GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Interesting read, Al.

It sounds like the party involved was already involved in the "change" process. If that's the case, the military should not have had to provide the medical service.

Again, I doubt that the military would initiate any sort of gender-reassignment procedure. As for whether or not this one should have gone on...apparently there were other medical personnel involved and at least one of them determined the surgery was "necessary". I'd challenge that. More information about the stage of the surgeries might reveal more.

At any rate, even if this one was "approved", I'd still bet the military will NOT be offering this service to everyone who wants it...or to ANYONE else! This needs to be a private issue and the re-assignment surgeries should be at private expense, not public expense.

Just MHO, though...others' opinions may vary.

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting read, Al.

It sounds like the party involved was already involved in the "change" process. If that's the case, the military should not have had to provide the medical service.

Again, I doubt that the military would initiate any sort of gender-reassignment procedure. As for whether or not this one should have gone on...apparently there were other medical personnel involved and at least one of them determined the surgery was "necessary". I'd challenge that. More information about the stage of the surgeries might reveal more.

At any rate, even if this one was "approved", I'd still bet the military will NOT be offering this service to everyone who wants it...or to ANYONE else! This needs to be a private issue and the re-assignment surgeries should be at private expense, not public expense.

Just MHO, though...others' opinions may vary.

Cheers!

Doug

Paying for it even once would provide precedence, Doug. :sad:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Paying for it even once would provide precedence, Doug. :sad:

When I worked for TDCJ the rule of thumb was that if an "offender" went through intake and was under ongoing "reassignment" treatment (which is a very lengthy process) the TDCJ would, with adequate paperwork from the "Free World" to prove that reassignment treatment was ongoing, continue the process UP TO THE POINT OF SURGERY. Of greater difficulty was finding two separate psychiatrists who could agree that GID was an appropriate diagnosis. During the entire time I was at TDCJ I do not recall any offenders who were surgically reassigned.

It really IS a very uncommon practice...most of the adherents to GID philosophy would rather have just dressed and acted the part...although as you can imagine in a prison setting that would have been rather brazen and while it didn't happen often, if it did it always ended badly for the "reassigned" party.

Of course, in the Free World money talks, so once they paroled out or served their sentences they were free to do as they pleased.

I can't imagine ANY circumstance under which this would become a routine medical procedure for military personnel...precedent or not...and CERTAINLY NOT while Trump is POTUS!

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I can't imagine ANY circumstance under which this would become a routine medical procedure for military personnel...precedent or not...and CERTAINLY NOT while Trump is POTUS!

It astonishes me that ANY of the whole 'gays/transgenders-in-the-service' agenda has been catered to by the present administration.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It astonishes me that ANY of the whole 'gays/transgenders-in-the-service' agenda has been catered to by the present administration.

It's a fight Trump took on because he knows he can do whatever he wants and only has the courts to fear..and not much to fear from them, at that.

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Oh, my...Democrat Doug Jones is delivering his victory speech in Alabama right now. This will put another thorn in the side of the POTUS/Republicans...now let’s hold their collective feet to the fire, all of them, to do what is right for ALL of us, nationwide as well as worldwide.

Well done, Alabama!

Cheers!

Doug

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Sadly Trump had to once again make it all about him, with his tweet that basically said he knew before the primary that Moore couldn't win. As Bugs Bunny used to say, "what a maroon".

BTW, does Trump shave yet?

While none of these accusation have been proven, this shows that one is guilty through public opinion, and even if the women retracted their statements the damage is forever. I bet that given enough money, that there are people in every one of our lives that could come forward and accuse any one of us of some kind of impropriety. And once released, even if recanted, 75% of the people will still believe it. CNN is proof of that. They get caught in a lie regularly, take it back, but the damage is done. You have no concrete evidence, but you have convicted Moore and would not be believe otherwise no matter what. There is only 1.5% difference in the vote. I'd hate to be on trial for murder and be innocent. The majority of people are so easily swayed.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm optimistic (and based on conversations here within Arkansas' red state status) that the general population views a single accusation as being a lot different than multiple independent accusations of the same.

I give it to Moore to some limited value that he was younger during that time, and that was then, and this is now, but also feel strongly that had he not been of some importance at the time these accusations took place, he would have had his ass whipped by the good ol' boys for doing what he's accused of doing. That's what happens down here. Perhaps that could be spun to confirm he did nothing questionable, but there's too many aligned accounts by too many folks to validate that thought.

Another souring note was that he never acknowledged that any of that ever took place, which again gets to your point (accusation or fact), but others have had to deal with similar accusations (or much less objectionable behavior as Moore is accused of), and have either resigned or have been drummed out by their peers. No such thing is happening here, even in light of some very strategic peer pressure to do so.

In the end, Moore doesn't practice all that he preaches. In the past, he should have been the model symbol for respecting the law (a judge), but instead had shown disrespect for the law if it was contrary to his beliefs.

Had Alabama voted for him, by placing ideology over integrity, it would have been the end of my last thread of respect for humanity and what America stands for, especially from a red state that is supposed to look toward conservative values, which I've always thought of as respect, integrity, honesty, humility, and trust. These would only be found in Moore if they happened to be aligned within his very narrow slit of ideology.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I give it to Moore to some limited value that he was younger during that time, and that was then, and this is now, but also feel strongly that had he not been of some importance at the time these accusations took place, he would have had his ass whipped by the good ol' boys for doing what he's accused of doing.

I remember well how it was when I was a late teenager/early 20s young man. The hormones were raging and I’d bet (knowing myself as well as I do) that I must have made some rather lurid suggestions to some of the ladies...but by the time I was in my 30s I was in a healthy relationship and had grown up a bit and no longer felt the need to purse the ladies...and particularly not “ladies” of the age Moore targeted (I view Moore as a pedophile for those endeavors).

I think the reason there was much less “ya-ya” back then was that the concept of “Political Correctness” as a guide for what is appropriate did not exist. These days you can’t hardly celebrate that Charles Manson died in prison without someone complaining that your views are “unacceptable” under their concept of what PC should allow.

In the end...Moore’s own debauchery cost him the election, and thank goodness for that!!! He is no more qualified to serve in office than is our POTUS, who is guilty of much greater debauchery than Moore.

We’ll just have to wait and see how long it takes for Trump’s pre-presidency actions to cost him his elected position...as it well should.

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
We’ll just have to wait and see how long it takes for Trump’s pre-presidency actions to cost him his elected position...as it well should.

We all know what BILL did in the Oval Office - as well as what he did LONG BEFORE he got there...and we know what Obama did in HIS 'younger days' (Coke, weed, and whatever...not to mention who he hung out with)...and yet I don't recall you (or anyone on the left) clamoring for the head of either one of them while THEY were in office - or even now that they're OUT. 'Funny how that is...

With all the women currently coming out of the woodwork making this-and-that accusation about what this-or-that guy supposedly did 20/30/40 years ago, I'm wondering just how long it's going to be before ANY GUY (especially one who may be worth a few bucks today) who ever, as we used to say, even got 'fresh' with a young lady he was crazy about 'back in the day' will end up having HIS name dragged thru the mud over that.

Perhaps it's time for the self-appointed "experts" in such matters (the all-knowing "p.c. police" on faaaar left) to OUTLINE for all males exactly were the line is with regard to what THEY consider a N-O-R-M-A-L male "advance" and what constitutes 'crossing the line' into sexual "harassment", sexual "abuse" AND/OR being a "sex predator"? 'Cause, at the rate things are going now, it won't be too long before any guy who ever held hands with a young lady could be in hot water. (Stated only partially tongue-in-cheek'.)

(Now watch someone accuse me of SIDING with sex predators and rapists.)

I remember well how it was when I was a late teenager/early 20s young man. The hormones were raging and I’d bet (knowing myself as well as I do) that I must have made some rather lurid suggestions to some of the ladies...but by the time I was in my 30s I was in a healthy relationship and had grown up a bit and no longer felt the need to purse the ladies...and particularly not “ladies” of the age Moore targeted (I view Moore as a pedophile for those endeavors).

I think the reason there was much less “ya-ya” back then was that the concept of “Political Correctness” as a guide for what is appropriate did not exist. These days you can’t hardly celebrate that Charles Manson died in prison without someone complaining that your views are “unacceptable” under their concept of what PC should allow.

In the end...Moore’s own debauchery cost him the election, and thank goodness for that!!! He is no more qualified to serve in office than is our POTUS, who is guilty of much greater debauchery than Moore.

Doug

Doug, still accusations, not proven, how can you say "Moore’s own debauchery cost him the election" Like I said, just put it out there and you and the 75% believe it.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Willing to bet that Moore’s accusers all just fade away and no legal process will take place....
To me it was just too coincidental that they all suddenly appear as part of the Me-too crowd.
It just does not pass the smell test to me.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Willing to bet that Moore’s accusers all just fade away and no legal process will take place....
To me it was just too coincidental that they all suddenly appear as part of the Me-too crowd.
It just does not pass the smell test to me.

You hide your misogyny and your ignorance and your extremism behind a sheen of reasonableness.

EIGHT women have come forward publicly about things Roy Moore did things to them that range from inappropriate to outright sexual assault. They weren't silent for 30 years -- they told family members and friends at the time.

This thread is an embarrassment. For thousands of years men have held the power in society. Women have been raped, abused, denied the right to own property for centuries.

Now, the pendulum starts to swing slightly back the other way and in our modern society women say no more, and a bunch of old white guys on a message board find a way to doubt them, or make the whole issue about the extremely small number of sexual assault charges that are proven false.

That's crazy, and sad.

Here's the good news though. You and people like you are LOSING. You are dinosaurs. After you leave the world, the world will continue on to improve and get better, and be a place where women can safely walk the corporate halls, the halls of government and in public without worrying about whether Larry can catcall them and call it a "compliment" and then yell about PC nonsense when told he shouldn't do that.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The burden of proof lies with the accuser...
Innocent until proven guilty..
—-
Does any of this ring any sort of bell with you?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You already know the answer, so why ask the question?
No one is above the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back