GT40NZ#3010 Denis

Sweet!!!! And another photo of the carbon fiber splash apron/fuel filler support

Attachments

• 29624-DSCF0019.JPG
    29624-DSCF0019.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 546
Just an update. Not alot going on but I did receive my carrera coil overs in chrome. Got the tires mounted, and sent the seats out to be covered in leather w/ grommets as original as possible with the buckets supplied. Will assemble the shocks and mount them. Then set it down. It will then be ready to roll around as needed.I am picking up my transaxle tomorrow in Boston. Has to go thru customs. Hope not much problem with that.I am still waiting to receive a couple of remaining items ie: side screens, vents and a couple of other bits. I hope to set the engine in place soon. will keep you all updated.

Have all parts from NZ now. Coils in, car on ground.Fitted side screens, made all door mechanisms.Used Hersh's idea for rear clip holdowns. See photos.

Attachments

• 34261-DSCF0032.JPG
    34261-DSCF0032.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 542
can you post a pic of how you did the hold down bracket for the rear clip at the firewall?

I too have thought about using Hersh's idea on this as it looks really good.

I also thought about just running a rod through the firewall, so the hold down would be concealed, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Denis,
Your GT is really shaping up nicely. I like the hold down pins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
So how about an update and what colors did you end up choosing?

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well its been a while since my last post so here goes. The engine and trans have been put in. All mounts were lined up great.All the nut inserts are in and all body filling is complete and primed. The front clip, hood, and side rocker panels have been block sanded and reprimed, ready for final sand then paint!! All the parts are spread out all over my shop. I will assemble all the parts and get all working for the final sanding, then take it all apart again for painting.I will try to post photos but my computer and camera aren't getting along so good lately.

well the GT in all put back together for the final sanding.I am on a mission to have it in paint this month.The chosen color is Viper Red.It will have side stripes in white with no top stripe.It will get blacked out nostrils and lite recesses.

Attachments

• 43549-DSCF0011.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 582
The valve covers are available thru any Ford Motorsports Retailer. I bought mine locally here in N.H.

Here we go!! I was up at 5:30 this morning to paint the GT. I spend hours yesterday prepping the shop. It's now 8:30 and the sealer coat is on. 1/2 hour to kill then color. I will keep you posted. Pictures to follow.

Back