Original MK1 GT40 for sale; Bill&Bob Thread

Re: Original MK1 GT40 for sale

they told me the car did a little better than that at Le Mans during practice week.I don't remember if it was Icyx or Ramirez who did it.The big block cars were scary.About 700 lbs heavier.You couldn't keep brakes on em.So many people had the rights to different things you couldn't do anything.Wyer,SApier,S Africa,Brickleberry or whatever it was.I drove almost every Ferrari there was till the mid 80,s and the gt40 was the best car I ever drove.Ford beat Ferrari and every body had a blast.What made it even sweeter was when Shelby was done here came the 917. P3-333,s,P-4,s,nothing worked.So he spent a fortune on F-1,s,The mkI,s got real light in the front end around 200.They cured it with a few cuts in the hood.Worked great.

Keith

they told me the car did a little better than that at Le Mans during practice week.I don't remember if it was Icyx or Ramirez who did it.The big block cars were scary.About 700 lbs heavier.You couldn't keep brakes on em.So many people had the rights to different things you couldn't do anything.Wyer,SApier,S Africa,Brickleberry or whatever it was.I drove almost every Ferrari there was till the mid 80,s and the gt40 was the best car I ever drove.Ford beat Ferrari and every body had a blast.What made it even sweeter was when Shelby was done here came the 917. P3-333,s,P-4,s,nothing worked.So he spent a fortune on F-1,s,The mkI,s got real light in the front end around 200.They cured it with a few cuts in the hood.Worked great.

Well, that's certainly cleared a few things up!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Who is this mystery man? Interesting stories. I can't imagine 241 in a GT40. Where could that be done at the Ring?

Keith

Through the air after rotate speed had been reached I should imagine....:)

Through the air after rotate speed had been reached I should imagine....:)

Hello,Colonel

That's the reason they changed the hood.They got very light and funny? in the front end.On the later II,s and III,s the bigblock was tearing them up.Plus they weighed 700lbs MOL more and the brakes were worthless very soon.I never drove one of the big block cars.In 2006 I got too much air under a Porsche and it came down upside down and very fast.It did indeed Kill me.
If you are truly light infantry,we raise Morgans and Arabians.

Left side of the state.....400 miles from "New New York"

Oh,I get it.We always called it the panhandle.That's one of the places I want to visit on my last go round.Cayuga Lake,the finger lakes,absolutely beautiful.I've never seen Mt.Rushmore,or the inside of the Statue of Liberty,and I grew up in Manhattan.I think I went to Brooklyn twice.I used to cross over it to get to the Island.Brooklyn isn't on my list.This country is changing and I want to see it before it's gone.

The GT40's wouldn't get close to 241.

Sorry.

I don't know where to look.I'll find it.Look up the top speed records at Le Mans for 67/68,69.You put 500hp in an 1800lb car with the right gears and put your foot on the floor

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Oh,I get it.We always called it the panhandle.That's one of the places I want to visit on my last go round.Cayuga Lake,the finger lakes,absolutely beautiful.I've never seen Mt.Rushmore,or the inside of the Statue of Liberty,and I grew up in Manhattan.I think I went to Brooklyn twice.I used to cross over it to get to the Island.Brooklyn isn't on my list.This country is changing and I want to see it before it's gone.

Typical "New Yorker"......anything West of the river is "Injun country" and likely not properly civilized. Why, they don't even have a "Famous, original, real, first genuine Rays Pizza"!!!!

Wow,

Never communicated with a dead guy before....................This "internet thing" is AMAZING!!!!!

Sorry,I had to deal with something.The original ray,s pizza is on 6th ave
and 9th street.If it's on the west side,it sucks.If you've got a GT40 I'll bet you you're talking to a former dead guy.I've got an 06 GT I'll put up.Being dead really sucks.I was working for an Italian company and my partner was a former Ferrari dealer.He never told me outright,but I'm pretty sure they yanked his dealership cause he bought the MK I.He thought it was funny and he could afford it.Ferrari even put a dealership 3 miles up the road.L don't think they ever sold a car when I lived in Nyack.30k services and oil changes was all anybody ever saw them do.
I died in 2006 in a RS America Porsche that we had built for the track.Maybe it happened because I had built the car for petty reasons.My doctor had just bought an 05 911 TT.I went to a couple of PCA deals with him and his buddies.They were all doctors and lawyers,and they thought my Vette was low rent.I built the RSA to eat their lunch.They were more worried about scratching their paint than winning a race.I've hated snobs my whole life..If you want me to tell you how I became dead I will.If I could put up with P Newmans wife telling me to crash and burn while he was driving a Datsun,I can put up with this.
I love the western part of NY state.When I was a kid we had a house on the St, Lawrence and every summer me and my old man would enter Muskie tourney,s in Watertown.Only good memories I have of the guy.

Last edited:

[quote=Bill&Bob;457
I'm not sure Kar Kraft built a MKI in 67.All I remember are II,s

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I love the western part of NY state.When I was a kid we had a house on the St, Lawrence and every summer me and my old man would enter Muskie tourney,s in Watertown.Only good memories I have of the guy.

We call that part of the state "North"......Western would be, well, West!

Punctuation and capitalization, the difference between:
* "Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse" or
* helping your uncle jack off a horse

Back