New Ford GT at Geelong

There is a new Ford GT on display at the Ford Discovery Centre in Geelong Victoria if anyone is interested. They say it will be there over the summer break. Regards Norman

Thanks Norman. Believe it or not I read about that in local Gold Coast paper. My eyes nearly popped out of my head as I thought it must have been local, but was disappointed when it said Geelong.

I expect it will appear up here at Brisbane motor show in Feb. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Well I'm hoping it will do the rounds.

I'm assuming that GT is owned by Ford Australia. I wonder what will eventually happen to this car, will it be sold locally or shipped back to the US.

In today's paper it states that the Ford GT will be at Geelong until the 28th of Jan. So it looks like it may be on it's way after that to Brisbane for the Motor Show. Regards

2005 Brisbane Motor Show is Feb 4 - 13.

Thanks Norman, looks like that would be just enough time to ship it up here and set it up in the Ford stand. Fingers crossed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm guessing the local papers/tv will advertise it's attendance.

Just read confirmation that the Ford GT is a definite for Brisbane Motor Show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Local paper also confirmed that Craig Parry(Aus) has received his Ford GT for winning Doral Golf tournament. Which I already knew.

Interesting, was the fact that it confirmed that a few Aussies have private orders in for them. Hmm.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: New Ford GT at Brisbane

The new Ford GT is at Brisbane motor show now along with various rivals-Ferrari--Koenigseg-Mercedes- Porsche, etc.

The local Fords have a "Tornado" and a "Typhoon" --can't wait to see what the "Tsunami" looks like- oops! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popped in to see the new Ford GT last night. Well worth it and I reckon the only chance I will get to see one.

Good show, lots of drool cars, even an Enzo Ferrari.

Oh and I got to see my first REAL 427 Cobra(CSX3150). Nobody else paid any attention to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It was even right hand drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Went to the Brisbane show today and made straight to the Ford Stand. I'll say this and then duck. The GT just didn't grab me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Nice car, nice display, but no chemistry for me.Can't put my finger on it just overall impression.
On the other hand The Enzo, WOW. I shall now standby to crash and burn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

a friend of mine suggested the GT is "all go and no show", which i thought was amusing. it's a car that looks much better in pictures than in person, imo. i haven't had the good fortune to drive one yet, but i was able to spend about half an hour with one - looking over it carefully, sitting in it, playing with the controls, etc. i'm less enamored of the car now than i was. though folks have suggested that 90 seconds behind the wheel will make a believer out of even the harshest critic - who knows.

doody.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Shame about the Cobra, everyone was using it as a seat to watch the video of Jeremy in the Keonigseg.The Enzo and F40 still look impressive ,the Bentley --concepts from Toyota and Hyundai(good grief) but NO BMWs or Porsches?
The mob seemed fairly interested in high powered sports cars and motor bikes while everything else was pretty much HO HUM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif---me? was pretty much interested in those gorgeous little sweetys minding the stands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The new GT, Yes I would love to have one, however I think the color scheme would be more suited to a Fairlane not a sports car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back