I never cease to be amazed!

I thought that was really surprising as well. But if he didn't make the speech he would have been castrated at home. But our politicians response to the speech was off-the-chart incredible. They should all be voted out of office, starting with Pelosi.

I have no issue with immigration. Nearly all of us are or were immigrants at some time in history. I am all for legal immigration. But people here illegally should be sent home. No other country in the world, that I am aware of, has such open borders.

I thought that was really surprising as well. But if he didn't make the speech he would have been castrated at home. But our politicians response to the speech was off-the-chart incredible. They should all be voted out of office, starting with Pelosi.

I have no issue with immigration. Nearly all of us are or were immigrants at some time in history. I am all for legal immigration. But people here illegally should be sent home. No other country in the world, that I am aware of, has such open borders.

I agree with you, but I think we probably knew the content of his speech prior to his speaking, and if we were to allow it, it surely shouldn't have been given any kind of ovation. It's time we stopped bowing and public flagellation. We have nothing to apologize for, we have helped and spilled more of our own blood for the world than any country in history. This is a great country, but people should go through legal channels to become citizens, and learn our language and history. Any other country would require that a immigrant be financially responsible.

And we wonder why we have huge deficits

The following information is compiled from Federal Bureau of
Investigation
and Department of Homeland Security reports:

· 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.

· 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal
aliens.

· 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles , Phoenix
and
Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

· 24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are
Mexican nationals

· 40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican
nationals

· 48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are
Mexican nationals

· 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state
and federal
prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

· 53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in
California, New
Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

· 50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal
aliens (Thank you Antonio Villaraigosa, he's the mayor of Los Angeles that wants to boycott Az)

· 71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New
Mexico,
Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or
"transport
Coyotes."

· 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license,
no insurance
and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal
aliens.

· 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no
insurance and
no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

· 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license,
no insurance
and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66%, 98% are illegal
aliens.

· 380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the US to illegal
alien parents
in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens.

· 97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by
the American
taxpayers

We need to close the border and have LEGAL imigration!

Wherever you stand, politically, please take the time to read this.ffice:eek:ffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=
We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. In 2004, there was an immigration overpopulation conference in ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
Washington</st1:City> , <st1:State w:st="on">DC</st1:State> , filled to capacity by many of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor DavisHansen talked about his latest book, 'Mexifornia,' explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.<o:p></o:p>

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> . The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United States</st1:place></st1:country-region>.<o:p></o:p>
He said, 'If you believe that <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region> is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall
and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.''<o:p></o:p>
'Here is how they do it,' Lamm said: 'First, to destroy <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region> , turn <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural
country... History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.'
<st1:country-region w:st="on">Canada</st1:country-region> , <st1:country-region w:st="on">Belgium</st1:country-region> , <st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region> , and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lebanon</st1:place></st1:country-region> all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. <st1:country-region w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cyprus</st1:place></st1:country-region> have divided. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nigeria</st1:place></st1:country-region> suppressed an ethnic rebellion. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France</st1:place></st1:country-region> faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims.'

Lamm went on: 'Second, to destroy <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> , invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

'Third, we could make the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United States</st1:place></st1:country-region> an 'Hispanic Quebec ' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and
multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricy and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us
together.' Lamm said, 'I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.'

'Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.'

'My fifth point for destroying <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> would be to get big foundations and businesses to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology...' I would get all minorities to think that their
lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority group.'

'My sixth plan for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most
historical precept. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Gr! eeks bel ieved that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the
same gods. All <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Greece</st1:place></st1:country-region> took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Persia</st1:place></st1:country-region> , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Greece</st1:place></st1:country-region> fell. 'E. Pluribus Unum'-- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will 'Balkanize' <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> as surely as Kosovo.' <o:p></o:p>
'Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like
'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> a bilingual/bicultural country, having
established multi-culture, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology.' <o:p></o:p>
"I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.'

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, 'Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> . If you feel <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.'

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United States</st1:place></st1:country-region> today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our
educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the <st1:place w:st="on">Third World</st1:place> as corporations create a Third World in
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region> . Take note of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book '1984.' In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: 'War is peace,' 'Freedom is slavery,' and 'Ignorance is strength..'<o:p></o:p>
Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years,
it will rage like a <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.
<o:p>Read it and weep.</o:p>
<o:p>Garry</o:p>
<o:p>PS Verified on snopes.<o:p></o:p></o:p>

Gary, Scary, isn't it! And all of this is being allowed for the VOTE. The politicians ought to be tarred feathered and deported. We are wrecking the US to keep incompetents in office!

The Snopes urban legend checker says the following is true and provides Agent Stoddard’s testimony before Congress in its evaluation that is not included below. Please see: snopes.com: Border Patrol Letter to Bill Frist [sent 5/29/10]

A LETTER FROM A RETIRED BORDER PATROL AGENT:

This letter sent to Tennessee Senator Bill Frist from a retired border patrol agent,
and it has more common sense than all the bull being spewed from the Senate,
with the exception of a few sensible representatives.

Dear Senator Frist:

There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about illegal aliens,
particularly illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan and Honduran aliens.

#1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want US citizenship. Americans are very vain
thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a US citizen. Mexicans, and
other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining
the benefits offered by the United States such as employment, medical care,
instate tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their
offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains
at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans.
What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence without paying
the price.

#2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. Illegal aliens are doing jobs
that Americans can't take and still support their families. Illegal aliens take
low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence home, share expenses and
send money to their home country. There are no jobs that Americans won't
do for a decent wage.

#3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They are NOT
homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their home countries.
They come to send money to their real home as evidenced by the more than 20
billion dollars sent out of the country each year by illegal aliens. These illegal
aliens knowingly and willfully entered this nation in violation of the law and
therefore assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their
alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their children.

#4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy. Illegal aliens constitute less
than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages and benefits for lawful
US residents.

#5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born
Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded by
immigrants (legal immigrants), it is also true that there is not a nation on
this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time or another.

#6. The United States is welcoming to legal immigrants. Illegal aliens are not
immigrants by definition. The US accepts more lawful immigrants every year
than the rest of the world combined.

#7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic vote." Hispanics are white, brown,
black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Republicans, Democrats,
Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The so-called "Hispanic
vote" is a myth. Pandering to illegal aliens to get the Hispanic vote is a dead end.

#8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States . Since 1848 Mexicans have
resented the United States . During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies
to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the US . During World War II Mexico
allowed the Axis powers to spy on the US from Mexico . During the Cold War
Mexico allowed spies hostile to the US to operate freely. The attack on the Twin
Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico . Today Mexican
school children are taught that the US stole California , Arizona , New Mexico
and Texas . If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written
for their school children.

#9. Although some illegal aliens enter this country for a better life, there are 6
billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those live on less than one
dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a valid excuse to break the law and sneak
into America , then let's allow those one billion to come to America and we'll turn
the USA into a Third World nation overnight. Besides, there are 280 million native
born Americans who want a better life. I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald Trump want
a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since when is wanting a better
life a good reason to trash another nation?

#10. There is a labor shortage in this country. This is a lie. There are hundreds
of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives, senior citizens, students,
unemployed and underemployed who would gladly take jobs at a decent wage.

#11. It is racist to want secure borders. What is racist about wanting secure
borders and a secure America ? What is racist about not wanting people to sneak
into America and steal benefits we have set aside for legal aliens, senior citizens,
children and other legal residents? What is it about race that entitles people to
violate our laws, steal identities, and take the American Dream without paying
the price? For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure
our borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These
politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society has
resulted. This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be high. There has
already been riots in the streets by illegal aliens and their supporters. There will
be more. You, as a politician, have a choice to offend the illegal aliens who have
stolen into this country and demanded the rights afforded to US citizens or to
offend those of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep
either way. There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do you have the
courage to do what is right for America ? Or, will you bow to the wants and needs
of those who don't even have the right to remain here? There will be a reckoning.

It will come in November of this year, again in 2012 and yet again in 2014. We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and thieves.

David J. Stoddard
US Border Patrol (RET)
Hereford, Arizona

Al, +1 to this fine American. I have heard the same sentiments being expressed by American born Hispanics that are good friends of mine. Unforntuately, their voice is shouted down by the loud illegal protesters and their politician friends.
Garry

Al I got an infraction for reposting the info you supplied on another site (BMW forums are full of cool aide drinkers) :laugh:. I have started to appreciate this site more and more each day.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al, +1 to this fine American. I have heard the same sentiments being expressed by American born Hispanics that are good friends of mine. Unforntuately, their voice is shouted down by the loud illegal protesters and their politician friends.
Garry<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Surely you all know that people who are citizens of Mexican, Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras are Americans.

Let me help you who are geographicly challenged. We live in North America, they live in Central America and Brazil is in South America.

All the people you speak of are "Americans".

If you all know so much why do you not know this?

Jim,

Your point is a red herring.

Everyone knows what is intended by the use of "Americans." It is much easier to type and say than "citizen of the United States of America."

I wouldn't assume that any of the preivous posters are that geographically challenged. In fact, I suspect several of them are quite well-traveled.

As for myself, I've traveled North and South America, Scandinavia, Europe and China...I'd dare say that nobody treats their immigrants and visitors (legal and illegal) as well as the US does.

You just try and overstay your VISA in just about any other country and see what happens. I think I may be banned from Sweden...I haven't checked in a while.

Howard Jones

Supporter
There is only one country named America. Period! If there wasn't a America there wouldn't be any central, south, other. Those other places share our name because it describes their geographical relation to us. Not the other way around.

Howard Jones

Supporter
There is only one country named America. Period! If there wasn't a America there wouldn't be any central, south, other. Those other places share our name because it describes their geographical relation to us. Not the other way around.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You guys all worship Milton Friedman right? Economic architect (among others) of the "Reagan Revolution?" (I actaully like the guy, smart and mostly apolitical). So you clearly couldn't disagree with him here:

You had a flood of immigrants, millions of them, coming to this country. What brought them here? It was the hope for a better life for them and their children. And, in the main, they succeeded. It is hard to find any century in history, in which so large a number of people experience so great an improvement in the conditions of their life, in the opportunities open to them, as in the period of the 19th and early 20th century.

You will find that hardly a soul who will say that it was a bad thing. Almost everybody will say it was a good thing. ‘But what about today? Do you think we should have free immigration?’ ‘Oh, no,’ they’ll say, ‘We couldn’t possibly have free immigration today. Why, that would flood us with immigrants from India, and God knows where. We’d be driven down to a bare subsistence level.’”

“What’s the difference? How can people be so inconsistent? Why is it that free immigration was a good thing before 1914 and free immigration is a bad thing today? Well, there is a sense in which that answer is right. There’s a sense in which free immigration, in the same sense as we had it before 1914 is not possible today. Why not? “

Because it is one thing to have free immigration to jobs. It is another thing to have free immigration to welfare. And you cannot have both. If you have a welfare state, if you have a state in which every resident is promised a certain minimal level of income, or a minimum level of subsistence, regardless of whether he works or not, produces it or not. Then it really is an impossible thing.

Look, for example, at the obvious, immediate, practical example of illegal Mexican immigration. Now, that Mexican immigration, over the border, is a good thing. It’s a good thing for the illegal immigrants. It’s a good thing for the United States. It’s a good thing for the citizens of the country. But, it’s only good so long as its illegal.

That’s an interesting paradox to think about. Make it legal and it’s no good. Why? Because as long as it’s illegal the people who come in do not qualify for welfare, they don’t qualify for social security, they don’t qualify for the other myriad of benefits that we pour out from our left pocket to our right pocket. So long as they don’t qualify they migrate to jobs. They take jobs that most residents of this country are unwilling to take. They provide employers with the kind of workers that they cannot get. They’re hard workers, they’re good workers, and they are clearly better off.

Back