Gurney-Weslake Valve Covers

Hi Bob
I need to know numbers, to get a rough idea of how many to get cast. I suspect the more I get made the lower the cost will be.

Regards,
Chris
fc5ec160.jpg

fc5ebc95.jpg

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Hi all
In answer to the question "how much will they cost?" I expect around $300 a pair.
The top corner bolts will be counter sunk through the face of the cover and secured with cap head bolts.

Fran please e mail me.

regards
Chris.

G

Chris,
As i,m about to replace the engine and alter the breathing system, i might as well save playing around with my existing covers and re-machine a pair of yours if you can supply me in the blank with no paint or machining please.
Thankyou
Graham.

Hi Graham
Thanks for the input, if people want to buy these covers without coating and un-machined then that will reduce the cost and I will try to go with the what people want.
Any comments or constructive suggestions will be gratefully received
Regards

Chris.

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Ian Clark

Supporter
Chris, put me down for two pairs right now with more to come later. They'll look great beside the 48IDA Webers on my first custommer cars - one in the full Gulf specification and the other in bright Silver! Fantastic workmanship and what a service you've provided to the GT40 community by making more highly authentic parts available to detail our beloved cars. Bravo

Chris,

They look fantastic! What do you do about oil fill? I take it they were originally designed for a dry sump?

Will they be machined for the oil cap?

Regards,

Hi Julian

A lot of motor sport valve covers are sold this way, and I personally think that this is they way to go. You can get after-market oil necks and caps and also as you know custom breather caps.
However some people may wish to take the breather down to a catch tank or as you pointed out run a dry sump system. its a relatively simple matter to machine through the round shaped boss and fit to them what ever suites your application.
Please let me know what you guys think as I am going to the foundry on Thursday to sort out the production and costs.

Regards
Chris

G

Chris,
Way too cool!!
I would like mine unpainted and no
breather holes.
You will finish the holes for the valve cover bolts ???
Cheers,
Bill Cook
smile.gif

I've been away for a month and a half (new baby daughter!) and look what I've almost missed.

Chris I'm interested but price is a factor. I prefer coated and machined.

Back