"Massive Power" Chris Barries new show.

Today a few members of the enthusiasts club including myself were asked to give a GT40 demonstration on the Longcross test track that would be filmed. Also needed was a car to be driven by Chris barrie around the track and also out of the building that many years ago was home to Ford Advanced Vehicles in Slough. I agreed to let them use my car so wondered down to the track this morning. Chris is famous from among other things, The Red Dwarf series as "Rimmer" and a The Brittas Empire TV Series. Handing your car over to a celebrity is a little daunting but he was very respectful and drove very carefully. The new show as far as I understood was called "Massive Power" - a continuation of the last series "Massive Engines". It was great to have a look around the old FAV building and also how close the Lola workshop was - 2 doors away. Most of the buildings are still used by car related engineering companies to this day. The series should be aired on Discovery in a few months and I have been promised a DVD of the final edit. Here's a few shots I took today.

Attachments

• ChrisBarrie1.jpg
    ChrisBarrie1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 864

Keith

Chris Barrie is a cool guy - a true enthusiast....

Great opportunity Paul, and nice pics. Takes me back to '66. I was working for John Surtees then, and Honda had a facility next door to FAV and it was here they shipped in a very special Honda S600 for Johns brother Norman to race in the BRSCC British Sports Car Championship. While I was waiting for the Honda to be sorted prior to me towing it back to base in Croydon, I got sort of "lost" in the GT40 production line!

Happy days....:)

Nice Ride

Hi Paul

Cool pics. it is hard to appreciate how nice your car is based on the photo in your avatar. You should post a few more in the gallery, you have a beauty.

Cheers

Jack

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Paul. How proud did you feel when you first watched that???

I have enjoyed watching your build thread and what better way to have shown the world the fruits of your labour?

It felt pretty good watching it - we had a fair bit of fun doing the filming. When Chris is doing the shots in the car he obviosly was driving but all of the other bits where you can't see into the cockpit are me including the little wheelspin ;)

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Great link, Paul - and what a beautiful car! You should be proud.

The video is just what was needed on a cold wet grey Northwest afternoon... not to mention one more reason to get out to the garage and get the RCR finished!

Best,

T.

I wonder how many other cars used in tv shows are not quite the real thing. Mind you your car looks better than an original anyway! I did a tv show this year where 2 teams of fat people had to pull 2 of our hunter jets down the runway, it was all fixed the boys team had 2 tons of fuel more than the girls plane. same as top gear races i.e. beat the plane London to Verbier how the car can keep jumping from halfway up the mountain to the valley floor again is anybodys guess..... blah blah blah Its nice to see your car on film, helps keep the dream alive. Good job you didn't have the original wheels on it that day Is it really 200mph+ capable :-o !

I watched a TV show the other night about the 100 greatest TV Cars blah blah. Apparently the Ferrari Daytona in Miami Vice was a replica.

Mark Pickford said:
I watched a TV show the other night about the 100 greatest TV Cars blah blah. Apparently the Ferrari Daytona in Miami Vice was a replica.
I always thought it was a converted Corvette. Apparently Ferrari not wishing to miss an opportunity for publicity did relent and lend the series a real Tessa Rossa (1980 vintage).
Regards Allan

Back