Hello from Cypress, Texas

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
The year was 1965 and I was on a trip with my Dad to Denver looking for a new shop truck. While at a Ford dealership spotted some neat looking sports cars setting on the lot and went over opened the door and set down in what I later found out was a new GT 40. I was 14 at the time and told him I would like one for my first car.

Still love the cars and have come to a place in my life where I want to buy/build one and have some fun.

Have been following a number of you on this forum for all the neat ideas and open advise you have shared with others. I decided it was time I jumped in and got involved with the group.

Thanks for letting me tag along.

Don

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Don!

You and I both became infected at about the same time and point in our lives! :)

Enjoy the forums!

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
The year was 1965 and I was on a trip with my Dad to Denver looking for a new shop truck. While at a Ford dealership spotted some neat looking sports cars setting on the lot and went over opened the door and set down in what I later found out was a new GT 40. I was 14 at the time and told him I would like one for my first car.

Still love the cars and have come to a place in my life where I want to buy/build one and have some fun.

Have been following a number of you on this forum for all the neat ideas and open advise you have shared with others. I decided it was time I jumped in and got involved with the group.

Thanks for letting me tag along.

Don

Hi, Don.
Cypress isn't that far away! I live just outside of The Woodlands.

Kirby

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Working on the garage this month to get ready for a new project just don't know which project it should be.

Buy a used GT40 replica and just drive it and enjoy or buy a Mark IV kit and start having fun building.

Doing research right now.

D.Nye

Back