Original MK1 GT40 for sale; Bill&Bob Thread

Re: Original MK1 GT40 for sale

Isn"t Superformance the Co.That made the one that just went 283?As far as it being the northern or western part of the state,I apologize.I don't know exactly where you're from.In the 60,s and 70,s I worked for Ferrari.I had driven Can-Am and Trans Am.When I was doing Can Am I met a lot of the Lola guys.What turned out to be the prototype GT was basically a Lola car.There were at least 7 or 8 companies trying to get Fords money.He was so pissed at Ferarri for fking him in 63 he was willing to spend anything.He'd aldeady spent 11 mil. on lawyers and accts.When they went to Italy to sign the papers Ferrari told him the competition cars weren't part of the deal.Both F1 and GT.They had decided this the night before the signing.Ford was furious.That was the only reason he wanted the company.He would've spent anything to beat him on the track.Ferarri controlled the FIA.Every time Ford came up with a car,Ferrari was doing all he could to Disqualify it.He got the big blocks disqualified.If it hadn't been for Wyer and the 289,s anb 302,s I'm not sure they ever would have won anything.In my next installment I'll describe how I got killed and quit Ferrari because I saw an American icon do one of the most disgusting things I had ever seen..Feel free to use this time to make snide remarks about punctuation and NY geography

Ron Earp

Admin

Before this goes too much further, first order of business is to comply with Rule #2 of the forum. We don't have shared IDs on GT40s.com, and I'm sure nobody's mama ever named them Bill&Bob.

Thanks.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Isn"t Superformance the Co.That made the one that just went 283?

No,

I believe that was a "Ford GT" from some tuner, not a GT40. There are a lot of Ford GTs running these airport mile speed runs, etc. and they are going quite fast.

I have not seen or heard of a "GT40" topping 220 or so.

I appreciate sarcasm more than most. Should the rest of your stories be similarly lumped?

There was no sarcasm intended.I just didn't know the name of the co. that did it.
As far as being dead,in 06 on my birthday I was racing my RSA against the gt3 I had just bought.I had torn a chunk out of the chin splitter and didn't know it,When I went to pass my other car on a straight,It went airborn.Woke up laying on the ground next to the remains of the car.Paramedic asked if it was ok.I said I'd be better if he wasn't sitting on my chest.Woke up 5 days later on a ventilator.Frac. skull,broken neck,back,shoulders,all ribs,lost left leg below knee,all my ribs were in my lungs.Had a huge incision from neck to crotch.They told me it was so they could put everything back where it belonged.Dr Sakabu in this St Louis hosp. told me I had a 0% chance of survival if they pulled the plug.Talked it over with family and decided to pull plug rather than live on ventilator.I had been dead for over an hour but bagged and cpr..Had torn my diaphragm and couldn't breathe on my own.They pulled the plug and I lived.Been dying slowly for 8 years.Gonna take a trip then put a hole in an overpass going 200 in my titanium gray GT.

I say, this is all jolly interesting but I am waiting for Lord Muck to offer a translation service for readers from the United Kingdom

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

There was no sarcasm intended.I just didn't know the name of the co. that did it.
As far as being dead,in 06 on my birthday I was racing my RSA against the gt3 I had just bought.I had torn a chunk out of the chin splitter and didn't know it,When I went to pass my other car on a straight,It went airborn.Woke up laying on the ground next to the remains of the car.Paramedic asked if it was ok.I said I'd be better if he wasn't sitting on my chest.Woke up 5 days later on a ventilator.Frac. skull,broken neck,back,shoulders,all ribs,lost left leg below knee,all my ribs were in my lungs.Had a huge incision from neck to crotch.They told me it was so they could put everything back where it belonged.Dr Sakabu in this St Louis hosp. told me I had a 0% chance of survival if they pulled the plug.Talked it over with family and decided to pull plug rather than live on ventilator.I had been dead for over an hour but bagged and cpr..Had torn my diaphragm and couldn't breathe on my own.They pulled the plug and I lived.Been dying slowly for 8 years.Gonna take a trip then put a hole in an overpass going 200 in my titanium gray GT.
Intriguing story except for the last part

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I say, this is all jolly interesting but I am waiting for Lord Muck to offer a translation service for readers from the United Kingdom

I knew you guys didn't speak English!!!!

Cockney: Eh, Mate, 'e 'effed 'imself up right good! Right knackered 'imself, 'e did! Still looking for the bollocks 'e lost..........................

Keith

I knew you guys didn't speak English!!!!

Cockney: Eh, Mate, 'e 'effed 'imself up right good! Right knackered 'imself, 'e did! Still looking for the bollocks 'e lost..........................

Rick! You nailed it! :laugh:

Cockney accent is very amusing.Signed up for all of this to sell my Porsche and buy a GT.Got both done and really didn't need this site.Good luck to you all.L'm leaving Friday.Just had it out with my wife and gave a bunch of stuff to my youngest son.

Keith

I really hope you are joking or trolling. If not, please don't do that.

Yes, I'll have to second that Bill & Bob, well both of you really. Have you pictures of the GT?

Just how did you become Bill AND Bob? Or is it a play on 'Billy Bob?' Never understood American naming protocols.

By the way, I am Cockney, but I write a darned sight clearer than wot I speak, innit. And for that, this forum should be bleeding well grateful.

Yers......

Bill&Bob,

You're a lively character with some interesting stuff to say. Please don't do anything fatalistic....at least not before your time, the fine fellas of this site no doubt find your experience and insights interesting, although somewhat surprising in some ways. Keep up the interesting writing and sharing of experience. Please feel free to send it to me in advance if you'd like me to add punctuation here and there.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

I'm confused... Why did you sell the Porsche and get the GT? Was the Porsche not capable of reaching 200mph?

Thanks for the cockney translation Rick (yeah, I am from the smoke - Streatham, not that I'll ever admit to it). Beautifully crafted, I can almost hear the dulcet tones of Dick van Dyke, gor blimey.

Both Bill and Bob (RIP) have been most entertaining. We await further installments with interest :)

Keith

Streatham eh? Posh bastard. I grewed up in Thornton Heath - a mere mutton bone throw from you, through Norbury dahn the A23. Apparently, its the murder capital of Greater London now!

Me Dad, now he WOS a pukka Cockney. Born in 'Igate he wos. Well I assume 'e wos 'cos he reckoned you could 'ear Bow Bells from there.

Yers... :)

Back