a nice jacket to keep u warm

Attachments

• 55323-lady_gp.jpg
    55323-lady_gp.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 324
Kalun,

Fluorescent it shall be then!

The plan is to have 6 double 4's, 4 double 8's, and another

3 double 4's over the 2 workbenches. I'll need sunglasses!

The 4's and 8's will be switched separately, as will the

4's above the workbenches.

Bill

Bill;

If you have the space (land) make the garage as big as possible. You just canot have enough space and not for junk. I am now building a garage of 48' x 60' and can already plan it all out.

Have fun, remember you are planning for the future (retirement) and yr wife will not want you at home just sitting around.

John

John,

If not for the sake of some old growth, silver beech trees,

the new garage would be 24' longer. As it was, the wife

nearly cried, when I took out a couple of dogwoods.

Frank,

Amen!

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Hmmmm, how can this be fair? This man has two GT40s in his garage while I have none. Something is amiss....

Keep the suggestions coming...'cause I'm using 'em too... My new garage has been under construction for a little over a year now.... and I'm gettin' antsy 'cause I wanna start movin' my stuff in... sub-contractors just finished sheetrock installation last Friday, drywall & texture is next... messy messy! (dusty dusty I should say) Hopefully it will be finished by summer time.

btw Bill, I did paint the entire structure bright white before the building was skinned... looks very nice... floors in the shop portion will be light gray, Should be pretty cool when completed.

I've got get a lift too... that will be really nice to have.

mardyn

Attachments

• 55417-MVC-024S.JPG
    55417-MVC-024S.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 331
Paul you are correct that there may have been a small amount of " Vertical Fluid Transfere" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif...I like to justify it like the Black Bird plane , that at rest it likes to " Settle" a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jools, good try! but you did only get it up there by composite photography ! I do however like the new anti speed camera rear number plates, can you get me a pair please?

No April Fool Frank , My car was up there for real!! I don't know what Malc and I were thinking/drinking ( sniffing the octain boost again) , but it seemed like a good idea at the time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I think Malc hopes this will be the only way my 40 will ever finish above his!!
Magic plates...I wish. Can't you knock up some James Bond type rotating ones in that workshop of yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jools

The finished shell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now, on to the interior! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, the siding isn't warbled. Don't know why it appears

that way. It happened when I reduced the size of the photo.

I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I scored a dozen FREE steel cabinets too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bill

Attachments

• 55982-MVC-005F.JPG
    55982-MVC-005F.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 342

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
A church for the GT40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and plenty of room to open doors
'ats neat Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Gents the foundation is in for the new garage and it was suggested that I install lights in the slab under the lift. The electrical supply houses I called did not know what I was talking about. If anyone has a supplier/link for the lights, it would be appreciated. Same goes for anchors or any other suggestions for things to be installed in the slab. Sink and heat have been taken care of. Thanks.

Gregg, here's a link to some information and links you might find helpfull: Lights in the floor [Archive] - The Garage Journal Board

However, I think most of these in-floor lighting products require that the housings and wires are run prior to pouring the slab.

You can install anchors as an after-the-fact item, however, not the recessed type once the slab has been poured. Bosch makes a nice cement drill for around $299.00 that makes quick work of putting in cement anchors.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Cliff. The slab should be poured in a couple of weeks, after the garage is up.

Back