Gurney-Weslake Valve Covers

Hi all

well, the fist test cover in LM25 was a success, as those that attended the Enthusiast club AGM last week can testify.
The pattern is now with the pattern maker to make the sand box, to enable 10 covers to be cast at a time.
I am away in Newzeland from saturday and hopefully when I get back mid May we should be ready to start production.
For those of you in the USA that require covers I will send them to Fran Hall for distribution, this will reduce the shipping costs .
As I said before they will now be cast and machined with the six mounting holes and the gasket face machined.
Oil filler and breather holes will be up to you, as there is so much variation it is better this way.

Regards
Chris

G

Wow Chris, I think you just catered to the whole GT40 world wide community for new rocker covers!
cool.gif
Think I will stick to Powered by Ford as these clearly will be the rare ones to have from now on!
grin.gif
Just kidding as you know I wish to end up with a set one day.

Malcolm

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Chris,

Any timeline on the GW covers for us chaps on the other side of the pond? They'll sure look great beside the Webers on the 392 stroker thats going into CAV #47, the first GT40 sold new in Canada since 1966. Pictures coming soon, I promise!

Chris,

Do you think you might be coming out with a canted valve cover 351C style (C302, Yates, Brodix neal ect.). I will be running Yates heads and would love to have the GW covers on my car.

Hi guys thanks for your patience
Latest info on the valve covers, is that the first heat treated sample cover is a complete success. I will be getting it machined in the next seven days, then will start the first production run of 100 covers.

I will post a photo as soon as I can after machining.

At the moment I am going to stick to the small block cover as the tooling cost was quite high but will see how we go.
Regards
Chris.

Hi All

The first 9 pairs of covers are ready for collection, so I will post photos on Wednesday 6th August.
The covers are machined on the gasket face and have the six mounting holes drilled, we have also included an alloy oil fill tube of standard size in one cover of each pair.
As I am coming to Monterey next week I can put a few pairs in my case, the price is £200 per pair.
Regards
Chris.

Hi Chris,
Are you going to the Goodwood track day on the 18th August??. My wife (courier)is in the UK and is going to be there. If you have two for a std 302W that would be great.
Could you suggest another plan if you are not.
cheers
Dave

MWGT40

Supporter
Chris,

I have sent you an email separately - I am looking forward to fitting these!! Let me know payment instructios and £200 will be on its way.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Martin

one is painted black with the fins polished for my 302 small block Ford.

Attachments

• 21033-Gurney cover 2.jpg
    21033-Gurney cover 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 600
They bolt on with cap head bolts.

Attachments

• 21034-Gurney cover 3.jpg
    21034-Gurney cover 3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 455
We make 10 pairs at a time 5 week turn round.

Attachments

• 21036-gurney cover.jpg
    21036-gurney cover.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 545
O.K.boys
how many people have e-mailed Chris begging for the first batch of covers??
If not, why not...... these things look great!

Thanks Chris,
three pairs are sold already.... two pairs left for sale from the first batch of five coming to the US
Who would like to have the next two pairs?
As Chris has stated 200 pounds plus shipping from Michigan to you,unless you can meet us as Monterey.

[email protected]

Back