport) when they released the Capri and brought it around for us to have a look at (1969?). While we weren't allowed to drive it (obviously) we were allowed to sit in it. As a total Mustang Head, I was very excited by it, so much so, that I never bought one!

Oh well. Did you get to sit in the GT though Brett??

Back