My 'completed' GT40 resto....

Andrew

Supporter
I really need to update my build log as it's rather out of day BUT in the mean time I thought I'd put up a few photos of my freshly rebuild Tornado TS40, it's been a hard 2 year resto with mw putting in around 1500 hours

I went to a cars & coffee a couple weekends ago and the events pro snapper was kind enough to spend a bit of time getting some nice shots of it

DSC_1870-Enhanced.jpg

DSC_2204-Edit.jpg

DSC_1911-Edit.jpg

DSC_1917.jpg

DSC_1918.jpg

DSC_1920.jpg

DSC_1922.jpg

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Andrew - you’ve done an absolutely brilliant job in the recreation of this beautiful GT. And to top it off, it’s my favorite GT color of Linden Green…
Thank you for sharing your build with us here on GT40s and I hope you love and enjoy your GT for many years to come…

Andrew, absolutely fabulous job and EXACTLY how I would like my perfect GT40 to be….we might have to agree to disagree over the interior as I would have soundproofed and carpeted the cr4p out of it……but hey, it’s not my car.
All that time you’ve spent on it, now enjoy it. Early Sunday morning breakfast trips are my favourite way of enjoying my Cobra….7-7.30 start, driving in the countryside with very few cars around just me and some bikers…try it, it’s glorious!

Andrew

Supporter
I would have soundproofed and carpeted the cr4p out of it……but hey, it’s not my car.

That was my initial plan to be honest but as the build evolved and I started making the ali panels for the interior I thought it would be a nice touch to have them exposed :)

I'm really enjoying your videos. Andy S told me about them yesterday and as the better half was out last night, I managed to put quite a dent in the back catalogue. I'm on the search for a car, built or part built and now every on I look at, I look at the panelling and think that's not as nice as Andrews!! lol

Andrew

Supporter
I'm really enjoying your videos. Andy S told me about them yesterday and as the better half was out last night, I managed to put quite a dent in the back catalogue. I'm on the search for a car, built or part built and now every on I look at, I look at the panelling and think that's not as nice as Andrews!! lol

Hi Duncan, thanks for the compliments, there was a HUGE amount of time and effort put into the panelling, I certainly don't think there's anther Tornado built like mine :)

Happy hunting! I hope you find a good project to get stuck into!

Back