LMP Update ?

Now Ron, maybe that is his name and his mother didn't like him. BUT, yes updates? I realize and understand that your not racing currently but anything new? Any new builds?

Sorry Ron, I thought my name in the upper left was sufficient my bad. Luke my name is Kort so maybe your right about my mother. How do I unsubscribe.

Kort

No evil intended. Just tongue and cheek. Please forgive any misaligned humor or bad feelings. My apologies.

SLC on back burner since I picked up a GT2 for multi-use track/street use . SO the LMP is looking more like a choice for me as it will assemble quicker for track use.

I have always thought that F1 race cars had the most restrictive view from a driver's perspective. One sits so unbelievably low that the driver can just barely see anything over the steering wheel. In the LMP1 the driver does sit higher up, but the padded rollbar braces look to be just a 'wee' bit restrictive to a driver's peripheral vision?

LMP1
9442219019_cc32b46576_o.jpg

524736_573296016034019_1386536484_n.jpg

F1 race car
Hamilton-Mercedes-pole.jpg

I have always thought that F1 race cars had the most restrictive view from a driver's perspective. One sits so unbelievably low that the driver can just barely see anything over the steering wheel. In the LMP1 the driver does sit higher up, but the padded rollbar braces look to be just a 'wee' bit restrictive to a driver's peripheral vision?

LMP1
9442219019_cc32b46576_o.jpg

524736_573296016034019_1386536484_n.jpg

F1 race car
Hamilton-Mercedes-pole.jpg

Good question! It does look that way from pictures but it's not restrictive at all. Although I'm a little shorter than average height, I actually sit a lot higher up than any co-driver I've ever driven with (even Boris Said and his hair). Even with the angle I'm sitting at, my eyes are actually below the sight-line of the bars to my left and right allowing me to see freely both directions. Fran is trying to get me to sit lower (to fit more normally) but my NASCAR seating style habits are hard to break. :laugh:

Also, with most racing series nowadays, you will be forced to wear a HANS or similar head and neck restraint. These will minimize the amount you can turn your head left to right, so even if the bars were blocking the way, I don't think it would matter much. I know that if I'm ever looking that far left or right, I've done something wrong. Mirrors are in a good position on the LMP and allow for good vision as well.

Ryan, you're not that short! I also prefer a more upright driving position, but for different reasons. Kick butt at RA, I know you will do well again.

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
[Also, with most racing series nowadays, you will be forced to wear a HANS or similar head and neck restraint. /QUOTE]

If anyone gets in this car, or a similar car, without a HANS device, they should be black-flagged before they hit the first corner! It restricts the mobility of your head,...... for a reason. Similarly, the support braces may possibly restrict your visual field slightly, ......but they are there for a very important reason.

Fran, if you need some black zip-ties for that roll cage padding, I will send you some, (just kidding, I know it was a time-line issue).

In regard to my own build: A big box arrived at my house today, containing an LS376/525. The Dailey Dry Sump arrived last week. I wanted to hang the billet pan and pump on my living-room wall as a piece of art, but my wife didn't appreciate the artistic appeal. I had to hang it on the wall of my garage instead. That works!

Looking forward to the report from the track testing.

Everything about this car is serious......Serious Fun!.....(Both words are important).

Back