My RCR "DPE-962X" 8500 RPM -1500HP Engine Build *lots of pics*

Brett...here ya go..

I have a turn key 467cu SB2 in a Lola T70 MK3b here at the shop that makes 807hp on E85...beautiful car and its for sale as the owner traded it in against a new SL-C...
Mesa...when installing a lift kit from scratch on an SL-C we use a longer shock to allow more droop...

Attachments

• DSCF2707.JPG
    DSCF2707.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • DSCF2710.JPG
    DSCF2710.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 988
Have you thought of just running E85 as a sole source of fuel?
You get the availability and price of regular pump fuel and the higher octane rating of race gas plus the additional benefit of a cooler intake charge.

I know, and it makes me sad to think about someone with the courage to be different and the resources to make it happen that you'd "settle" on a LS based engine when a turbo charged 4-rotor making the same power and 2k more rpm could be had for less :D

Dave,

I did consider E85 for the cooler intake charge alone because of the turbos. I have a gas station 5 minutes away though that sells Sunoco 114 from California in the Summer months. The owner is a racer himself so I know it's fresh fuel. I do have some of my friends use E85 in their LSX powered drag cars with great results.

My thought was, If I decide later, I can always use E85 in the tank(s) and run it straight or mixed with just a different tune.

I will most likely have to go with almost straight race fuel to get the cars peak HP numbers and then back it off and flash a new tune for the street.

There are many fueling options this system should give me. Here are a few I'm considering writing tunes for.
I would only have to flash in a new tune for the corresponding fuel and boost level which would be pre-written using the dyno and stored on my laptop.

1. All 93 pump fuel
2. All 116 race fuel
3. All E85
4. 93 + E85
5. 93 + 116

Dave,

I don't "settle" , that's why I'm still single. I chose LS because of it's proven reliability. Please don't be an LS hater... :thumbsup:

Besides, I like my motors to last more than a few tank fulls of hard runs. :lipsrsealed:
All in good humor :thumbsup:

Brett...here ya go..

I have a turn key 467cu SB2 in a Lola T70 MK3b here at the shop that makes 807hp on E85...beautiful car and its for sale as the owner traded it in against a new SL-C...
Mesa...when installing a lift kit from scratch on an SL-C we use a longer shock to allow more droop...

Fran that is sweet !!!!!
Man I love the size of that thing.

The shots of the body in white make it look like a full size model kit :) I wonder what the can of Testors model paint will look like?

The long shot looks like Santa's workshop after New Years....all the elves are at home passed out from eggnog overdoses.

Fran: Since I do not know, how much lift is available at the front of the splitter with the longer shock? I imagine it will be the same number for the SLC/962

Keith

Brett...here ya go..

Nice (MKII) Daimler Fran. Is it a 'Jagified' 6 cyl version or the very sweet 2.5 litre V8 Hemi?

Funny thing is you will both empty your fuel tanks at the same rate...

About 2.9 gallons / minute @ 1800hp

Assuming throttle is wide open, you would run out of gas in 9.3 minutes with a 27 gal tank burning roughly $ 21.77 a minute in race fuel. :laugh2:

Let every man (and woman) seek out their dreams....speaking of dreams...lets all just take a look at the picture above Fran posted (#101)...is that not a dream garage shot or what!

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Fran,

Am I too late to change engine choices on my own 962c? For now the M120/275 6.0 will do the trick, but am worried that like most things Mercedes it is a boat anchor of an engine as far as weight. I've looked into a Porsche 930 motor, 996 TT, possibly a turbocharge Hartley 3.2L.

Mercedes should have the nickname Panzerwagen not Porsche (just because like you say EVERYTHING on a Merc is heavy).

A 996TT....that woukd make a sweet package.

Fran,

Am I too late to change engine choices on my own 962c? For now the M120/275 6.0 will do the trick, but am worried that like most things Mercedes it is a boat anchor of an engine as far as weight. I've looked into a Porsche 930 motor, 996 TT, possibly a turbocharge Hartley 3.2L.

I found an 80's 911 complete car that had been converted to a twin turbo, I think a 3.6 but not sure, believe a 4sp transaxle for $19,995.

Hell of a deal for someone looking for a donor engine and transmission, where you could run it before the purchase....

Although I personally like the Subie's, it's just wrong for a 962 IMO.
Imagine, you would have to call it a Porschuru...

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Gentlemen,

I am considering a myriad of options. Though I believe the Merc engine may not be too heavy since it's all aluminum. I did; however, find a used Carrera GT motor on ebay for a low price of 128,000 USD buy it now option LOL. I am looking into the 928 5.0 V8 with a Kuhn twin turbo package. Also a bored 997 motor out to 4 or 4.2 liters. With a porsche or Audi I'm only really going to make big power with forced induction. I have it easy with my LS6 and 7 motors. 600 ponies out of my 5.7 LS6 and just heads n cam. Nearly 700 with the same if I did the LS7.

It'd be funny to drive down the road and sound like a WRX STI :) Though people would stop laughing when the twin turbos put it to 600+ hp.

It'd be funny to drive down the road and sound like a WRX STI :)

Dusty ,that would be a sin .... :bigcry:

I call them cars mailbox racers.

The only time they want to race is when you are at a dead stop because they have four wheel drive. Then when you finally get traction and are ready to smoke past by them ( next mailbox ) , they let off the gas with a smile thinking they smoked you .. :laugh:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Twin Turbo 4-Rotor 26b custom engine. Won't weight anything, makes huge power, sounds like an F1 car.

Just an option for you there Dusty. I priced one out through Pineapple Racing a few years back and it came to about $18k ready for the turbos. Figure you put a couple of decent turbos on there for $1200 each and you're at about $20k for a crazy motor.

Back