Original MK1 GT40 for sale; Bill&Bob Thread

Re: Original MK1 GT40 for sale

Streatham eh? Posh bastard. I grewed up in Thornton Heath - a mere mutton bone throw from you, through Norbury dahn the A23. Apparently, its the murder capital of Greater London now!

Me Dad, now he WOS a pukka Cockney. Born in 'Igate he wos. Well I assume 'e wos 'cos he reckoned you could 'ear Bow Bells from there.

Yers... :)
My real mom raced D types when she was in school in London.She still had two when she died walking down the street in Woodstock,NY.She had an aneurysm in her head.We had bought Bob Dylans house on Upper Byrdcliffe rd.She was a record producer.I don't know if you've heard the song "Walk away Renee" by a group called the Left Banke.Tommy Brown.Her dad invented the Norden bomb sight.He saved all your Limey asses in the big war.When I had that bad accident in 06,they they a lot of things unrepaired.Number 1 they figured I was dead anyway or hab to live on life support.In 09 I was tired of narcotics so I had a neurostimulator implanted in my spinal cord.When they put the bed up in the recovery room,the nurse put my bed in the upright position and 5 leads tore 9 holes in my spinal cord.I can't describe it.Another helo ride to Wash U. hosp for all kinds of stuff.It's been getting worse ever since.

My real mom raced D types when she was in school in London.She still had two when she died walking down the street in Woodstock,NY.She had an aneurysm in her head.We had bought Bob Dylans house on Upper Byrdcliffe rd.She was a record producer.I don't know if you've heard the song "Walk away Renee" by a group called the Left Banke.Tommy Brown.Her dad invented the Norden bomb sight.He saved all your Limey asses in the big war.When I had that bad accident in 06,they they a lot of things unrepaired.Number 1 they figured I was dead anyway or hab to live on life support.In 09 I was tired of narcotics so I had a neurostimulator implanted in my spinal cord.When they put the bed up in the recovery room,the nurse put my bed in the upright position and 5 leads tore 9 holes in my spinal cord.I can't describe it.Another helo ride to Wash U. hosp for all kinds of stuff.It's been getting worse ever since.
I've done this in 2 posts cause I didn't want this to time out.The Bob refers to my silent and lamented partner,Bob Grossman.Podium at Le Mans in the MK I.He was a Ferrari dealer in Nyack NY.Grossman Motors.He lost the Ferrari part when he went in on the MK I.He sold Jags,Maserati,s,Bentleys,etc.He was glad to see them go.I went from Maranello to the US. to discuss the F1 and 333 engines with our big hero driver.I saw the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life.I quit racing,started a 2 man shop with a buddy from Italy.We built BMW,s Porsches,Lotus,s for other people.We were in Grandview on Hudson,NY.I apologize for any spelling,grammatical errors.I'd just got home from Schaumberg,Il.I'm in so much pain I can hardly see straight.I don't take meds while I'm driving.All I've got left to do is give away my musical equipment L've held on to for years.My youngest is a great guitarist an these guitars and amps are priceless.He just had a baby a month ago.When she,s old enough this junk will put her through college.

Can I have your Ford GT?

Sorry,thats the only thing I'm keeping.And my little dog.Gotta get a cat scan and take some x-rays,fill my prescriptions,take my dog for shots and I'm gone.I noticed on another post,what is trolling?P know what it is fishing,but not interspeak.My brother lived in Telluride.What part are you from,I f you don't mind?

Last edited:

Keith

"Saved all your Limey asses"

You were doing OK until that remark....

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter

Assuming half of what you say is factual, you're still ok in my book.

Interesting family/life. You should have someone do a biography.

Do you have any pictures?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Nederland, its snowing right now. Regarding the FGT... you can't take it with you right? I'd hate to see it used as a delivery device when there are many lesser cars that can provided the same result. Have you considered moving to Colorado and trying some medical marijuana for pain management? There are at least five dispensaries in my little mountain town here. People swear by it!

Sorry,thats the only thing I'm keeping.And my little dog.Gotta get a cat scan and take some x-rays,fill my prescriptions,take my dog for shots and I'm gone.I noticed on another post,what is trolling?P know what it is fishing,but not interspeak.My brother lived in Telluride.What part are you from,I f you don't mind?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Have you considered moving to Colorado and trying some medical marijuana for pain management? There are at least five dispensaries in my little mountain town here. People swear by it!

I know a doctor in MD. who will write the script....

"Saved all your Limey asses"

You were doing OK until that remark....

I meant that in a nice way.We've got Dresden,Hiroshima and Nagasaki on our list of accomplishments.I live in Missouri,not Maryland.It's all true and verifiable if I cared to.
I quit the whole deal in the 70,s after I went to this all American hero,s facility.I got there early on a Saturday morning on co. business,and somebody had left a box containing a cat and about 6 LITTLE kittens.I guess they had a rep in their neighborhood.They proceeded to dip them in a bucket of racing fuel and alky,and lighting them on fire one at a time.I couldn't stop them.I quit.We worked on cars,Jags,Porsche,s BMW,s..F^%king psychos.Between them and the snobs I can't take it to this day.I started racing again in the 80,s.Group B,till they called it off cause too many dumbasses stood in front of race cars.
I met Bob when I bought my first Ferrari from him.A beautiful 63 1/2 Berlinetta Lusso.I bought my last and favorite one from him,too.A 512 BBTI Boxer.What a car.I hate snobs and I hate politics and it seems to be the one thing I can't avoid.And doctors.

Nederland, its snowing right now. Regarding the FGT... you can't take it with you right? I'd hate to see it used as a delivery device when there are many lesser cars that can provided the same result. Have you considered moving to Colorado and trying some medical marijuana for pain management? There are at least five dispensaries in my little mountain town here. People swear by it!

I apologize.I was/am in enough pain that I missed the whole point.I had considered it.I imagine it's a whole lot more refined from when I was a kid.Back then,it made me hungry,tired,and paranoid.Three things I already was.I've got a great story that is 100% true,but you're already sceptical.Me and a friend were walking in Central Park and saw people stepping in goosecrap.One of us decided it looked like hash.So we got a Lancelot Link Secret Chimp lunchbox and a pair of ice tongs.We picked up a whole bunch and took it up on the roof and smashed it flat on tinfoil.We took it to school and sold the hell out of it.We told people we had some good shyt.Ws actually got busted for it in Tompkins Square ParK by undercovers.We thought it was funny till the judge told us there was an Intent To Sell Narcotics felony.We told him we intended to sell duckshyt.The whole courtroom was cracking up.He threw us out.
I tried something called Fentanyl,a three day patch.It knocked me on my ass.

Keith

I apologize.I was/am in enough pain that I missed the whole point.I had considered it.I imagine it's a whole lot more refined from when I was a kid.Back then,it made me hungry,tired,and paranoid.Three things I already was.I've got a great story that is 100% true,but you're already sceptical.Me and a friend were walking in Central Park and saw people stepping in goosecrap.One of us decided it looked like hash.So we got a Lancelot Link Secret Chimp lunchbox and a pair of ice tongs.We picked up a whole bunch and took it up on the roof and smashed it flat on tinfoil.We took it to school and sold the hell out of it.We told people we had some good shyt.Ws actually got busted for it in Tompkins Square ParK by undercovers.We thought it was funny till the judge told us there was an Intent To Sell Narcotics felony.We told him we intended to sell duckshyt.The whole courtroom was cracking up.He threw us out.
I tried something called Fentanyl,a three day patch.It knocked me on my ass.

Well you certainly redeemed yourself. That's hysterical!

Nearly busted my 02 tube reading that. Thanks! Made my day....:laugh:

Well you certainly redeemed yourself. That's hysterical!

Nearly busted my 02 tube reading that. Thanks! Made my day....:laugh:

Oh,man,Colonel......I've one of those machines.I feel for you.About 2 years ago I was working under a car and needed both hands so I stuck The Marlboro in my mouth.The guy I was with said there were sparks coming out of my nose.I had to shut that son of a bitch off.That thing coulda killed somebody.The water in the little bottle evaporated and turned white.

Pretty sure I have worked out who you are Bill, not gonna spill the beans though, been quite amusing watching the rest of these guys trying to get a handle on the way you write, more power to you.:)

Pretty sure I have worked out who you are Bill, not gonna spill the beans though, been quite amusing watching the rest of these guys trying to get a handle on the way you write, more power to you.:)

Have we met?I Think you sound familiar.Paris,Dakkar or MadagascarVLN at the ring?I just got home from the Doc,s.We'll talk later.They were awfully nice to me.It,s scaring the gooseshyt out of me

Keith

Have we met?I Think you sound familiar.Paris,Dakkar or MadagascarVLN at the ring?I just got home from the Doc,s.We'll talk later.They were awfully nice to me.It,s scaring the gooseshyt out of me

Well mine were shyt to me so I wonder where that leaves me? Actively disinterested sums it up. See, I don't have a cool disease, just a nasty, unfixable, life changing, life threatening rapidly deteriorating stuff they can't fix so they ain't bothered.

I want to die a young man's death, not this crap....

Blimey! That's proper thread drift that is!

No Bill , Im from New Zealand and would remember someone with your automotive history if I had, I just put 2&2 together and got something that might be close to 4!
I, like many folk around here can relate to the chats your having with the Doc's etc ( not really chats--they talk, you/we listen:) ). Have no personal experience with the Mary Jane stuff myself, but know a few that have, made their situation easier, cannot see anything wrong with its use in that manner. Our family farm had a few geese that were Xmas day meals, I really cant imagine why anyone would want to smoke / inhale / ingest the "shite" in any form.:)

No Bill , Im from New Zealand and would remember someone with your automotive history if I had, I just put 2&2 together and got something that might be close to 4!
I, like many folk around here can relate to the chats your having with the Doc's etc ( not really chats--they talk, you/we listen:) ). Have no personal experience with the Mary Jane stuff myself, but know a few that have, made their situation easier, cannot see anything wrong with its use in that manner. Our family farm had a few geese that were Xmas day meals, I really cant imagine why anyone would want to smoke / inhale / ingest the "shite" in any form.:)

Hi,It,s no big deal,Just everytime I've sold something,traded,whatever,on the net I end up wishing I hadn't.I've spent a lifetime dealing with people who parked the Pinto across the street at the DairyQueen,then walk in and proceed to tell me all there is to know about Ferrari,s in front of their girlfriend.Spent almost a year at Maranello when Ferrari was insanely angry about the GT 40.Ford spent more than 11 mil. to be told the next morning theu would sell the pass. car division but none of the race cars.Thats the only part Ford wanted.Ferrari spent a fortune trying to spy on The GT program.It was impossible.Ford didn't rvrn Know what was going on.Brabham,Chapman with the Lotus Europa,Lola eventually was the proto.Wyer,Shelby bitching about the condition of the stuff they sent.I got sent to the US to help with the 3.0 F1 and 333 eng.Then came the 917

Colonel,Sir.Don't think for a moment I'm making light of whatever is wrong with you.I'm dying.Not some graceful sunset but the most agonizing thing I can Imagine.Driving a beautiful car as fast as it will go is as close to Heaven as I'll ever get.

Well mine were shyt to me so I wonder where that leaves me? Actively disinterested sums it up. See, I don't have a cool disease, just a nasty, unfixable, life changing, life threatening rapidly deteriorating stuff they can't fix so they ain't bothered.

I want to die a young man's death, not this crap....

Blimey! That's proper thread drift that is!
I wish there is something to do that will help you.I sort of know what you mean,but I don't know your situation.My Doctor spent 45 minutes today talking about my boat and flowers and India.Everything but my health.I had 24 hours prepping my family for this the first time.Weeks or months or whatever is hard this time.I've gotten my affairs in order.I overdid it on the weekend.5am Saturday till 11 pm Sunday,drive to Chicago,sit at a box at auction till Sun.drive 300 miles home towing a 36ft trailer.I didn't take my leg off whole time.
I deal with things by not dealing with them.Ihad 48 hours,couldn't get up.I have a 1 mo. old grand daughter.Isis,ebola,junkies,psycho,s,democrats.I'm not going to be here to protect her.......I still have a lot of stuff I've gotta do.This is not a cool disease.I wouldn't trade this off on anyone.This is how I deal with it.Everybody used to call me 11/10ths. Over the edge ..........FUBAR

Last edited:
Back