I never cease to be amazed!

HATS OFF TO CHARLIE DANIELS....AT LEAST HE HAS THE COURAGE TO SPEAK HIS
MIND!!!

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I
think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally,
made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the
United States of America , as it is a truly wonderful place.

But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is
illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left
heads come out of the woodwork and start trying
to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have any-thing
against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody
who comes into this country illegally is a criminal
and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign
country without a passport and see how far you get. What disturbs me
about the demonstrations is that it's tanta-mount to saying, "I am
going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and
there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me, I don't like it
one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in
Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued,
sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking
the water out of the Potomac again?
And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork
laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway Besides, what
good is another law going to do when you
won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls, guys? I thought you folks were
the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any
attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty
percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it
is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a
tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in France with the
Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people
finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take
to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this
and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing
for the kind of country your children and grand-children will
inherit. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get
re-elected.
Shame on you.
One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve
to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except
Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a
racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and
rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not.
And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksop politicians are
just about to sell out theUnited States of America because they don't
have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to
have 12 million illegal in this country and turn around and say, "Oh
it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your
wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well
what's wrong with that?"
I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as
far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what
they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize
corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?
If these people were from Haiti would we be so fast to turn a blind
eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan ?
I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have
crossed the border just to try to better their life.
They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13,
the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did.
They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegal
some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in
violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes
in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can
make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon
of mass destructionand set it off in a major American city after which
there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and
the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen
and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major
politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't
care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going
to lead the fight to get it straightened out."
I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America , but if you don't
respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others?
And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes
Please get that other one out of my face.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

here's a hypothetical question for you ...

Let's say some pedophile abducts, rapes, and kills, a young child. The only witness to the crime is someone who is illegally here in this country. Given the wording of the AZ law, do you think that person will voluntarily come forward and give the authorities their eyewitness account of the crime if there is a very good possibility they will be deported?

Bill - the "where reasonable suspicion exists" is in reference to whether or not the person is in this country legally, not whether or not an official can ask for your identification papers. If you are dong something suspicious, caught doing something illegal, the victim of a crime, a witness to a crime, asking for directions, etc., you are making "lawful contact".

I don't think anybody here disagrees with the sentiment that something needs to be done to "fix" the current problems/policies on illegal and legal immigration and entrance into our country. So, yes, the 80% of the legal citizens in the US are definitely concerned. The problem is how to best deal with the problem. No, turning a blind eye is not a solution, but I concerned that the AZ law is not a very good solution either. I am concerned that a legal citizen can get wrongly deported, and then what ... if they were not able to produce sufficient documentation in time to prevent deportation, they are now stuck in a foreign country without documentation as well ...

So are you suggesting that 20 million illegals and the burden they pose (being after all, ACTUAL criminals of every ilk and variety) are less of a threat than a hypothetical murderer?

Your line of reasoning is beyond me.

Basic human decency would tell the illegal to step forward to assist law enforcement. But then, if they had any basic human decency at all, they wouldn't be here illegally...

But worse yet...what if your hypothetical pedophilic murderer were also an illegal immigrant? Using your line of reasoning, wouldn't that be justification enough to implement this course of enforcement?

Don't play devil's advocate to a situation that arose from playing devil's advocate in the first place. Illegal immigration was caused by a lax policy of enforcement from the 60's on. One bout of amnesty wasn't enough for you? What contributions have these illegal immigrants made to our country? Rising health care costs? Rising prison populations? Jobs transferred to the lowest bidding worker? Rising entitlement costs to a group that isn't contributing via taxes? What about this situation seems like a good idea to you exactly?

Let's say some pedophile abducts, rapes, and kills, a young child. The only witness to the crime is someone who is illegally here in this country. Given the wording of the AZ law, do you think that person will voluntarily come forward and give the authorities their eyewitness account of the crime if there is a very good possibility they will be deported?

Bill - the "where reasonable suspicion exists" is in reference to whether or not the person is in this country legally, not whether or not an official can ask for your identification papers. If you are dong something suspicious, caught doing something illegal, the victim of a crime, a witness to a crime, asking for directions, etc., you are making "lawful contact".

I don't think anybody here disagrees with the sentiment that something needs to be done to "fix" the current problems/policies on illegal and legal immigration and entrance into our country. So, yes, the 80% of the legal citizens in the US are definitely concerned. The problem is how to best deal with the problem. No, turning a blind eye is not a solution, but I concerned that the AZ law is not a very good solution either. I am concerned that a legal citizen can get wrongly deported, and then what ... if they were not able to produce sufficient documentation in time to prevent deportation, they are now stuck in a foreign country without documentation as well ...

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Says it all...............and one more to keep it light.

Attachments

• ATT02387.jpg
    ATT02387.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 288
  • bicylce%20girl.jpg
    bicylce%20girl.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Says it all...............and one more to keep it light.

The second pic could make me do something illegal, or at least think about it.
Seriously, from an outsider looking in I'm surprised that this is debated.
Illegal immigrant means what it says. I.E. Illegal = breaking the law of the land. Just send them back from whence they came.

So are you suggesting that 20 million illegals and the burden they pose (being after all, ACTUAL criminals of every ilk and variety) are less of a threat than a hypothetical murderer?

Your line of reasoning is beyond me.

Basic human decency would tell the illegal to step forward to assist law enforcement. But then, if they had any basic human decency at all, they wouldn't be here illegally...

But worse yet...what if your hypothetical pedophilic murderer were also an illegal immigrant? Using your line of reasoning, wouldn't that be justification enough to implement this course of enforcement?

Don't play devil's advocate to a situation that arose from playing devil's advocate in the first place. Illegal immigration was caused by a lax policy of enforcement from the 60's on. One bout of amnesty wasn't enough for you? What contributions have these illegal immigrants made to our country? Rising health care costs? Rising prison populations? Jobs transferred to the lowest bidding worker? Rising entitlement costs to a group that isn't contributing via taxes? What about this situation seems like a good idea to you exactly?

None of which answers my question, nor answers the problem of wrongful detention and wrongful deportation.

Also, you ask "What contributions have these illegal immigrants made to our country?" How about all of the ag workers who work for far less than minimum wage so that our food can still be bought at somewhat reasonable prices? Or all of the illegals who get jobs as food service workers or janitorial service workers because no US citizen wants to do that sort of work? Jobs transferred to the lowest bidder? Shouldn't the person hiring be held accountable for using illegal labor?

Again, I don't disagree that illegal immigration is a problem. Then again, legal immigration is also filled with problems. And, while this is a problem that has been going on for a long time (and precedes the 60's), if there weren't opportunities for them to come here illegally and get jobs, then I suspect far fewer would be here. It isn't just the illegals that need to be dealt with, but also the people that hire them. Where's Arizona's tough laws on that?

Ian, When you go to another country, do you always carry documentation (visa, etc.) to prove you are there lawfully? I know when I go to Mexico or any other country I always carry "papers". Why should this be different? If they don't have "papers", they shouldn't be here. It's not gray, it's black and white, no '"papers" stay the hell out of our country! If you came here ILLEGALLY, drag your sorry ass back where it came from!

Hope you enjoy it when the Aztlan Nation comes rolling through your back yard, and hangs you by your white neck for squatting on "their" land. I guarantee they won't care if you were a sympathizer or not.

None of which answers my question, nor answers the problem of wrongful detention and wrongful deportation.

Ian...there are natural born CITIZENS of this country who have gone through that very same scenario here in America...I don't see you going to bat for them. And they actually have RIGHTS to be violated. A non-citizen has NO rights in this country. NONE. Courtesy? Sure. Privileges? A few. Rights? NONE.

Also, you ask "What contributions have these illegal immigrants made to our country?" How about all of the ag workers who work for far less than minimum wage so that our food can still be bought at somewhat reasonable prices? Or all of the illegals who get jobs as food service workers or janitorial service workers because no US citizen wants to do that sort of work? Jobs transferred to the lowest bidder? Shouldn't the person hiring be held accountable for using illegal labor?

Many of those jobs could be mechanized...and many already have been in the last 20 years. Won't be long before almost all are. Bottom line, don't ya know? Around here all the fast food workers are high-school kids, single moms and drug addicts, and no one trusts a non-green card holder to be in their building with no supervision. :rolleyes: Americans would be willing to work those jobs if the wage that was offered was enough to actually LIVE on...we don't live 15 people to an apartment, or pile as many bodies as can fit in a crappy van to get to work at the same place. If the companies that hired illegal labor were actually concerned with their legacy, or building community, they would figure out other ways to cut costs, rather than sacrifice AMERICAN jobs to MEXICAN workers. But no, making an EASY extra penny matters more to them. And part of the Arizona bill would make for ENFORCEMENT of the labor laws regarding hiring illegal workers. What is so hard to follow?

Again, I don't disagree that illegal immigration is a problem. Then again, legal immigration is also filled with problems. (I'm not concerned with legal immigration...that is part of the price ANY immigrant pays to become a citizen in a foreign land) And, while this is a problem that has been going on for a long time (and precedes the 60's), if there weren't opportunities for them to come here illegally and get jobs, (EXACTLY my point...MEXICO sucks ass, that's why AMERICANS aren't sneaking across the border to live there. That still doesn't justify what the CRIMINALS have done) then I suspect far fewer would be here. It isn't just the illegals that need to be dealt with, but also the people that hire them. Where's Arizona's tough laws on that?
Again, if you read the bill, it allows the STATE to enforce the FEDERAL laws regarding hiring illegals. The feds haven't exactly been doing their jobs, now have they? 20 million illegals, here and there, testify to the clusterfuck that the INS have left us with, all funded courtesy of OUR own tax dollars.

Last edited:
Ian K, If you read the statistics on crime you will see that the illegals crossing the Mexico/US border are more likely to be a perpatrator than a witness. Wyoming is so "right on" that I would personally vote him into office in a heartbeat!

Again (what, is this the third time now?), I have no problem with fixing how illegal and legal immigration is handled - that is the real problem. Yes, the current Federal laws need tightening and enforcing. But, the problem extends beyond that, and the Arizona law presents other problems.

Yes, when I go to another country, I carry my papers. However, in my day to day life here, I do not carry all of them. Hell, I've forgotten my wallet in a different pair of pants a few times. My problem (and many others share this concern) is that the Arizona law basically allows any official to question anyone that they have 'reasonable suspicion' to believe that person is not a legal US citizen. The "Lawful contact" clause basically implies that, not only if the person is suspected of a crime, but if that person is witness to, victim of, or even being directed in traffic by an officer, or asks for directions. Those are all considered "Lawful contact". Now, if the person has a strong accent, and has poor English, and has brown skin, they can be detained and questioned further. And if they have no ID on them, legal or illegal, they can be detained and deported. And yes, people have been improperly deported before, so there is no reason to believe it will not happen again. The problem is how the officer gets to the "no ID part". That is where "racial profiling" comes into play. And, in all honesty, I have thoughts both pro and con with respect to "racial profiling", but the line between "racial profiling" and "racial bias" gets very thin - which, again, is the major concern with the new Arizona law.

I won't even go into the whole illegals and crime stuff - but here is some interesting reading with respect to the numbers:

The American Conservative -- His-Panic

Ian

No, that wasn't interesting, that was simply exploring the well-known fact that statistics aren't as accurate as we hope them to be, and that once again, the federal government is incompetent in many of the roles it suits up for.

Again (what, is this the third time now?), I have no problem with fixing how illegal and legal immigration is handled - that is the real problem. Yes, the current Federal laws need tightening and enforcing. But, the problem extends beyond that, and the Arizona law presents other problems. (It only presents a problem in that 20 MILLION illegal immigrants have wormed their way into OUR country and now you and other Americans are afraid of hurting their feelings. Had this issue not gotten out of control to begin with, there would be no fear of racial profiling.)

Yes, when I go to another country, I carry my papers. However, in my day to day life here, I do not carry all of them. Hell, I've forgotten my wallet in a different pair of pants a few times. (Are you concerned that YOU may be considered an illegal citizen if you were to be stopped?) My problem (and many others share this concern) (many others who obviously never did anything to stop the problem from becoming what it currently IS...so your opinion means squat. In psychological parlance, it's called enabling. You helped create the problem, but offer no solution. That is why nobody cares what you say or how you say it. Take some responsibility NOW, since you couldn't be inconvenienced to do so THEN.) is that the Arizona law basically allows any official to question anyone that they have 'reasonable suspicion' to believe that person is not a legal US citizen. The "Lawful contact" clause basically implies that, not only if the person is suspected of a crime, but if that person is witness to, victim of, or even being directed in traffic by an officer, or asks for directions. Those are all considered "Lawful contact". Now, if the person has a strong accent, and has poor English, and has brown skin, they can be detained and questioned further. (And what exactly is your problem with this? It's not likely to be a Pakistani or Afghani that that are stopping in Scottsdale AZ...) And if they have no ID on them, legal or illegal, they can be detained and deported. (Detained, yes...deported, no. That requires a thorough investigation and multiple court hearings. It's called Due Process. It is one of many reasons why the backlog of cases that have actually been pursued by the INS is so prolific and takes so long to see to fruition.) And yes, people have been improperly deported before, so there is no reason to believe it will not happen again. The problem is how the officer gets to the "no ID part". (So are you trying to say that someones skin color should exempt them from doing what every other citizen of this country is required to do? Because that would be a racist policy that puts the onus on all the people who are doing the right thing to begin with.) That is where "racial profiling" comes into play. And, in all honesty, I have thoughts both pro and con with respect to "racial profiling", but the line between "racial profiling" and "racial bias" gets very thin - which, again, is the major concern with the new Arizona law. (AGAIN...for the umpteenth time...MEXICAN or HISPANIC is not a RACE...a different shade of skin than white or black for sure, but still not a RACE. Nor does a race own a language. So if a brown person who does not speak english, but does speak spanish, does not have proper ID...what is your qualm for detaining them to ascertain their citizenship? Arizona shares a border with Mexico. The odds are pretty damn good that a brown-skinned, non-english speaking person WITHOUT proper ID is going to be an illegal immigrant...who deserves to suffer their fate for breaking the law, as any other criminal who comes into contact with law enforcement would. That is called linear logic. You might want to work on yours.)

I won't even go into the whole illegals and crime stuff - but here is some interesting reading with respect to the numbers:

The American Conservative -- His-Panic

Ian

Here's some interesting stats:

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001. This is more than are dying in Afganistan and Iraq combined.

This research describes the characteristics of illegal aliens in the criminal justice system at federal, state, and local levels. A goal of this project is to be as nationally representative as possible, given the limits of existing data sets. The federal-level analysis is based on two data sets, from the Pretrial Services Act Information System (PSAIS) and the U.S. Sentencing Commission (USSC), which are representative of individuals involved in the federal criminal justice system. (The PSAIS contains information on defendants charged with federal offenses whom pretrial service officers interview, investigate, or supervise. The USSC Monitoring Data Base contains information on criminal defendants sentenced according to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984.) The state-level analysis is based on data collected for the SCAAP on the seven states with the most illegal aliens, Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, and Texas (Warren 1997). All of these states except Illinois filed suits to force the federal government to reimburse them for criminal justice costs associated with illegal aliens. The local-level analysis is limited to one site, Cook County, Illinois, and is based on data collected from the INS District Office and the Cook County Department of Corrections.

Key findings
1. How many illegal aliens are there in prison and elsewhere in the criminal justice system?

USSC

In 1995, there were 4,081 illegal aliens sentenced in federal district courts, 11 percent of the total sentenced.
PSAIS

As in the USSC data, in 1995, illegal aliens represented a high share (14.4 percent) of individuals entering the Pretrial Services Act Information System (PSAIS).
SCAAP

The INS identified 14,262 illegal aliens among state prisoners in 1995 from California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Arizona, and New Jersey. INS was unable to determine the legal status of 48 percent of foreign-born prisoners in these states.
California contained a disproportionately large share of illegal alien state prisoners, 71 percent of illegal aliens identified by the INS, which appears to reflect its large share of the resident illegal alien population and the relatively large share of the state's submissions for which the INS was able to determine immigrant/legal status.
Cook County

There were 228 bookings of individuals identified as illegal aliens by the Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDC) between 1994 and 1996.
2. Between 1991 and 1995, how and why has the number of illegal aliens entering the criminal justice system changed?

USSC

The number of illegal aliens sentenced in federal courts increased by 167 percent , compared with 13 percent for citizens. The number of legal aliens declined by 18 percent over this period.
The share of defendants in federal courts who were illegal aliens rose from 4 percent to 11 percent while the share who were legal aliens declined from 12 percent to 9 percent.
The number of illegal aliens sentenced increased for 89 of the 94 federal district courts, for all major offense categories, and for all major country of citizenship groups.
The increase in the number of illegal aliens appears to be partially attributable to improved border enforcement on the Southwest border—where increases were largest; growth in the resident illegal alien population; and improved identification of illegal aliens in the USSC data and by law enforcement officials.
The sharp increase in the number of illegal aliens sentenced is responsible for more than half of the overall increase in the number of defendants sentenced in federal courts and 44 percent in the growth in costs of federal post-sentencing incarceration and supervision.
PSAIS

The number of illegal aliens entering the PSAIS increased by 45 percent, more than the increase for the resident undocumented alien population, 30 percent. Most of the increase occurred between 1994 and 1995.
Almost the entire increase in the number of illegal aliens entering the PSAIS can be explained by an increase in the number of illegal aliens arrested for immigration offenses between 1994 and 1995; most of the new apprehended immigration offenders in 1995 were from California.

3. What types of offenses have illegal aliens been convicted of? How do the types of offenses compare with the general population?

USSC

The major offenses for which illegal aliens were convicted in federal court in 1995 were unlawfully entering the United States (47 percent of the total), drug trafficking (27 percent), other immigration offenses (11 percent) and fraud (5 percent).
Illegal aliens sentenced in federal courts were more likely than legal aliens or U.S. citizens to have at least one prior conviction resulting in a sentence of at least 60 days.
For U.S. citizens and legal aliens, drug trafficking and fraud were the most common major federal offense conviction.
PSAIS

In 1995, illegal aliens were more likely to be charged with an immigration offense (60 percent) or drug trafficking (22 percent) than any other offense. Legal aliens and citizens were most likely to be charged with drug trafficking offenses (50 percent and 35 percent respectively).
SCAAP

The most common offenses for which illegal aliens were convicted were drug offenses in all states except Florida. For states distinguishing among types of drug offenses, drug trafficking was more common than drug possession, except in Texas.
In Florida, the most common offense among illegal aliens in state prisons was murder. Both illegal and legal aliens in Florida were far more likely than aliens in other states to have been convicted of violent offenses against a person.
In Florida, the high share of murders, and other violent crimes against individuals, among illegal aliens cannot be attributed to any one country of origin group. For each major country of origin groups murder and other violent crimes were substantially more common in Florida than they were in the other major immigrant states. The large share of violent offenders in Florida may be related to Florida's policies on deporting criminal aliens.
Cook County

About 14 percent of CCDC illegal aliens have at least one prior conviction.
Like the general CCDC population, the most common charges for illegal aliens are drug offenses. Among illegal aliens, Mexicans are less likely than non-Mexicans to have been charged with drug offenses.

4. What types of illegal aliens are in the criminal justice system? What are their characteristics?

USSC

In 1995, California accounted for more illegal aliens sentenced in federal courts than any other state, 31 percent of the total. Texas had the next highest number of illegal aliens, 18 percent; together these two states accounted for about half of the illegal aliens sentenced. Other states with large number of illegal aliens sentenced were New York, Arizona, Florida, Oregon, and Washington.
Mexicans made up the largest share of illegal aliens sentenced in federal court. The second largest group was Colombians, followed by Dominicans, Jamaicans, and Nigerians. Mexicans dominated in most of the major immigration states, but Colombians were the largest group in New York, Florida, and New Jersey.
Major offenses among illegal aliens differed significantly by country of citizenship. In 1995, Mexicans were the only group for which unlawful entry was the dominant offense. Colombians were the only group for which drug trafficking was the dominant offense and for which a substantial share were convicted of money laundering. Nigerians were the only group for which fraud constituted a major offense.
SCAAP

Mexico was the dominant country of origin among illegal alien state prisoners in Arizona, California, Texas, and Illinois. In New York, Florida, and New Jersey, illegal immigrants from the Caribbean and from Central and South America constituted the largest shares of illegal aliens in state prisons, although in these states no single country or country group dominated.
The vast majority of illegal alien state prisoners entered the United States illegally, rather than entering the country legally and then remaining after their authorized period of stay had expired. Texas and California had the largest share of illegal aliens who entered without inspection—94–95 percent—while shares for Illinois and New Jersey were the lowest—85–86 percent.
Types of offense committed differed by country of origin. Colombians and Dominicans were especially likely to have been imprisoned for drug-related offenses. Among Haitians and Nicaraguans, drug offenses were relatively uncommon.
Cook County

Eighty-five percent of illegal aliens detained by the CCDC were citizens of Mexico. The second most common country of citizenship was Colombia, accounting for 4 percent.
Among Mexican illegal aliens, most are from the interior Mexican states, such as Guerrero, the largest contributor with 12 percent of the total. Few are from states bordering the United States.
Eighty-nine percent of illegal aliens in the CCDC entered the United States entered without inspection. Mexicans were substantially more likely to have entered without inspection than illegal aliens from other countries.
Nearly half of illegal aliens in the CCDC (46 percent) entered the United States at San Ysidio, California near San Diego. Other major points of entry were El Paso, Texas (13 percent), Nogales, Arizona (11 percent), and Laredo, Texas (9 percent).
An overwhelming majority of illegal aliens in the CCDC appear to be U.S. residents. Ninety percent had been in the United States for at least a year; none been in this country for less than a month. Furthermore, 14 percent have one or more U.S. citizen children.
About 8 percent of illegal aliens in the CCDC have already been deported at least once.

5. What are the socioeconomic and demographic characteristics of illegal aliens in prison or in other parts of the criminal justice system? How do they compare with others in the criminal justice system?

USSC

Sentenced illegal aliens, compared with legal aliens and U.S. citizens, were poorer, had lower educational attainment, were younger, were more likely to be Hispanic, were more likely to be male, and were less likely to have dependents.
PSAIS

Illegal aliens entering the PSAIS were less educated, younger, and more likely to be white and Hispanic than legal aliens and citizens. The illegal aliens were more likely to be married than citizens but less likely than legal aliens.
SCAAP

In most states, illegal aliens in state prisons were younger, on average, than legal aliens.
Cook County

Illegal aliens are younger on average than the general CCDC population; 44 percent are under age 25, compared with 32 percent overall.
A majority of illegal aliens in the CCDC are involved in construction trades, most often as laborers.

The criminal alien problem is growing.
Criminal aliens—non-citizens who commit crimes—are a growing threat to public safety and national security, as well as a drain on our scarce criminal justice resources. In 1980, our federal and state prisons housed fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. By the end of 1999, these same prisons housed over 68,000 criminal aliens.1 Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities and a higher share of all federal prison inmates.2 These prisoners represent the fastest growing segment of the federal prison population. Over the past five years, an average of more than 72,000 aliens have been arrested annually on drug charges alone. New issue paper.

Continued illegal immigration aggravates the problem.
Despite the Border Patrol making over one million apprehensions last year, they estimate they miss two or more illegal bordercrossers for every apprehension. Most enter for short periods, but there is an estimated net increase of about 300,000 a year from illegal bordercrossers who stay. An additional net increase of 200,000 comes from people who enter legally as nonimmigrants and then violate their status. Among the alien federal prisoners, over half (55 percent) were illegally in the United States at the time of their conviction.

Administering justice to criminal aliens costs the taxpayer dearly.
Incarceration of criminal aliens cost an estimated $624 million to state prisons (1999) and $891 million to federal prisons (2002), according to the most recent available figure from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

The New York State Senate Committee on Cities estimates that the annual criminal justice costs for criminal aliens in New York is $270 million. The Committee has called for a national moratorium on immigration to help alleviate this problem.3 According to the Illinois Governor’s Office, Illinois spends over $40 million just on the incarceration of criminal aliens. The cost to Florida’s judicial and correction system for criminal aliens was $73 million in 1993. 4 In 1988, there were 5,500 illegal immigrants in California’s prisons. By fiscal year 1994- 1995, that is estimated to have increased to more than 18,000 illegal immigrants in state prisons—a three-fold increase. California taxpayers have spent over a billion dollars in the last five years to keep these convicted felons in prison, and the FY 9495 cost of incarcerating these offenders exceeded $375 million.5 The federal government has begun to reimburse heavily alien-impacted states for some of the costs of illegal alien prisoners in their state prisons. For 1996, Congress appropriated $300 million for this program.

Many criminal aliens are released into our society to commit crimes again.
Too often, criminal aliens are not identified in local and state jails, the INS is not informed of their presence, detention facilities are not available when they are released, they fail to report for deportation, or they return to the United States after deportation. In March 2000, Congress made public Department of Justice statistics showing that, over the previous five years, the INS had released over 35,000 criminal aliens instead of deporting them. Over 11,000 of those released went on to commit serious crimes, over 1,800 of which were violent ones (including 98 homicides, 142 sexual assaults, and 44 kidnappings). In 2001, thanks to a decision by the Supreme Court, the INS was forced to release into our society over 3,000 criminal aliens (who collectively had been convicted of 125 homicides, 387 sex offenses, and 772 assault charges).6

What can be done?
We must secure our borders. Denying jobs to illegal aliens through a centralized secure identity verification system is important to that effort.
We must assure that the criminal conviction of an alien leads to deportation and permanent exclusion from the United States.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
We must secure our borders.

I think we all agree about that!

What can be done?...Denying jobs to illegal aliens through a centralized secure identity verification system is important to that effort.

We can do that!

What can be done?....We must assure that the criminal conviction of an alien leads to deportation and permanent exclusion from the United States.

We can't (or, more accurately, WON'T ) do that......unless our current crop of politicians grow some balls and decide to really defend our borders from unauthorized passage.

We all know that's not going to happen :veryangry: ...

What can be done?

Gotta get the cowards out of office....regardless of political party or conservative/liberal idealogy. We must get representatives in office who have enough courage to do what is best for our country!

Doug

Gotta get the cowards out of office....regardless of political party or conservative/liberal idealogy. We must get representatives in office who have enough courage to do what is best for our country! Quote:

We shall see in November, I don't ever remember seeing the public this involved, somebody woke the giant!

I wonder how many of us are killed by legal citizens. I would venture a guess that we are our worst enemy...

So with that in mind, I guess we don't need homicidal illegal aliens trashing another 12 of us each day. You folks in CA do have a different thought process, don't you!

Back