My First Big Step to GT40 Ownership

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Well, the Lotus Esprit is on eBay and so far, the bidding is going well. This is a big step as I need the room and the funds from the sale to move forward with a GT40. I've spent many years, more hours than I care to think about and a LOT of money getting the Esprit into its current condition. I hope it sells for a fair price and that it goes to someone who will appreciate it. My dream is getting nearer to reality!
Dave Lindemann

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey Dave,

I'm right there with you... For the past year I have been busting my butt on a fixer house which has consumed virtually ALL my free time. It went on the market 4/10 and I had an offer ~4 days later. That one fell through. What a tease that was...

It went back on and got another offer a few days later. I'm currently working through the repair addendum issues, which actually look like they will be wrapped up in the next few days and we close at the end of June. I am quietly and cautiously holding my breath. I may finally be able to pull the trigger...

The next step for me will be finding a house in AZ (just moved to Arizona from Oregon) and then...

I hate having discipline and self control as life could be a lot more fun, but this way it'll be fun AND paid for...

Hang in there.

Chris

PS - This may be a link to the listing if you're curoius:

click here for lisitng

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Chris -
Good luck with the sale of your house! I used to live in Washington and covered WA and OR as part of my territory. Beautiful area - too bad it rains so much and so many people have relocated there (especially Seattle). The rain and traffic were two main reasons I moved back to Minnesota. AZ should be a nice change for you.

Today is the last day for my Lotus listing on eBay. It started out OK but bidding has stalled - and well below my reserve. I'm not trying to get ALL of my time and money out of the car but I'd like a reasonable price for it. It's looking like I'll need to re-list it or just hang onto it and increase my rate of saving for the GT40.

Dave Lindemann
(Hoping bidding picks up!)

Back