How Many GT40's In California?

I have a SPF MKII at my home in Southern Oregon (Jacksonville) right over the border. I might be driving it to our vacation home in Orange County occassionally. I was thinking of trying ThunderHill Road Course in No Cal. Anyone know anything about that place?

Mike

I run there all the time. Great course. Very long straight. Good chance to stretch the legs out a bit. There is also only 2 walls along the straights so overestimating ones skills doesn't always cost you fortune. Generally, a very fun track. Not as technical as Sears Point (Infineon) but a great track to get some seat time. Here is a link to their site. Home.

Mike,

You may wish to make contact with the organizers of the Thunderhill track to see what safety equipment you need on your car, and if you are required to have first passed a drivers training course.

PS: Thanks for posting your pictures. Very nice! They say a picture is worth a thousand words.......but I would have still liked to see it in person.

Mike,
The norcal Shelby Club ( Nor Cal Shelby Club ) will be running Thunderhill May 5-6th. You can check out thier site for equipment requirements, etc. They do a great job running an event and I am sure would like to see your car there. If you are a first time driver, there are plenty of people who are more than happy to help with instruction. They also have a good variety of run groups. I will likely be there running something. Send me a messege if you would like me to help out in any way.

Back