Hello from Hull

Hi to all from the sunny east coast of England
After four years of dreaming, I finally took the plunge at the weekend and ordered a basic kit from Andy at Tornado. Due to be ready in 20 weeks. Just in time for xmas :).

Nice one Jason.

Top guys on here willing to help on just about any subject. I'll bet you are wishing the next 20 weeks away :)

Hi guys. Yes, i'm building it all myself. First time actually building a car but ive got a fair amount of experience in engineering and fabrication. The bit of the process scarring me the most is the IVA at the end. From reading all the posts it looks by far the worst part of the build:worried:.

I'll be spending the next 20 weeks working out how on earth I'm going to fund everything.:)

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jason,

Congrats on getting your kit on order.

You may also be interest in joining the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. We attend a number of events troughout the year and organize our own such as the Track Day at Donington earlier this year. You will also receive 4 editions of the Club magazine Fortyfication, which has many useful articles for builders.

Cheers for now,

Max

Welcome to the forum Jason

Do you plan on doing a build log? Good to let fellow members follow your journey.

Let the fun begin!

Hi Paul
Yes, I'll be doing a build log. From reading some of the other logs it looks like a good idea. Good to get some opinions of the build along the way. Just wish I didnt have such a long wait to begin :)

Mike Pass

Supporter
Welcome Jason,
There is a Yorkshire group of the GT40 Enthusiasts club who meet up every two months. Paul Callear is in your area and has a Tornado so it would be good to get in touch with him and the rest of the group. Several others in the Yorks group have built their own cars and would be able to help you in your endeavours.
Cheers
Mike

Back