I did it! I did it! Its on Order!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I did think about that 400 motor, but given the mods to the car, dealing with a used POS, I don't know what the problems would be with that. In addition with a the emmissions nazis you knows what they will spank me with. I figure I can get a crate motor through tech, with cats and all, and that will get it done. I was considering an all aluminum sprint car motor (410 cu with injectors 800hp on alky) but it came down to the kisS method (with STUPID highlighted). Fran and I are still working on the transaxle choices. I would like to do some calcs on the gear ratios for particular tracks. too short and just boil the hides, too tall and waiting on the power band.

The
corvettec1rs_10.jpg
LS7 would be great.

Something like this maybe?

Kinsler unit @ about $14K all-in (including the ECU). J. Salmon has one installed on his LS7. I went with the less exotic FAST LSXr intake and 102mm TB but the same FAST XFI ECU.

Doc, you'll be very pleased with the Fast intake and BIG throttle body. I had a difficult time deciding on the FBW throttle body, have both types on hand.

Jack,

I wrestled with the DBW versus cable TB as well but settled for the cable control throttle.

Brian,

The needle bearings in the rockers are known to let loose. I'm replacing the stocks with Jesel J2s steel shaft-rockers. You can get aluminum shaft rockers for less $$$ but I felt the need for more durability since the cam profile and springs will allow 7500rpm at the top and sustained mid-to-upper rpm running. I would consider changing the rods if I were to boost the engine.

Marc,

That Margarita machine sounds real good!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,
Like the Kinsler intake, saw the aussie one to. I will wait and see on this part. this is easy to change in the car and is more of a tinkering thing to me. Besides you guys have the car and are getting "tweak'em". I will start a new thread for the dfw/tx crew for an invite to y'all.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Ok, seeing that pic that Allen English put up there, I'd say go with that. LOL Talk about a sick looking engine!!!!

Back