GT40 Crystal

Guys,
Attached (hopefully) are pictures of crystals I have for sale. I will be taking requests for them only through the first week of December (ending Deember 6th). These are truly amazing. Pictures can't do them justice so let me try and explain. They will be 2 3/8" X 3" X 4 3/4" real crystal. Inside the crystal is a 3D image of a MKI. These are NOT etched on the back, the image is on the INSIDE. The image itself is made using a CAD drawing with over 10,000 surfaces. You can actually look at the wheels and see the tires, rims, brakes and suspension. Under the car you can see through the engine bay all the way to the webers. The same goes for the interior seats to shifter handle gauges, etc.. I've never seen anything like this before so I had to have them made. I will ask anyone interested to email me ([email protected]) with your address and I will send a money request to you via paypal. I will also be able to except credit card numbers over the phone if anyone is uncomfortable with on-line payments. Continental US shipments will be $75.00 which includes UPS Ground shipping. For overseas orders, please send your address and I will give you a total cost which includes the shipping cost.
Again, I will only be taking requests until December 6th and doing a limited run of these, around 50 so. It will be first come first served, as I do not expect to ever produce these again.
I will ask for payment in advance for these and would expect all of them to be shipped out by the second week of January. At that time everyone will be contacted with the tracking number and ship date.
Hope you like them as much as I do.
John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 24189-crystalSMALL.jpg
    24189-crystalSMALL.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 454
Here's one from the bottom. Hope it's clear enough.

Attachments

• 24190-bottomSMALL.jpg
    24190-bottomSMALL.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 424

Ron Earp

Admin
John was kind enough to send me one of these in exchage for some parts. They are excellent!!!!

I typically stay out of discussions about parts and cars but these things are really neat. It appears that they have somehow fractured the crystal with a laser thus producing a 3D image in the crystal. The detail is astounding!

I've got to take some pictures for some Ebay stuff and of the engine/tranny tomorrow so I'll try and shoot a couple of this as well. By far this is the neatest GT40 item I've ever seen.

Best,
Ron

Thanks Ron,
The new ones will be even larger so the detail sould be even better.
John

I bought one of these awhile back but it's a Cobra. I had to have it cause it was so neat. I paid $125 for it and it's not as big as what John is offering. Count me in John, I got to have it !!

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Looks cool, John. Like to have one for me. Let me know the total cost w/ shipping to Tokyo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John check your email. Hope to here from you soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

John,

I have e-mailed you a request for one of the Crystals so consider this a followup. Please confirm that you have reserved one for me.

Thanks,

Ben

Bingo Pat.
That's exactly how it's done. The laser actually produces pin sized fractures in the glass which makes the GT40. Really a cool piece.
All that have written I WILL reserve pieces for you. I will also send payment requests to "lock in" the orders.
As for the request for shipping I will check in on that and get back to you tomorrow.
I'm glad you all like them. You will like them more in person. I promise.
John

Ron Earp

Admin
I would imagine that this process uses two lasers posistioned orthogonally that constructively interfere at the point at which you wish to have the glass fractured. This should be able to produce submicron fractures in the glass for fantastic resolution.

R

Back