Over 92 million Americans out of work force

I'll agree and add cheap energy.

As above but without taking your eye off the ball you need a competitive workforce with incentives to compete in the world markets. As i have already posted this has to start with affordable housing ,cheap transport and low food prices. That in turn makes the poorer a lot wealthier.

Bob

Steve

Supporter
So what would the poverty rate have been if that money had not been spent. Seems to be motivate the rich by giving them more money, motivate the poor by giving them less.

Good question. We'll never really know, however from 1959-1965 it dropped from 22.5% to about 14% with little money spent on social programs. So we had already reached a better point than today without the spending.

Steve

Supporter
As above but without taking your eye off the ball you need a competitive workforce with incentives to compete in the world markets. As i have already posted this has to start with affordable housing ,cheap transport and low food prices. That in turn makes the poorer a lot wealthier.

Bob[/QUOTE

Agreed as well. Add to that affordable and accessible education/training

Another chart to consider for all the President Ronald Reagan haters.

Attachments

• job growth.jpg
    job growth.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 167
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FaH7ATXkWg]Spitting Image- The full presidents brain is missing Ep.1 - YouTube[/ame]

All about Ronald a must watch.

Bob

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Another chart to consider for all the President Ronald Reagan haters.

The chart thar Mr Fechter posted came from a Group called "GOD BLESS AMERICA" who long ago summited bullshit mountain!

Mr fechter failed to note that their two records on unemployment are very similar, the differance is........

Reagan:

Inherited a stagnate economy
No wars to pay for
Inherited only 1/10th of the debt that Obama inherited
A full 50% tax rate for the rich
The Democrats under Tip O'neill worked with him to improve the economy and employment

Obama:

Inherited the worst economy in my lifetime!
Two wars to pay for
10 times Reagans inherited debt
Only 35% tax rate for the rich
Republican under Boener not only would not work with him, they have done EVERYTHING in their power to make things worse!

This data is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing the monthly unemployment rate.

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
Uh, right. Reagan never had a filibuster-proof senate as well as control of the house. Obama had that for 2 years. That's the only way he passed the ACA.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Steve you may want to check your facts.

You said the Obama had a filibuster proof government for TWO YEARS!

As Pat has pointed out, actually Obama had a Fillibuster proof government for two very short periods, totaling approximately 150 Days.

That is how we passed the ACA.

Without the help of the tea party going after Alen Specter, he would not have switched parties and we would not have the ACA.

The Tea Party, the gift that keeps on giving!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Here is some great news, Gallup just released the latest data on Americans without healthcare insurance.

As of May 1, 2014 the percent of uninsured had dropped to 13.4% the lowest percent since they started tracking this in Jan 2008. Down from 15%+ in the third quarter last year.

Plus its even better than it appears, because there are no longer those cheapo health plans that did not meet the minimum requirements.

You know, the ones that they were told they could keep....

But it turns out, some plans were so lacking in basic coverage, they were forced to upgrade to ones that meet the minimum requirements.

So we have more people covered with better coverage, cool!

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Here is some great news, Gallup just released the latest data on Americans without healthcare insurance.

As of May 1, 2014 the percent of uninsured had dropped to 13.4% the lowest percent since they started tracking this in Jan 2008. Down from 15%+ in the third quarter last year.

GEE!!! A 1.6% DROP was acheived (MAYBE...>if< those figures can be believed) at a cost to the rest of us of what, $1.5 trillion tax dollars??? WOW! What a success! And there are STILL 30 million who aren't covered and likely never will be. $1.5 trillion. $1.5...

Plus its even better than it appears, because there are no longer those cheapo health plans that did not meet the minimum requirements.

Translation - People have been forced by law into plans with HIGHER PREMIUMS and HIGHER DEDUCTABLES...and in many cases those policy holders are now paying for types of coverage they can't/won't ever use NOR CAN THEY AFFORD. Why? Because the Obama Admin SAYS SO...that's why. 'No other reason.

You know, the ones that they were told they could keep....

Ya, how about that...

But it turns out some plans were so lacking in basic coverage (lol! Ya...right!), they were >forced< to >upgrade< their plans to ones that meet the minimun requirements (requirements that were simply drempt up by Obama's minions).

Annnnnd, of course we STILL don't really know how many people in that group have really paid for their own coverage vs. how many we're subsidizing...and will continue to subsidize.

Now, I know, I know, I know, Jim. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g I just said is total bull. There's not a shred of truth in any of it. I've just said those things because Obama's black. I know, I know.

G'night all...

You see, Pete, the regime has made it a good thing to be unemployed because B.O.care has made dreams come true!

Jay Carney insisted that because of ObamaCare “individuals will be empowered to make choices about their own lives and livelihoods,” and that they “would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams.”

O.k. I'm confused what has healthcare got to do with the unemployed, I.E. The title of this thread?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
GEE!!! A 1.6% DROP was acheived (MAYBE)
Posted by Larry

Say Larry, you do know that the 1.6% drop in uninsured was not taken against 100%.....

That 1.6% drop was in the 15% who were uninsured.

We had 15%+ uninsured and now we have only 13.4% uninsured.

Thats works out to over a 10% drop in Americans without Health Insurance in just the first few months!

That is an incredable number, millions of Americans now with access to health care....

“The True Measure of Any Society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members”

Last edited:
Well that's a little baffling, 310 million people x 15% = 46.5 million uninsured. 13.4% of 310 million = 41,540,000 uninsured or 4,960,000 that are now insured or roughly 50% of the population of New York City that are now insured that didn't have insurance before. If you live in New York City and all the people are from New York City, that's a lot, over the entire US, that's a pisshole in the snow. Of the roughly 8.5 million that are now signed up that represents over 50%. Who is paying for this miracle?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
My daughter is paying around $200/month...and with an income SO LOW that she does NOT qualify for subsidies. The only benefit she gains from her income being so low is that she would have not been subjected to the penalty if she had not signed up as required.

You can probably guess who is giving her the $$$ to pay her premiums.

Cheers???

Doug

Back