It has to be said....

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Frank,
I'm sorry, but building a kit car is not living on the fringes of innovation and real Engineers don't work in sheds at the bottom of the garden, it doesn't pay well.
You need to get colour television.

Stuart,
I don't think that this forum is a 24 hour Call Centre, nor is it some kind of tabernacle.
Was it your initial expectation to buy a chassis and receive a composition of knowledge from a few free* web sites on how to complete it ?
I am a novice and have many questions which I doubt will ever be answered right here and now, because some people just don't have the time - fact.

There is more to life than GT40 web sites, for instance some people get up at 5am for work and come home at 8pm tired, so to be trite, sometimes they know the answer but just can't be arsed, just the same as everybody else focussing on what is really important to them at any one time.
But, if they can help and they have the time, then most will truely try.

If advise is given freely then we should thank the people who have contributed their time to providing solutions or knowledge. After all, it saves you time.
If it is not forthcoming, then tuff titty - get real, accept it and move on.
As for me, I just go fishing.

* Have you made a voluntary donation recently for your free encyclopaedia ?

James, fair comment, it`s not a 24 hour Call Centre or some kind of tabernacle and a that`s gotta be valid reason for getting more info on the site if it`s possible. If people can`t be arsed to answer it wouldn`t be a problem because the info would probably be there anyway and half the questions wouldn`t get asked in the first place.

Having bought an unstarted kit made by a company that shut shop a long time ago I was fully aware that I`d got myself a virtual scratch build and went in eyes wide open.
Then I made matters worse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still, you gotta have a hobby... I used to go fishing with the old man when I was a kid but hypothermia took it`s toll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Stuart,
It sounds like you need to get back to it.
I'm older now, so there's no putting up with hypothermia these days, my flyfishing trips usually have hot springs nearby like Montana or Japan for instance.
Hey ! this could turn into another one of those worthless "Off Topic Post" like all this dung recently about cricket.
Wishing you good fortune with your chassis and I am confident that the guys on this forum will help as best they can.
See what I mean ?
Stay cool!

I'm fairly new here,as I haven't recived my RF yet. I have noticed this is a great forum,it's just not as busy as say Cobra Forums that I came from.That's because there is a much smaller group of people working on these,as more get into to GT-40s this forum will grow and grow.The few ?s I have asked were answered fairly quikly. One of the reasons I am building a GT-40 is to be differant,I'm on my third Cobra now,If I go to any cruise or show there is always at least a few others there.So I expected this to be harder,that's the challenge.If everything is easy it loses something and anybody could do it.I think as more GT40 builds get going this Forum will grow like crazy,but I never expect it to be like the Cobra Forums.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
One issue for me that hasn't been mentioned yet.I go to a lot of trouble to answer questions on this forum as honestly and with a lot of info I compiled during my build and with maintanence.Then to see in later posts the recipient has not only not taken your advice but moved off in another direction.Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but you keep going because you may die with a lot of knowledge and I believe you have to put back in.
Ross

I have to say that I've found this to be a great forum and have enjoyed meeting many of you. If any of you should find yourself at Pebble next Sunday I'll be there with my Duesey
J446. (Article in Octane. Article on J6 in Auto Aficionado)

I would personally like to thank everyone that has contributed to the site. I have been reading (and learning) from the Forum for about a year.

It is through this group that I have made my own decisions about how to proceed with building my car along with the many contacts that I never would have made otherwise. I have made friends online in many parts of the world (that I have never met in person), but have bent over backward to help me.

I have heard people criticize the Forum in a lot of different ways, some on the flow of information, some on the price of the cars and on and on. This Forum is but one resource (among many) in piecing together information on the cars we love.

My budget is probably more limited than most, but that hasn't prevented me from buying individual parts and pieces so that one day (hopefully in the not too distant future) I can build my dream car. Nobody said it would be easy, but most people would say I have a screw loose to think I could, or would want to build a car from scratch anyway.

It's all about the challenge of finding a '65 289 in a salvage yard, or an old pair of SW fuel pumps that look as good rebuilt as the day they were originally sold.

My hats off to you gentlemen, and you are that.

Back