P4 with Maserati V-8?

Attachments

• DSCN2607.jpg
    DSCN2607.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 401

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Wow that place had some sweet cars for sure. I had to catch my breath at the Porsche 935 and 959 pics.

That pic of the P4 replica at Fantasy Junction was built by my friend and his father in Arizona. It uses a 308 v8 and a heavily modified porsche 915 trans. Penski shocks, pushrod suspension, blade style swaybars, ISIS wiring system, A/C, keyless entry, really trick home made quick release windows. It started as one of the NF P4 kits but they modifed so much that it is really their own creation. The attention to detail and the quality of the car is AMAZING. And all done by a father and son in their home workshop. The ONLY thing they didnt do was the paint.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
anybody know why my photos were deleted?
Probably gone or moved within photobucket. The way out is to reduce the photo size to 640x480 or less, and use the little paper-clip button at the top of the editor, and upload the photo from your computer directly to the forum. Described somewhere in the help, I believe.

Jim Carpenter has at least one engine available. He is a manufacture of P4 replica and I own one of his cars. He had called me and asked if I were interested in a spare engine for my car. It is a 1967 V12 from a 330 GT and has been converted to fuel injection. I have been very happy with this engine im my car - good power, great sound, and start right up every time.

Slap that Novitec super-charger and you'll really have a winner.

"Under the hood, Novitec has fitted a centrifugal supercharger and a new exhaust system as well as a remapped ECU, which boosts power from 434 up to a nice, even 600bhp."

35d9hl5.jpg

That, or maybe Fran could jerry-rig a pro-charger to slide on :thumbsup:

...supercharged Maserti powered SL-C has a better ring to it though...

BDP

CURRENTLY BANNED
Slap that Novitec super-charger and you'll really have a winner.

"Under the hood, Novitec has fitted a centrifugal supercharger and a new exhaust system as well as a remapped ECU, which boosts power from 434 up to a nice, even 600bhp."

35d9hl5.jpg

That, or maybe Fran could jerry-rig a pro-charger to slide on :thumbsup:

...supercharged Maserti powered SL-C has a better ring to it though...

That is a nice set up, but ridiculously priced at $30,000 for the kit! I could have my fabricator build a similar package for $10,000.....and may do that if I find that 400 horsepower per ton is not enough...which is unlikely! :thumbsup:

That is a nice set up, but ridiculously priced at $30,000 for the kit! I could have my fabricator build a similar package for $10,000.....and may do that if I find that 400 horsepower per ton is not enough...which is unlikely! :thumbsup:

What's less expensive, the a blower or the 4.7L motor?
Dyno of Maserati GranTurismo S (4.7L)
Before Tune: 426 HP / 361 lb·ft
After Tune: 451 HP / 384 lb·ft

Not too shabby...

Last edited:
The 'Fantasy Junction' P4 is a fabrication masterpiece. I saw the car at SEMA and the construction and many modifications are first class to say the least. Spoke with the builder, he gave me a tour of the mods and was a real car guy who is rightfully proud of the creation he and his son built. I even think I spoke to TrevorM in the ISIS booth (?)

Luckily Fantasy Junction is juuusssst far enough away that I don't go and drool very often. For a treat go to the FJ website and look up the Ferrari, they have a nice collection of vids on the car.

Mesa...I am not the Trevor M you met at the ISIS booth, the TM you met is one of the builders (son). But we have met when Howard's SLC was delivered and a bunch of guys went to his place to check out the car. Joe and Trevor M certainly did build a superb P4.

I am building a P4 with F355 running gear. I've ditched the Ferrari ECU and am getting it mapped on an aftermarket ECU (Omex, MBE or Pectel) as it will be more reliable and deliver more power. (around 420bhp)

Mine has a similar body to the RCR car (although I have lowered the roof and done lots of stuff to replicate a specific 412P - 0854) but its on a different chassis.

I went the 355 route on the basis of cost (low) reliability (high) and the fact that any v8 engine I used had to be flat plane to make the right sort of noise.

With a V8 you have to use an X-pipe configuration which gives you a harmonic which sounds a bit like like a V12.

I looked at 365/400/412/456 engines and got close on going 456, but it doesn't rev very high, limiting transmission options. The F355 box is great as its so compact.

A pic from when the engine was going in - here.

engine and brakes.jpg

Back