Hi from a newbie in SW UK

"Seems I was wrong"

NO.....you were right....just the wrong week!

(with apologies to Eric Morecambe)

The trick now is finding out WHICH week!

Simon

Andy,
If Tiverton is a bit far to make Stuart Watson-Davies' meetings, you could alway start a Devon/Cornwall group yourself with Benjy and Chris Headon.
If set up, we would publicise your arrangements in the magazine and on the website, so you could collect passing trade - from the website particularly. People who go to area meetings aren't expected to be Enthusiasts Club members, though the organiser obviously has to. Most people who attend more than a couple of times usually join, though, because there is a lot to be gained from being a member, not least the magazine.
Contact me (you are the only member - Data Protection Act and all that), and I will send contact details for other Club members in the area to form a nucleus.

Cornwall / Devon is good for me - can't stray too far at the moment due to elderly, variably continent dog! I had thought about turning up at one of the route 38 Sunday meets, weather permitting.

Tim B

Cornwall / Devon is good for me - can't stray too far at the moment due to elderly, variably continent dog! I had thought about turning up at one of the route 38 Sunday meets, weather permitting.

Tim B

Hi TIM
Yes if not working and weather good, i sometimes take the cob down to Trerulefoot aroundabout for the route 38 meet, every third sunday in the month, or we do have a cob meet at the ley arms every first sunday in the month next meet 6th this sunday at mid day, i have also been in contact with tony hunt about starting a new cornwall/devon club so if anybody is interested they can contact me on 07747626954, maybe start at ley arms and get feed back on times/venue and persons/numbers interested to start this club off, after all you have to start somewhere, all the best, Andy :thumbsup:

Where is the Ley Arms?

Hi, its in a village called Kenn by Kennford near exeter turn off at the end of the M5 as it joins the A38 if plymouth bound or exeter bound turn off at the top by the race course, down old A38 JOIN A383 as you do turn off left up to overbridge turn right, over bridge turn left, 50 yds turn right to Kenn village through village over small bridge turn right into car park of pub. hope that makes sence, Andy ps hope to see some faces sunday.

Looks like the weather will be pretty dire on Sunday. If it is I will come up in the day car, if it's good and dry I will bring the GT. Benjy, fancy a pint and a chat? if so drop me a line and I'll pick you up. If I'm in the merc there will be room to spare if your son wants to tag along. See you all there.

Hi Chris

Will be nice to meet up again, lets hope the weathers ok, if not i will also take the tin top, see you boys sunday, all the best, Andy

Weathers not lookin too clever for tomorrow.........I'm on le telefon rouge, will call in a favour with Him :wink:

Good to see you again chris and to meet you ben, hope you enjoyed the meet, not many cobs, possilby due to weather, lets hope next time the weathers better, and you will bring the 40 along, i no the boyes would love to see it, there are several thinking about building, all the best, Andy

Cheers Andy. Always good to meet people! I enjoyed it ( any excuse to talk cars! )
Hope to make another meet soon, if and when i'm home :(
Cheers, ben

It's snowing at the moment and I've got a stinking cold - not happy!

Tim B

Hi Tim, not to worry about not being able to make it to the meet, hope your cold gets better soon, may see you at the next meet, ps- are you based in cornwall area, all the best, Andy

Thanks Andy, Good to see you too and all the cobs in the car park, what will it be like when the weather is good, I don't think I've seen that many together outside of a show before. Like I said on the day, snow in the morning - mmm I'll take the merc - bright sunshine - no I'll take the GT - just as I was getting it out - snow again - I'll take the merc. That decision made, the rest of the day was glorious - how could I have known, Ben why didn't you say you'd put a call in to upstairs? Still nice to meet the owners and chat technical, it has got me thinking I do have some space in the garage. :idea: I even looked on ebay and autotrader to see what there was, that is until the wife caught me :thumbsdown:. Ho hum.
The GT will be back at MDA from this weekend for a few alterations and additions, so hopefully by the next meet it will be fully fitted and on top form. See you there.
Chris

Hi Tim, not to worry about not being able to make it to the meet, hope your cold gets better soon, may see you at the next meet, ps- are you based in cornwall area, all the best, Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm in St Austell. Cold is much better but still dragging on a bit, thanks!
At least got the GT MOT'ed on wednesday, even if it did break down on me on the way (fuel pump contacts corroded)...

Tim B

Hi Andy,

I'm in St Austell. Cold is much better but still dragging on a bit, thanks!
At least got the GT MOT'ed on wednesday, even if it did break down on me on the way (fuel pump contacts corroded)...

Tim B

Hi Tim good to here your colds better, and to here the 40 is back on the road, all ready for the summer, when it starts, cant make the next route 38 meet, due to work, hope to meet you soon, all the best Andy

Back