GTD 40 For Sale

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
M. Gilbert

I sent you an email earlier today with pictures. It came back as undeliverable. If you are serious, call me at the number listed.

Hi Gordy,

I'm out of town today, but I can read my e-mail.

Sent info and pics to this adress

[email protected]

This is my business e-mail without file limits.

I will call you this evening, if you are available. Give me your name and family name on the mail. I plan to transfer you a cash down if the kit look great. Please send the more pictures you can.

Thanks

EG

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
Car is sold. Congratulations to the new owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gordy,
Just my own curiosity, did the Canadian guy get it? I called you last week, congratulations.

Greg

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
Due to unforseen circumstances on the part of the buyer, the car is being relisted. The price is 14,500 . PLEASE, serious only.

[ QUOTE ]
Due to unforseen circumstances on the part of the buyer, the car is being relisted. The price is 14,500 . PLEASE, serious only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, did his wife find out?

Sorry to hear about that Gordy. Hope it works out for you shortly.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
I will honor the offer I made when the car was first listed. The price will drop 1,000 each week until sold. It is now 13,500. For those who can't or won't take on a project, I will also offer my personal GTD40, in your choice of color, for 59,000. Again, serious only, please.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wow What a deal! If the price got much lower I was thinking about where I could hide a spare car from my wife. Whoever you are you got a very good start up project. I have just about made all the mistakes and have just gone thru the first time learning process with my GTD. If you are nearby, Northern Calif. come by and we'll chat. Two other complete GTD's within 10 miles. E-mail me if you are interested. Also there might be a few leftover parts around here.

Thanks Gordy!
I'm the lucky person to have picked up on this deal!
Just putting the finishing touches on a 427 Cobra, FF5 chassis, 427 engine, with my own body on her. So I needed another project to start, yea, right.

Howard Jones,
I, too am in Northern California, San Francisco Bay Area, it would be great to meet/talk with you.

Wayne

Wow. I'm pretty new to this but this sounds like a deal to me.

Where are all these GT40s in the Bay Area? I'm in the SF Bay Area and have yet to see anything.

Cheers

Howard Jones

Supporter
Mostly in the east bay tri valley area. drop me a email and maybe you can come by. I am on the road with my audi plates for "testing" have a vin # signoff with the CHP aug 6th and then I have my real plates! Car has run for 1 hour on a 100 degree day, I had to drive it to the brake and light check signoff, and it got up to just under 200 degrees when I slowed down for traffic. Cools right down to about 170 when I get it back up over 50MPH or so. I have been working on some ducting in the radiator inlet and I think this will help. Once I get all the DMV paperwork done the flywheel comes out for a rebalance and then we'll see how it really runs. I have been limmting revs to about 3K for now, and really only running the motor when I must because of the mis ballanced flywheel, 28oz should be 50oz, and I can't wait to really drive the thing! Oh and I really like the R21T 3.44 diff, 2350 rpm at about 65mph in 5th.

Hi all. Last week my husband (Ted) and I received the GT40 body and frame that Gordy was selling. Since quite a bit of stuff was not included, we are looking to find out where to get parts and a manual. What we have is body and frame, windshield, wheels and tires and most of the suspension. What can not be bought can most likely be built here, but it is nice to know what is available out there. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheryl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My first suggestion is to make a list of stuff you NEED, things like motor, tranny, fuel tanks, shifter, all the other glass, lights, seats, dash, guages, rad, heater etc., figure out where to start and find the parts you need to get working. Where abouts in Washington are you? There are a couple of us in this corner of the continent building

We are in the Port Townsend area (a ferry ride then about a 1 hour ride NW of Seattle). We would love to have a visit from any other GT40 folks who happen to be in the area. We have several other cars (original and replica) which would help make the trip worth while.

Cheryl

Howard Jones

Supporter
Send me a email, I am just done with mine except final bodywork and paint. I have a copy of manual and will send it up in the mail. Also having just completed mine, and my friend fred finished his about 6 mos ago we have just sorced just about everything you need. We are both in Calif, 5 miles apart, and if need be the phone call would even be cheep. My advice would be start with the body fiting, dont forget the sill covers over the fuel tanks, and get that as close as possible, especialy the doors, when everything else is out of the way. Mark all the mount points, remove the doors, front and rear clips and go on with the build. My other friend Bud, he has built 4 GTDs, and sold both me and fred our cars,lives 10 miles from me. I talk to him at least once a week so between the three of us I think we can provide some help. Have fun! Oh...I used to live in Westport Wa 30 years ago.

Howard,
Thanks so much for the offers. I tryed emailing you at the address listed with this site, but the email came back as undeliverable. Have you changed your address and not updated? If you would care to email me at [email protected] I would be happy to resend.

Let me also say that I am very impressed with all the folks on this site. You all seem to me to be a very friendly and helpful bunch!

Back